Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

I got around to reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter last week. The show is far, far superior to the book and Dexter is a bit different also.

Book Dexter is a much better narrator but also much more of a pure sociopath who's more into torture and killing rather than kill & dismember. There's not much gore but Book Dex is not so quick to kill his victims.

Book Deb is onto Dex seemingly from the beginning, wondering how he has such insight into murders so it's not so shocking that she finds out in the book...what is shocking is how very bad the ending is. Totally dreadful, it's not clear what exactly happens but at the end Deb & Dex are goofing around like it's no big deal. If ever there was a book to study for hurried, ridiculous endings then DDD is the one.

Don't bother with the books, the show has better writing & characters with real depth.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 26 2011, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 26 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 26 2011, 12:52 PM)
Less than a week to go!

I've already watched first episode as it was leaked by the network last week....Pretty good start! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Lucky dog!

The bad thing is I have to wait 2 weeks for next episode eh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 3 2011, 05:36 PM)
Last night episode was pretty good. It's already better than anything they did last season laugh.gif

i think so too. edward james olmos and tom hanks jr seems like an interesting pair

QUOTE (mortkort @ Oct 3 2011, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 3 2011, 05:36 PM)
Last night episode was pretty good. It's already better than anything they did last season laugh.gif

i think so too. edward james olmos and tom hanks jr seems like an interesting pair

Yeah, It was cool to see Edward James Olmos pop up. I haven't seen him in anything since Battlestar Galactic ended a couple years ago. I guess him and Colin Hanks are gonna be Dexter's new enemies for the season.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 5 2011, 06:29 PM)
Good start to season 6. I'm glad the show is back. I really hope that SOMEONE finds out who Dexter is this season

I just hope the show leads somewhere this season unlike last year. The first epsiode made that look promising.

The other killers aren't always Dexter's enemies. Sometimes they become friends. Lila, and Brian were on a friends level, despite him having to kill them. He was also friends with Arthur and Miguel until he decided he had to kill them. He may befriend Hanks and Olmos for he obviously admires their work. Only time will tell.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Oct 6 2011, 05:23 PM)
The other killers aren't always Dexter's enemies. Sometimes they become friends. Lila, and Brian were on a friends level, despite him having to kill them. He was also friends with Arthur and Miguel until he decided he had to kill them. He may befriend Hanks and Olmos for he obviously admires their work. Only time will tell.

Lila wasn't a killer when Dexter meet her though. At least there was nothing to indicate she did it before. Their relationship was established before she decided to blow up Doakes. His friendship with Miguel happened by accident not by Dexter's choice at first. Miguel was the one who spun out of control by not following the code.

Dexter befriended Arthur so he could learn more about how to balance being a serial killer and a family man. But Dexter paid the ultimate price in the end with that one.

Yes, Olmos and Hanks characters don't have to be enemies and Dexter can admire their work. But if they are killing innocent people then they are an enemies of Dexter's. After what happened to Rita i'm sure Dexter has learned not to become friends with a killer again.

So Deb is the new lieutenant. I don't think this gonna end well because Laguerta will probably sabotage her to piss off the chief.

The job just doesn't fit Deb either. She's a cop through and through and doesn't "play the game" at all. Which is something you need to know how to do when you get a position like that. Then again, maybe she'll change the way that job is done.

Random thoughts after "Once Upon a Time":

Quinn is dead, he's pissed off at both Morgans now and he'll be back on Dexter and that won't end well for him.

Mos Def is really good as Brother Sam.

Hunt & kill Dexter is much, much more entertaining than the previous years "looking for my humanity" Dexter.

So far off to a better start than last season...which isn't really saying a whole lot but still.