Kevin Smith puts smackdown on a heckler

Slime

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 3 2007, 11:03 AM)
I've only seen the Clerks movies and parts of Jersey Girl.

What should I see next? Should I go in order of release date or is there a certain movie I just HAVE to see?

No matter what anyone says, Dogma is WAAAAAY overrated*

*but then again, so is, I think, Kevin Smith... ph34r.gif

that was pretty funny, porbably would have been better if I could understand half of what he was saying.

Slime, in answer to your question, go chronoligically, but skip CHasing Amy as it is the worst of Kevin Smith's films except for Jersey Girl. Mallrats, Dogma and Jay and Slient Bob Strike Back are all worth seeing.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Aug 4 2007, 01:12 AM)
that was pretty funny, porbably would have been better if I could understand half of what he was saying.

Slime, in answer to your question, go chronoligically, but skip CHasing Amy as it is the worst of Kevin Smith's films except for Jersey Girl. Mallrats, Dogma and Jay and Slient Bob Strike Back are all worth seeing.

confused13.gif I just don't get it. Personally, I'm not impressed with this list of movies. It's nice that people enjoy them, but I can't see what all the fuss is about. I guess if I insult someone by describing a tasteless sexual act performed on their mother, I can be considered witty. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Aug 4 2007, 12:12 AM)

wtf.gif Chasing Amy is the best one after the original Clerks.

I like Kevin Smith - yeah, he's brash but whatever. Dogma is a classic..

QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 3 2007, 02:03 PM)

What should I see next? 

a movie he has nothing to do with. sarcasm.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 4 2007, 09:21 AM)
QUOTE (Slime @ Aug 3 2007, 02:03 PM)

What should I see next? 

a movie he has nothing to do with. sarcasm.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 3 2007, 09:50 PM)

What should I see next? Should I go in order of release date or is there a certain movie I just HAVE to see?

Hilarious. DOGMA is overrated??? I think you just look to find fault with anything that is brilliant so you can make what YOU like seem to be so much better.

As for others in here... Chasing Amy is one of his best and you NEED to watch it for things in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back to make sense.

You must watch chronologically. The only thing that you can do is reverse MallRats with Clerks, because MallRats actually takes place the day before Clerks. So if you watch Mallrats first, some of the things in Clerks become even funnier.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 09:26 AM)

Hilarious. DOGMA is overrated??? I think you just look to find fault with anything that is brilliant so you can make what YOU like seem to be so much better.

Yup, you got me figured. eyesre4.gif

Could it be that I just really think the movie kinda sucks? confused13.gif

Gaze upon my glorious ass, buttboy! moon.gif

tongue.gif

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 4 2007, 12:42 PM)

tongue.gif

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

This just totally proves my point. You fall prey to meaningless crap for the masses like LOTR and you find fault with BRILLIANCE.

There's nothing wrong with that, but don't expect the rest of us, who have at least half a brain and need something with some DEPTH to it, to just take your brainless comments sitting down.

Kevin is GENIUS. His work has so much more depth than any of that ridiculous crap you seem to think is so good. I understand that taste is subjective, but if you can stomach all that crap you like, then I don't understand how you can watch something that is truley AWESOME and find it to be overrated. I mean... c'mon... you're a grown man who gets a boner over STAR WARS and LOTR. You would think something with substance, like ANYTHING by Kevin Smith, would be considered good.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 4 2007, 12:42 PM)

tongue.gif

unsure.gif

bolt.gif

This just totally proves my point. You fall prey to meaningless crap for the masses like LOTR and you find fault with BRILLIANCE.

There's nothing wrong with that, but don't expect the rest of us, who have at least half a brain and need something with some DEPTH to it, to just take your brainless comments sitting down.

Kevin is GENIUS. His work has so much more depth than any of that ridiculous crap you seem to think is so good. I understand that taste is subjective, but if you can stomach all that crap you like, then I don't understand how you can watch something that is truley AWESOME and find it to be overrated. I mean... c'mon... you're a grown man who gets a boner over STAR WARS and LOTR. You would think something with substance, like ANYTHING by Kevin Smith, would be considered good.

You're right, I should be more of a grown man with my tastes. sad.gif

*runs off to immerse himself in the brilliant and genius adult world of highbrow comic book culture* yes.gif

suck it, buttboy! moon.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by rushgoober

Necro, why are you insisting Goobs has to like this guy ? If he's not a fan, so be it. Personally, from what what i've seen of Kevin Smiths movies, the label "genious" would not be my impression. I honestly have not seen many of his films, including "Dogma" but from what i have seen, he does nothing for me. confused13.gif

Goober, my advise to you is, stop tapping on the glass, can't you read the sign ?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 4 2007, 01:36 PM)
Necro, why are you insisting Goobs has to like this guy ? If he's not a fan, so be it. Personally, from what what i've seen of Kevin Smiths movies, the label "genious" would not be my impression. I honestly have not seen many of his films, including "Dogma" but from what i have seen, he does nothing for me. confused13.gif

Goober, my advise to you is, stop tapping on the glass, can't you read the sign ?

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I don't care if he doesn't like the guy or not. It's just that when he makes his comments about others liking the guy, he always makes it sound like he's so better and above everyone else. I find that amusing seeing that he likes such drivel as Star Wars and LOTR. That's all I'm saying. It kind of gets old hearing someone constantly rag on everyone else's stuff, yet not have the balls to stand and fight about HIS favorites when you call him on it.

I've always thought the idea of a message board was to discuss your opinions, even if they are totally opposite of each others. I can't stand the way some people feel it's FINE to bag on other's shit, when they can't stand it if you bag on theirs.

That and as we've discussed... since he hates to be a part of anything we do anymore, again... like he's so ABOVE us all... i like to rag on him. Even if I didn't like Kevin Smith, this would have been a good time to do so.

But since all he's got is the ridiculous SUCK IT comeback... i guess i'll have to understand that unless I lower myself to act like a teenager around here, i just can't expect Goober, our old friend, to interact with me. no.gif

Shame. He used to be fun.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2007, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Aug 4 2007, 01:31 PM)
There's that phrase "suck it" again (it making rounds on the political forum)..  smile.gif  smile.gif

Yeah, but the thing of it here is... Goober would be thrilled if I really WOULD "suck it" for him. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

DANTE

You hate people.

RANDAL

But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?