Rush and sneakers

ReflectedLight

I've had my pair of Converse aka: Chuck Taylors forever, and they are the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own.

Pumas are also very comfrotable especially if you plan on doing a lot of running. I hope this helps. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Nov 10 2007, 06:46 PM)
I've seen Geddy and Alex wear puma's and Geddy wears the Chuck Taylors. Does anyone have any experience with wearing either one?
I need a cool pair of casual, not athletic gym type sneakers, to wear around.

Don't buy chuck tailors. By Jack Purcells by same brand, Converse. They're just as light and look similar, but they're cushioned and not flat footed.

Chucks are amazing...i have the black/white ones that geddy does...however, i still havent figured out if he wears hitops or lowtops....me and my buddy always get into arguments about them because i have low tops and he has hitops and he thinks his are cooler....not that i really care whats cooler i was just wondering which one geddy wore....

anyways ive had my converse for 3 years and they are still just as confortable and reliable. 2.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Nov 10 2007, 11:26 PM)
No Offence to Rush, but I don't pick out the shoes I wear just because Rush wears them...

I think you are the kind of fan who scares Neil biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Hmm... I don't care, 'cause it seems to me that he avoids talking to fans what so ever, so for me to own a pair of Chuck Taylor's is no problem. And so I do. I have the hitops, but at the Oslo gig Geddy wore lowtops, but I think he has both. I'm sure that the shoes he wore at R30 are hitops!

I strongly recommend the Chuck Taylor's!

No Offence to Rush, but I don't pick out the shoes I wear just because Rush wears them...

I think you are the kind of fan who scares Neil biggrin.gif rofl3.gif

Personally I don't have much sense of style, so I thought I would steal a tip on shoes from guys that are cool.

cool.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 11 2007, 07:08 AM)
I saw a pair of Chucks exactly like these ones...

http://www.canehdian.com/genre/rock/a/geddylee/geddy.jpg

And knew I had to have them. Since then they're the only shoes I've ever worn. I have a white pair of Converse trainers and two pairs of C.T.s

these are the high tops... the low tops don't have the logo on the inner ankle side...

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/danamermaid7/chucks.jpg

2.gif

Dana

QUOTE (coolema @ Nov 11 2007, 04:47 AM)

I think you are the kind of fan who scares Neil biggrin.gif  rofl3.gif

Hmm... I don't care, 'cause it seems to me that he avoids talking to fans what so ever, so for me to own a pair of Chuck Taylor's is no problem. And so I do. I have the hitops, but at the Oslo gig Geddy wore lowtops, but I think he has both. I'm sure that the shoes he wore at R30 are hitops!

I've been wearing Chuck Taylors since the 80's. I wear them because they are comfortable and durable. I have a pair of high top green Chucks that I wear almost everyday. I will keep wearing them till they fall apart, which wont be soon because those shoes are built to last. Even with the insane stuff I do, they are still kicking it. biggrin.gif

In the 80s, I owned several pairs of Chuck Taylors in several different colors. It became kind of a "punk" fashion statement to wear these cheap canvas sneakers while everyone else was spending $50+ on leather Reeboks.

They run huge in size. They come in many different colors, even patterns. They're fairly comfortable, but thin.

QUOTE (VaporTrails04 @ Nov 10 2007, 09:08 PM)
Chucks are amazing...i have the black/white ones that geddy does...however, i still havent figured out if he wears hitops or lowtops....

He's worn both. I've seen pictures of him with low-tops, pictures of him with hi-tops.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Nov 11 2007, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Nov 11 2007, 05:45 PM)
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/danamermaid7/chucks.jpg

Why are you wearing pajama bottoms with them? wink.gif

Cause I had just gotten them and it was about 11:30pm and I wanted to get a pic of me in them before I went to bed... lol... I knew someone was going to ask about that!

2.gif

Dana

i can't believe a sneaker thread is still going biggrin.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 11 2007, 07:40 PM)
Everyone takes pictures in their Chuck Ts for no reason. laugh.gif

I did, too, back when I wore them! Somewhere in my stack of old photos is a few of my Converse.

When seniors were asked in our high school newspaper to leave something behind for the underclassmen, I wrote, "I, Mark Daniels, leave my purple Converse to whoever wants them." (I had a purple pair I wore with a purple-and-white Perry Ellis boat shirt.)

I've also thrown them on telephone wires when they died.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 11 2007, 06:40 PM)

there was a reason... because I wanted to... and that was good enough for me.

please don't be a hater...

2.gif

Dana

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Nov 13 2007, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Nov 11 2007, 06:40 PM)

there was a reason... because I wanted to... and that was good enough for me.

please don't be a hater...

2.gif

Dana

Nah... I did it too. I'm just saying it's a fact, everyone does it and I have no idea why. laugh.gif

There's a great pair hung over some telephone wires in Sheffield City Centre. Unless they've been moved now. They say T-Rex on the bottom, looks like someone had a go at customising them.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Nov 11 2007, 01:34 PM)
QUOTE (coolema @ Nov 11 2007, 04:47 AM)

I think you are the kind of fan who scares Neil biggrin.gif  rofl3.gif

I've been wearing Chuck Taylors since the 80's. I wear them because they are comfortable and durable. I have a pair of high top green Chucks that I wear almost everyday. I will keep wearing them till they fall apart, which wont be soon because those shoes are built to last. Even with the insane stuff I do, they are still kicking it. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I used to wear Chuck's, but I discovered I had VERY flat feet, and need to wear an insert to provide arch support. However, the way the inserts are designed, they actually destroyed the shoes from the inside. So that was it for Chuck's and I.

Now, I generally wear New Balance or ASICS (mainly depending on the price laugh.gif ), but I'm getting Puma's for my next pair.

Archived