New England Patriots 2007-08

Slime

Will the Patriots remain undefeated this season?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Patriots remain undefeated this season?

• yes
    • no

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 15 2007, 12:51 PM)
NE -24 over NYJ. ohmy.gif That may be too many points given the blizzard conditions expected. Should be fun, I hope we get that game instead of another Texans snoozer.

I'm sure we'll get the Pats game beause the Texans played on Thursday. I would rather drill a hole in my head than watch the Texans.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 15 2007, 01:51 PM)
NE -24 over NYJ. ohmy.gif That may be too many points given the blizzard conditions expected. Should be fun, I hope we get that game instead of another Texans snoozer.

No problemo!!!! Remember our famous snow game a few years back?!?!? wink.gif

cheer.gif Pats cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Dec 15 2007, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 15 2007, 01:51 PM)
NE -24 over NYJ.  ohmy.gif  That may be too many points given the blizzard conditions expected. Should be fun, I hope we get that game instead of another Texans snoozer.

No problemo!!!! Remember our famous snow game a few years back?!?!? wink.gif

cheer.gif Pats cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Which one? The one against the Raiders that you should have lost tongue.gif

Actually we've had several famous snow games over the years! We looooooove those games!!!! Tomorrow should be VERY INTERESTING!!!! Weatherman says SNOW and little old ladies are fighting over bread in the grocery stores! We love every minute of this up here!!!! Jets SHOULD be used to the cold - - but we're gonna win! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

We play! That's what we do! We don't talk, we play! You come to Foxboro, it's gonna be snowing, it gonna be cold...Come on in here! You wanna say all you want, you wanna change the rules, change 'em! We still play, and we win, that's what we do!" -Tedy Bruschi

http://www.patriotworld.com/imagesposts03/SBprog10.jpg

cheer.gif Pats cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Just saw Foxboro on the news! WHAT A MESS!!!!

They're only working on clearing two parking lots so far. Game doesn't start til one, but we're in the middle of a heavy Nor'Easter! They're telling fans to bring little shovels to clear off their own seats - - so much for the metal detectors!!! laugh.gif

Actually, what's going to be bad is that the storm is going to turn from snow to a biting, windy, icy sleet. Veeeeery slippery with low visibility!

Mother Nature's revenge for CameraGate!

z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

(Seriously, I hope no one gets injured in this!!! Gonna be wicked!)

cheer.gif Pats cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Whatever the conditions are at kickoff won't matter. The Pats are going to run roughshod over the hapless jets.

Notice how I didn't even capitalize the "J" in jets.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 16 2007, 06:09 PM)
Wow, Tom Brady was embarrassing today. Almost vomit-inducing in his performance. I expected so much more from him today... and this is the one day I need him the most in fantasy!!

Nice !!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

You are correct.

sarcasm.gif

OK - - so Tom Brady didn't throw a touchdown pass - - picky, picky, picky! confused13.gif

A win's a win!!! trink39.gif

cheer.gif Pats cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

The Pat's ran the ball well, but is anyone else beginning to wonder how well this team will perform in Dec/Jan weather? Seems to me that JAC or IND is a threat in bad weather. Remains to be seen though.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Dec 16 2007, 04:09 PM)
Wow, Tom Brady was embarrassing today. Almost vomit-inducing in his performance. I expected so much more from him today... and this is the one day I need him the most in fantasy!!

Even when Tom's having a bad day he still gets the W.

Tis' no man, tis' all machine.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 19 2007, 02:16 AM)
The Pat's ran the ball well, but is anyone else beginning to wonder how well this team will perform in Dec/Jan weather? Seems to me that JAC or IND is a threat in bad weather. Remains to be seen though.

Indy a threat in the snow in January? The very deffinition of a Dome-baby if I ever saw one a threat in snow in January? The Colts will have to go through Foxboro if they want to get to Glendale. The Jaguars ae good, but they lost twice to Indy, while the Pats (even with horrid officiating) beat the Colts. The Patriots have the D and the running game when neccisary to win bad-weather games, and they have the passing attack to kill when the weather is good. This team's going 19-0, and not Don Shula and his Dolphins, not the referees, not weather, not the other 31 teams in the NFL are going to stop them.

On another note, glad to see the Pats get some Pro Bowl recognition this year as opposed to other years when they've been really good and had 1 or 2 players go to Hawaii. 7 going to start and another as a reserve. Pretty damn good

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Dec 19 2007, 10:19 PM)

Indy a threat in the snow in January? The very deffinition of a Dome-baby if I ever saw one a threat in snow in January?

Uh, yeah. You did watch them win it all with a running game and D last year, right? The Colts run the ball better than NE plain and simple. I'd bet on them in a bad weather game against NE, particularly with the 4 points or so they'd be getting.

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 20 2007, 08:36 PM)

Indy a threat in the snow in January? The very deffinition of a Dome-baby if I ever saw one a threat in snow in January?

Uh, yeah. You did watch them win it all with a running game and D last year, right? The Colts run the ball better than NE plain and simple. I'd bet on them in a bad weather game against NE, particularly with the 4 points or so they'd be getting.

that was last year that Indy won, not this year. Last year Brady had scrubs as his recievers and came within a few awful drops by said scrubs (all but one no longer with the team) of winning the AFC title in Indy, against that "vaunted" Indy D and running game. New England has a better defense by far, they are a healthier team, and oh yeah, they have the best QB and head coach in the league and home field advantage. Not to mention that they already beat the Colts in their dome, bad officiating and all this year. I'll take the Pats against any team you want to throw at them, AFC, NFC, or all time, in any stadium and any weather.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Dec 21 2007, 12:03 AM)

that was last year that Indy won, not this year. Last year Brady had scrubs as his recievers and came within a few awful drops by said scrubs (all but one no longer with the team) of winning the AFC title in Indy, against that "vaunted" Indy D and running game. New England has a better defense by far, they are a healthier team, and oh yeah, they have the best QB and head coach in the league and home field advantage. Not to mention that they already beat the Colts in their dome, bad officiating and all this year. I'll take the Pats against any team you want to throw at them, AFC, NFC, or all time, in any stadium and any weather.

Tap the breaks on the 'all time', the 90's Cowboys would flat out CRUSH you. That's the difference. You are the best team this year. But look at the state of the league. We were deeper and much more balanced.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 21 2007, 04:37 AM)

Tap the breaks on the 'all time', the 90's Cowboys would flat out CRUSH you. That's the difference. You are the best team this year. But look at the state of the league. We were deeper and much more balanced.

The early 90s Boys are up there with the 70s Steelers, the 80s Niners, and some other squads as the most dominating of all time. They had a pro bowler at every key position, they owned the line of scrimmage, and were hell to defend against with Emmitt's running threat, and deadly receiovers (and tight end!).

Those teams were special. With the way free agency works these days, Im not sure theres time to gel teams like those anymore.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 21 2007, 09:29 AM)

The early 90s Boys are up there with the 70s Steelers, the 80s Niners, and some other squads as the most dominating of all time. They had a pro bowler at every key position, they owned the line of scrimmage, and were hell to defend against with Emmitt's running threat, and deadly receiovers (and tight end!).

Those teams were special. With the way free agency works these days, Im not sure theres time to gel teams like those anymore.

Not to mention the depth.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Dec 21 2007, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Dec 21 2007, 09:29 AM)

Not to mention the depth.

Yeah, depth, but mainly, their all stars, Lash.

I love the Pats but even I have to question the play calling with about 9:00 minutes left - They are up by 21, miami has already proven they can drive quickly (even though they botched the score) and the Pats have an easy field goal to put the game out of reach completely yet instead they run it on third and go for it on fourth and turn the ball over -

I can see forgetting the field goal when you are up by 30 or more and going for it on 4th down but not when you are only up by 21 with plenty of time left on the clock - I just hope it doesn't come back and bite them one of these days -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Dec 23 2007, 07:40 PM)
I love the Pats but even I have to question the play calling with about 9:00 minutes left - They are up by 21, miami has already proven they can drive quickly (even though they botched the score) and the Pats have an easy field goal to put the game out of reach completely yet instead they run it on third and go for it on fourth and turn the ball over -
I can see forgetting the field goal when you are up by 30 or more and going for it on 4th down but not when you are only up by 21 with plenty of time left on the clock - I just hope it doesn't come back and bite them one of these days -

If that's all you have to worry about then you are in great shape.

Archived