Next Album's Lyrics

ReflectedLight

Any ideas on what Neil might write about on the next album?

Being that Neil and his buddy have been motorcycling around all over the place, I think he might touch on traveling, maybe how the band has been able to stay together for a long time.

Any other ideas?

I can't wait to here some of the responses. laugh.gif

I don't really have a clue where they will go from here.

S&A was a very nice change (or reinvention) for the band, and I hope they continue in this vein. Constant evolution has been their defining characteristic over the years. I hope they move on and continue to develop.

S&A subject matter is a bit on the cynical side, yet still fresh and inventive. It's tone is just darker and more thoughtful than other albums. (Leave it to Neil and Rush to be cynical and refreshing at the same time!)

That's my $.02.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Oct 25 2007, 01:19 PM)
Being that Neil and his buddy have been motorcycling around all over the place, I think he might touch on traveling, maybe how the band has been able to stay together for a long time.
Any other ideas?
I can't wait to here some of the responses.  laugh.gif

You know how that deer feels

going under your speeding wheels

>>rofl3.gif<<

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 25 2007, 03:56 PM)
Any other ideas?

>>rofl3.gif<<

rofl3.gif

Good question, hard to tell.

IMHO, Neil has mostly purged his own demons of tragedy and worthlessness while trying to retain a somewhat accessible sense of world-view.

World-responsibility and awareness is an old theme of Neil's. Personally, I'd like to see him bring up these views again in global environmentalism, decaying classical ideals versus modern political agendas, and/or personal enlightenment in the face of fanatic, religious dogmatism...

More science talk would be nice. So would anti-propaganda. Or even sci-fi or fantasy analogies to real-world situations.

So many avenues to pursue. Time will tell, and I doubt if any of our personal posts make a difference, tho I'd like to feel otherwise...

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 25 2007, 11:50 PM)
Possible album titles include:

- Hold Your Antlers
- Vapor Tails
- Hemisdeers

Other possible titles include

Geneva Project

Impending Countdown

Cut to the Glacier

Iceline

Workin' them Agendas

Malignant Corporate Narcissism

Resist the Facts

Wet Sector 1527b

A Farewell to Springs

Closer to the Dollar

Indifferent Things

Spirit of Propaganda

2057: It's Too Late

Tragedy Kid

Superconsumer

Available Fight

QUOTE (psionic11 @ Oct 25 2007, 09:39 PM)
Oh yeah...

I think it's high-time for Neil to jump the Environmentalism bandwagon.

Imagine a Hemispheres-like epic where Neil has done research and points out the consequences we will face in the next couple decades...

"ExxonMobil ravaged

And the land grew black with oil

The polar bears were drowning

But Al Gore was quite prepared!"

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 25 2007, 03:56 PM)
Any other ideas?

>>rofl3.gif<<

Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahaha. I forgot all about that blog post on his site. That's friggin hillarious.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 26 2007, 02:55 PM)
I hate to say it, but I do think the Next album is going to be........ ohmy.gif The Last ohmy.gif

Yes, it has the working title "Pension Fund" wink.gif

QUOTE (psionic11 @ Oct 25 2007, 11:26 PM)
Good question, hard to tell.

IMHO, Neil has mostly purged his own demons of tragedy and worthlessness while trying to retain a somewhat accessible sense of world-view.

World-responsibility and awareness is an old theme of Neil's. Personally, I'd like to see him bring up these views again in global environmentalism, decaying classical ideals versus modern political agendas, and/or personal enlightenment in the face of fanatic, religious dogmatism...

More science talk would be nice. So would anti-propaganda. Or even sci-fi or fantasy analogies to real-world situations.

So many avenues to pursue. Time will tell, and I doubt if any of our personal posts make a difference, tho I'd like to feel otherwise...

Amen, brotha! U said it better than i could. I read today that apes and monkeys are on the brink of extinction, u know what that means...

QUOTE (psionic11 @ Oct 25 2007, 11:39 PM)
Oh yeah...

I think it's high-time for Neil to jump the Environmentalism bandwagon.

Imagine a Hemispheres-like epic where Neil has done research and points out the consequences we will face in the next couple decades...

062802puke_prv.gif

I would seriously puke on my lap if he did this.

Or I just wouldn't buy the album.

Archived