Harry Potter VII: The Official Thread

PuppetKing2112

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jul 21 2007, 07:51 PM)
I read it in under four hours. I now have a headache.

I won't post spoilers, but I liked it, and I was impressed by the way the character arcs were resolved.

That is impressive. We only bought one book this time around. So I have to wait for Owlswing to finish, cause I'm a gentleman like that. Plus she reads a million times faster than I do. biggrin.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paganoman and Owlswing have to work together to get Necro to read the book. Necro needs to do penance for dogging on Harry in another thread yesterday by working up a 3-5 page book report, double spaced New Times Roman #12. I will then administer an oral examination based upon the ramifications of the final battle between good and evil upon the everyday lives of the Working Man. Comparisons to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are expected to support his answers. STUDY HARD!!!

I'll be bringing my red pen to MSG!!!

z7shysterical.gif (sorry, couldn't resist)

Tortoise and I were at Barnes & Noble last night with the boys in line until 1:30am this morning. It was a huge party. . . found my boss in the crowd with several other teachers. My nephew had the book read by 9:00am because he never went to bed. He always wins the family competition!

The book is great. Loved the final battle scenes. I also loved the way she ended the book . . . (without giving away too much) I think we've been set up for a whole new generation of books.

Fun!!! biggrin.gif

Hare

We went to a HP party at our local Books-A-Million...Kerry had fun with the activities, and I got in line with my voucher at 11:15. I had my book in my hand at 12:04, was home reading by 12:45, and in between being mom and doing laundry and visiting my parents....I just finished it 20 minutes ago.

Wow.

I'm still digesting. I have lots to say, but I need time to think.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2007, 06:01 AM)
We went to a HP party at our local Books-A-Million...Kerry had fun with the activities, and I got in line with my voucher at 11:15. I had my book in my hand at 12:04, was home reading by 12:45, and in between being mom and doing laundry and visiting my parents....I just finished it 20 minutes ago.

Wow.

Finished it last night. We'll discuss it later.

Excellent.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jul 22 2007, 05:01 AM)
We went to a HP party at our local Books-A-Million...Kerry had fun with the activities, and I got in line with my voucher at 11:15.  I had my book in my hand at 12:04, was home reading by 12:45, and in between being mom and doing laundry and visiting my parents....I just finished it 20 minutes ago.

Wow.

Excellent.

Do we HAVE an official discussion thread yet? I know we need one for people who don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't finished.

I'm DYING to discuss!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2007, 11:27 AM)
We went to a HP party at our local Books-A-Million...Kerry had fun with the activities, and I got in line with my voucher at 11:15.  I had my book in my hand at 12:04, was home reading by 12:45, and in between being mom and doing laundry and visiting my parents....I just finished it 20 minutes ago.

Wow.

Excellent.

Do we HAVE an official discussion thread yet? I know we need one for people who don't want to spoil it for everyone who hasn't finished.

I'm DYING to discuss!!!

Well, heck! Start one! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2007, 05:01 AM)

Wow.

It's amazing, isn't it? wink.gif I finished it this morning after getting it through amazon yesterday morning! We somehow eneded up with 2 copies instead of one tongue.gif I have to say it was a thrilling read!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2007, 10:53 AM)

Wow.

Excellent.

I'm DYING to discuss!!!

I believe I will! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2007, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2007, 10:53 AM)

Wow.

Excellent.

I'm DYING to discuss!!!

I believe I will! biggrin.gif

I've got a great idea for a title: 'Harry Potter and the Thread of Spoilers'!

(Crickets chirping.)

blah.gif Hello? (Tap-tap-tap.) Is this thing on? comp26.gif laugh.gif blah.gif

laugh.gif

Sorry, Jack, I went with a more traditional title.

tongue.gif

I started reading at about 4:45 (right after work)

read for a bit

walked the dog (5:00)

prepared dinner and went back to reading (5:10)

read some more

walked the dog again (10:00 pm)

finished reading (12:30)

a great night smile.gif