Weeds

LakesideMaiden

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2009, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 27 2009, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2009, 01:42 PM)
Has anyone else been watching the current season  so far?

It is getting even more darker and dramatic then ever....still loving it though!

Jennifer Jason Leigh's been a great new addition to show.

I'm going to watch season 4 tonight. Someone told me to check the show out and I got DVD's from Netflix. I don't have Showtime so I will have a wait to get season 5.

Season 4 was quite the transitional season....there are still a fair share of comedic moments but for the most part the tone of the show gets darker....still excellent writing and acting

Let me know what you think when you are done

I forget what season it is now, but Im going to have to go back and watch EVERYTHING now...

Shouldve been watching long before...

Yes start right from the very beginning....as good as it's been at this stage it was really good when it first started. Also you will find out how Nancy got this far in her current predicament. Lots of stuff to digest smile.gif

Its a great show, no doubt. I still enjoy it each week. But I do miss the shows roots (no pun intended). The whole premise of this white bread suburban mom becoming a pot dealer made for great storylines.

The newer eps are still good, but, imo, not as good as the first few seasons.

That said, I still won't miss an episode.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 17 2009, 03:31 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 17 2009, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2009, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Jun 27 2009, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 27 2009, 01:42 PM)
Has anyone else been watching the current season  so far?

It is getting even more darker and dramatic then ever....still loving it though!

Jennifer Jason Leigh's been a great new addition to show.

I'm going to watch season 4 tonight. Someone told me to check the show out and I got DVD's from Netflix. I don't have Showtime so I will have a wait to get season 5.

Season 4 was quite the transitional season....there are still a fair share of comedic moments but for the most part the tone of the show gets darker....still excellent writing and acting

Let me know what you think when you are done

I forget what season it is now, but Im going to have to go back and watch EVERYTHING now...

Shouldve been watching long before...

Yes start right from the very beginning....as good as it's been at this stage it was really good when it first started. Also you will find out how Nancy got this far in her current predicament. Lots of stuff to digest smile.gif

I assumed such and cant wait...

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 17 2009, 06:29 PM)
Its a great show, no doubt. I still enjoy it each week. But I do miss the shows roots (no pun intended). The whole premise of this white bread suburban mom becoming a pot dealer made for great storylines.

The newer eps are still good, but, imo, not as good as the first few seasons.

That said, I still won't miss an episode.

I definitely agree 100%

spoiler....

you could say that when Nancy and the gang flee the Agrestic wildfires is the "jump the shark" moment of the series in all honesty....even though it is still a pretty good show but since then the dynamics of the whole show changed at that time.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 18 2009, 05:06 PM)
One thing I DO NOT miss from the early seasons is that annoying theme song "Little Boxes" 062802puke_prv.gif

I'll second that. One thing I do look forward to every week is the creative ways they do the title sequence. They're very clever.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 18 2009, 09:52 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 18 2009, 05:06 PM)
One thing I DO NOT miss from the early seasons is that annoying theme song "Little Boxes"  062802puke_prv.gif

I'll second that. One thing I do look forward to every week is the creative ways they do the title sequence. They're very clever.

Thats right between clever and "too cutesey" for me... laugh.gif

Just caught the latest episode last night. I agree with a previous post that the show may be straying too far from the original premise. But still some funny stuff worth watching. I love the Mary Kay meets Pablo Escobar angle! laugh.gif

This season has been touch n go; the season premier with the spontaneous dancing in Mexico...we thought the shark had clearly been jumped. But it's gotten better and I never thought I'd see Andy Botwin as the responsible type.

IMO the series has strayed waaaaay too far from the original premise and it's proof that ol' Jenji has sparked too many blunts.

Just watched all of them. Took only two weeks. biggrin.gif

Love the beginning seasons, but didn't like how the show got so dark.

And I miss the hell out of Conrad, Halia, and her daughter. sad.gif

I'm hoping that somehow things get straightened out and they wind up back at Agrestic/Majestic.

Poor Shane. sad.gif

Can't wait for the latest season to hit DVD. I'm wondering if Kevin Nealon is still on the show, as I've seen him lately on a comedy called 'Til Death.

Just finished Season 1 and starting on Season 2. So far I'd say Im hooked.

Excellent writing. Smart, witty and totally relatable. I can't wait to see how Nancy develops her empire.

biggrin.gif

I almost got a premium station just to watch it when it started the other day, but my satellite bill is already sky-high angry.gif . I'm back to waiting for the DVD. sad.gif

If anyone is interested in buying them cheap, I have the first 5 seasons on blu-ray. If it's against the rules to post that, pretend I never typed it.

I wish it was an hour show. These half-hour shows seem to be over in like 5 minutes. Just as soon as any momentum is built up, the episode is over.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Jul 7 2011, 09:11 AM)
Last season was a bit of a let down. This new season is too early to say but so far the show really dropped off after season 2.

Yeah, the shark was jumped a few seasons back.

Perhaps the writers should have smoked less...uh...weed.