Is it snowing there?

RushRevisited

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 15 2007, 01:17 PM)
Had about 2-3 inches of snow this morning, now has turned to ice and rain. Supposed to get real cold again tonight and freeze with more snow on top of it... How's the weather where you are?

4-5 inches here so far...waiting until it stops to go out and blade the driveway....

It actually warmed up overnight here, -22c this morning.

What a nice treat.

I got about an inch over night, and expecting another 2-5 through tomorrow morning. South of Chicago, it supposed to be much worse.

QUOTE (Geds @ Dec 15 2007, 12:25 PM)
4-5 inches here so far...waiting until it stops to go out and blade the driveway....

Snowed 3" here last night. I'll shovel it later if/when I get in the mood.

Wish I had a damn tractor. Crap. sad.gif

f**k you people with your blue skies and mild temperatures!!!!!!

tongue.gif

blush4.gif

"they" keep saying we're going to be getting snow...

i have yet to see it

what? a few inches today/tonite, and upto 5-8" overnite and into sunday...

and i'm supposed to drive to a club in toledo tonite?

this should be interesting

maybe i'll take the snowmobile down there!!!

common001.gif

(ok, not really)

f**k it mother nature. make up your mind....

either we're getting a good dumping, or we''re not...

ack.

We are suppose to get 8 to 12 inches by tomorrow night big storm moving in from Texas angry.gif Thanks a lot but I still have my sign http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/blonde77th2/557170001197657517-final.gif

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/blonde77th2/1181542226474s.jpg

The ice storm that hit earlier this week left a lot of people here (still) without power and the electric co. is out in force working their asses off to get everyone's lights back on. For a couple of days you could sit and hear ear-splitting cracks as huge branches gave way to the ice on them and fell to the ground. We got another two inches last night in a second wave of cold.

I'm not going to bitch for two reasons. First, I'm one of the fortunate ones that has power still running. Second, Kansas got punched worse than we did and those states to the north and east are in for worse. I feel badly for them and I hope everyone in those areas get through this mess okay.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Dec 15 2007, 02:15 PM)
f**k you people with your blue skies and mild temperatures!!!!!!

tongue.gif

blush4.gif

"they" keep saying we're going to be getting snow...
i have yet to see it

what? a few inches today/tonite, and upto 5-8" overnite and into sunday...

and i'm supposed to drive to a club in toledo tonite?
this should be interesting

maybe i'll take the snowmobile down there!!!
common001.gif

(ok, not really)

f**k it mother nature. make up your mind....
either we're getting a good dumping, or we''re not...

ack.

goodpost.gif

Same here!

Well except the club part laugh.gif

I wish it would just be one big dump of snow already these little storm are a pain.

Ain't winter a bitch?

MUAHAHAHAAAA!!!

Upstate NY. At my house, we got about 8-10 inches on Thursday, expecting possibly another foot more on top of that -- this time, mixed with sleet and other wet crap.

Was a balmy 14F here today cool.gif

We are gonna get nailed big time tonight and tomorrow

eh.gif

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php...ref=wxeyealerts

Winter storm warning for: London - Middlesex

Issued at 7:03 PM EST SATURDAY 15 DECEMBER 2007

A NEAR-CRIPPLING SNOW STORM WITH HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW AS WELL AS SOME ICE PELLETS TONIGHT AND SUNDAY. THIS IS A WARNING THAT DANGEROUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

A MASSIVE WINTER STORM IS ABOUT TO STRIKE MUCH OF SOUTHERN AND EASTERN ONTARIO WITH NEAR RECORD SNOWFALL AMOUNTS. LATEST ANALYSES INDICATES THAT THE DEVELOPING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS MOVING ACROSS WESTERN KENTUCKY PRECEEDED BY A BURGEONING AREA OF MODERATE SNOW WITH SOME FREEZING PRECIPITATION EXTENDING NORTH TO LAKE ERIE. THE LOW WILL MOVE NORTHEAST TOWARDS THE LOWER GREAT LAKES AND INTENSIFY RAPIDLY AS IT REACHES OHIO SUNDAY MORNING THEN TRACK ACROSS NEW YORK STATE INTO NEW ENGLAND SUNDAY NIGHT. THIS STORM TRACK WILL PLACE MUCH OF SOUTHERN AND EASTERN ONTARIO DIRECTLY UNDER THE BRUNT OF HEAVY SNOW. A FEW CLAPS OF THUNDER ALONG WITH BURSTS OF VERY HEAVY SNOW ARE ALSO LIKELY. THE BRUNT OF THE MAIN SNOW EVENT WILL BEGIN THIS EVENING IN THE SOUTHWEST AND RAPIDLY ENVELOP ALL REGIONS EAST TO OTTAWA IN THE OVERNIGHT HOURS. COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF SNOW AS WELL AS STRONG WINDS CAUSING BLOWING SNOW ARE EXPECTED. FREEZING RAIN IS ALSO POSSIBLE NEAR LAKE ERIE. WIDESPREAD SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 CM ARE EXPECTED IN MOST AREAS TONIGHT AND SUNDAY. SOME LOCAL AMOUNTS OF 40 CM OR MORE ARE QUITE LIKELY IN A FEW AREAS BY SUNDAY NIGHT..ESPECIALLY FROM THE WEST END OF LAKE ONTARIO AND EASTWARDS INTO FAR EASTERN ONTARIO. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING SNOW IS EXPECTED TO ACCOMPANY THE HEAVY SNOW DUE TO STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS GUSTING TO 60 KM/H WHIPPING UP THE FRESHLY FALLEN SNOW AND CAUSING WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. IN ADDITION FREEZING RAIN IS POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY NEAR LAKE ERIE FOR A FEW HOURS OVERNIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING AS MILDER AIR PAYS A BRIEF VISIT ALOFT. ICE PELLETS ARE ALSO QUITE POSSIBLE GENERALLY ALONG AND SOUTH OF A LINE FROM GRAND BEND TO NEAR TORONTO AND EAST TO CORNWALL. THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE PREPARED TO CHANGE PLANS ACCORDINGLY TO AVOID UNNECESSARY TRAVEL DURING THIS STORM. THIS MASSIVE SNOW STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO CAUSE NEAR-PARALYZING CONDITIONS AS ROAD TRAVEL ON ANY UNPLOWED STREETS MAY BECOME NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE ON SUNDAY. ALL MOTORISTS WHO MUST TRAVEL ARE URGENTLY ADVISED TO USE EXTREME CAUTION AND PLAN FOR MUCH EXTRA TIME TO REACH THEIR DESTINATION. THERE IS A HIGH DEGREE OF CERTAINTY WITH THIS STORM AS THE CONCENSUS OF WEATHER MODEL DATA IS VIRTUALLY UNANIMOUSLY FORECASTING THIS EVENT

Archived