New England Patriots 2007-08

Slime

Will the Patriots remain undefeated this season?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Patriots remain undefeated this season?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Nov 17 2007, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 17 2007, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Nov 17 2007, 04:17 PM)
Yep, yep, yep!

Boston's on a totally wicked high this year!  Wish my Dad were still with us to enjoy this ride!  He would've had a detailed analysis for everyone - - - I'm just gonna smile and cheer!!! trink39.gif

Sox, Patriots, Celtics . . . applaudit.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Still not the Bruins though.

3/4 is still pretty damn good though.

Our Bruins keep getting beat up - - literally!!!!! angry.gif

(p.s. the kids loved your paper, we've been doing something fun with it; I'll pm you soon with the results! Thanks again!)

Hare biggrin.gif

The Bruins do have a bunch of injuries, but they are off to a way better start than expected, they even beat my Leafs on Thursday.

And your welcome. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 18 2007, 02:08 AM)
Okay enough. Please take the God forsaken hockey talk to a hockey thread. It's bad enough your sport is in my newspaper. We don't need the cross pollination polluting high grade football.

Ok, I will stop posting about hockey.

You don't have to insult it though.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 02:33 AM)
Okay enough.  Please take the God forsaken hockey talk to a hockey thread.  It's bad enough your sport is in my newspaper.  We don't need the cross pollination polluting high grade football.

It just comes naturally. Sorry. Don't get me wrong, I respect the sport and have been to several hockey games, both NHL and minor league.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Nov 18 2007, 02:35 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Nov 18 2007, 02:33 AM)
Okay enough.  Please take the God forsaken hockey talk to a hockey thread.  It's bad enough your sport is in my newspaper.  We don't need the cross pollination polluting high grade football.

It just comes naturally. Sorry. Don't get me wrong, I respect the sport and have been to several hockey games, both NHL and minor league.

No problem. It's the same as me sometimes naturally posting about hockey.

Come on LCC, your on a forum about a Canadian band. Naturally, you're going to run into a few of us Canucks and....well, I think hockey is just genetic up here tongue.gif

(I do miss watching my Habs, but I'm liking South Korea smile.gif )

QUOTE (Slime @ Nov 18 2007, 09:13 PM)
Come on LCC, your on a forum about a Canadian band. Naturally, you're going to run into a few of us Canucks and....well, I think hockey is just genetic up here tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

What the Heck they punted last night put in the back up QB and 4th string running back???

Talk about given up angry.gif

They better step up their game before the Jets come into Town I want to see them Drop 100 on them.

This post is meant to be funny I am in no way really mad that they did the before mention things. smile.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Nov 17 2007, 08:42 PM)
I know that for me, forget any regular season records, and play for the SBC. After all, that would put us one up on SF and PITT for the all time best.

How do you figure? confused13.gif

The 49ers and Steelers have each won 5 (along with hated Cowboys tongue.gif ), the Patriots have only won 3. The Pats will still be 1 behind if they win it this year. The Pats also have 2 losses in Superbowls, while the 49ers won everyone they appeared in, 653.gif and the Steelers have only lost 1.

If you're just counting appearences the Steelers have been to 6, which the Pats would tie this year, so either way the Pats won't be "one up" on anyone.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 19 2007, 08:33 AM)
I know that for me, forget any regular season records, and play for the SBC. After all, that would put us one up on SF and PITT for the all time best.

The 49ers and Steelers have each won 5 (along with hated Cowboys tongue.gif ), the Patriots have only won 3. The Pats will still be 1 behind if they win it this year. The Pats also have 2 losses in Superbowls, while the 49ers won everyone they appeared in, 653.gif and the Steelers have only lost 1.

If you're just counting appearences the Steelers have been to 6, which the Pats would tie this year, so either way the Pats won't be "one up" on anyone.

I think when people refer to them as the best, like Madden was last night, they are speaking of this team this year - They haven't won it all yet but there has never been a team so dominating in each of it's game as have this years Pats. I have been watching since the early 70's and I have never seen a team so near to perfection as this one even the 72 dolphins had 5 or 6 games where they won with a td or less. I have never seen a front line protect a QB better - I have never seen a QB do whatever he wants to the extent Brady is doing it this year -

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Nov 19 2007, 12:22 PM)

I think when people refer to them as the best, like Madden was last night, they are speaking of this team this year - They haven't won it all yet but there has never been a team so dominating in each of it's game as have this years Pats. I have been watching since the early 70's and I have never seen a team so near to perfection as this one even the 72 dolphins had 5 or 6 games where they won with a td or less. I have never seen a front line protect a QB better - I have never seen a QB do whatever he wants to the extent Brady is doing it this year -

Well put. Brady is unbelievable. You can't make any mistakes against the Pats. One mistake early, and the next thing you know you're down 14 - 21 points in the first quarter. Last night was impressive.

Tom, Randy and the boys put on a football clinic, they could have put up 70 points last night if they really wanted to.

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Nov 19 2007, 12:22 PM)

No doubt they're a precision team, and are having their way with the entire NFL this season, but I was referring to his comment about being one up on the 49ers and the Steelers if the Pats win the Superbowl this year. My point was the Pats will still only have 4 wins total to the 49ers and Steelers 5 each.

He said it would put the Pats one up on SF & Pitt for the all time best, can't do that if you're one win behind. wink.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 19 2007, 02:00 PM)
Tom, Randy and the boys put on a football clinic, they could have put up 70 points last night if they really wanted to.

yes.gif My thoughts exactly!

What do you think of the "running up the score" debate, D? At what point should the Bellman not use the stars?

This is the big hometeam debate these days - - no one ever questions a win anymore since the defeat of the Colts.

cheer.gif trink39.gif cheer.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Nov 19 2007, 02:37 PM)

What do you think of the "running up the score" debate, D? At what point should the Bellman not use the stars?

This is the big hometeam debate these days - - no one ever questions a win anymore since the defeat of the Colts.

Hare biggrin.gif

They're all professionals, so I never understand why people get mad at a team running up the score.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Nov 19 2007, 01:37 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

It's a 60 minute game, running up the score is just a lame excuse for any given team that has a shitty defence.

Should be interesting this upcoming weekend against Philly. wink.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 19 2007, 02:57 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Nov 19 2007, 01:37 PM)

Hare biggrin.gif

It's a 60 minute game, running up the score is just a lame excuse for any given team that has a shitty defence.

Should be interesting this upcoming weekend against Philly. wink.gif

Bill's philosophy is that everytime you go onto the field you should score a touchdown no matter what quarter it is or what the score is - THAT IS WHY THEY BEAT THE COLTS - They have played every down this season as if it was the most important down even if they were up by 20 or 30 - When they fell behind the colts BILL HAD THEM conditioned not to quit but to play as they have every game - It is actually a great philosophy and in no way is he running up the swcore - He is just keeping his team as smooth and perfect as they can be -

Thanks D, pt, and alph!!! Gotcha!!!

The argument that I've heard from the coaches at work is not concerned with the embarrassment of the opposition, but rather the needless risk to injury. confused13.gif

But, as a fan (who has never played the game z7shysterical.gif ), I sooooooo looooooove a big win!!! I can enjoy the game without the stress of a tight score. laugh.gif

Bill knows what he's doing, eh?!?!?! cheer.gif Patriots cheer.gif

The Philly game should be interesting!!!

Hare biggrin.gif

Belchck does a Monday 15 minute spot with WEEI and they asked about going for it on fourth down twice last night.. He said he never was a big fan of putting a three points up on the board when your already leading by 30. So they give the defense a chance to stop them.

He later at the end ask the 2 former players a question what they thought about narrowing the goal post to make kicking a FG harder. He also said he wasn't a big fan of the College or Nfl OT rules he would like it to be a set amount of time say 7-8 minutes

About when to take out players the were some that gotten dinged up last night and he kept them out.

As for the Greatest Single season Team IF they do run the table then they will and should go down as the Best Ever.

Now if the do it two more years in a row then they would have 5 rings and be the Greatest Franchise in the Super Bowl Era.

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 19 2007, 03:50 PM)
Belchck does a Monday 15 minute spot with WEEI and they asked about going for it on fourth down twice last night.. He said he never was a big fan of putting a three points up on the board when your already leading by 30. So they give the defense a chance to stop them.
He later at the end ask the 2 former players a question what they thought about narrowing the goal post to make kicking a FG harder. He also said he wasn't a big fan of the College or Nfl OT rules he would like it to be a set amount of time say 7-8 minutes

About when to take out players the were some that gotten dinged up last night and he kept them out.

As for the Greatest Single season Team IF they do run the table then they will and should go down as the Best Ever.
Now if the do it two more years in a row then they would have 5 rings and be the Greatest Franchise in the Super Bowl Era.

The only down side is that they are the only great team when in other eras, there were three or four great teams.

The Eagles came close last night, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand gernades.

11-0.

Sunday Dec. 3, Ravens.

Archived