Why they played this song?

ReflectedLight

Summertime Blues?

It must be enjoyable to play for them, but I really wish they would have not played Summertime Blues. In it's place play either Jacob's Ladder which is long overdue, In the End, or Farewell to Kings.

I thought they were really gonna bust out one of these 3.

***Bit of a spoiler... but you guys should all know that by now***

Yeah, I think I speak for most of this forum when I say Summertime Blues was the worst choice on the setlist... but as far as Jacob's Ladder goes, they played four other songs from PeW (including Natural f***ing Science!)... so I wasn't concerned with the lack of JL.

I was actually a bit disappointed when I saw that on the set list...but they really did a great job rocking it out. Much better than the original, the one on Feedback, or the R30 one IMO.

QUOTE (mfratt @ Jul 3 2007, 04:07 PM)
I was actually a bit disappointed when I saw that on the set list...but they really did a great job rocking it out. Much better than the original, the one on Feedback, or the R30 one IMO.

but why play it again on this tour? I'll bet 90% of the people would much rather here another Rush tune from the archives than a Who remake.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 3 2007, 04:27 PM)

but why play it again on this tour? I'll bet 90% of the people would much rather here another Rush tune from the archives than a Who remake.

Wasn't it Cream?

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 3 2007, 03:27 PM)

It wasn't the Who (although I'd much prefer the Seeker by the Who track from Feedback).

The Who did a cover of Summertime Blues and it is on their Live at Leeds album. The song was originally written by Eddie Cochrane.

Actually, Summertime Blues was credited to Blue Cheer on Feedback(released 1968). The Who's version wasn't until 1970's Live At Leeds.

The original was by Eddie Cochran, released 1958

It's actually a Blue Cheer cover, who covered the original Eddie Cochrane version. If that makes any sense.

I personally think that in they should have done this...

Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

Medelly

I. 2112 Overture

II. 2112 Temples of Syrinx

III. Closer to the Heart

IV. Working Man

... But I'd live with Summertime Blues.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 3 2007, 03:48 PM)
Summertime Blues?
It must be enjoyable to play for them, but I really wish they would have not played Summertime Blues. In it's place play either Jacob's Ladder which is long overdue, In the End, or Farewell to Kings.
I thought they were really gonna bust out one of these 3.

because they can!!! yes.gif

i thought it was awsome and they seemed to enjoy playing it. 2.gif

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Jul 3 2007, 05:33 PM)
I'm hoping by the September shows in Toronto its dropped completely, its not summer in september anyway...

I'm seeing Rush in AZ at the end of the month but I doubt they will eliminate or make any changes to the setlist.

Time is a big factor in song selection and there is no way they could have subbed JL for SB. They would need to select a shorter sub or cut another song.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 3 2007, 07:10 PM)
Time is a big factor in song selection and there is no way they could have subbed JL for SB. They would need to select a shorter sub or cut another song.

In the End would have been the perfect substitute for Summertime Blues.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 3 2007, 04:27 PM)
. [/quote]

oh hell yeah 1022.gif i think that song blows.............

They can play whatever they want and they must enjoy playing Summertime Blues, but I couldn't wait for the song to end.

It was nice to hear and blended nicely at R30, but bring back

"In the End" instead. It's not a long song, but a goodie, and I think would have been electrifying.

I loved it and really folks, if the boys wanted to play any of those songs they would've taken something else out. Face it they don't want to play Jacob's Ladder, In the End, or Closer to the Heart anymore. Personnaly at my show they did a great job with it, but I still think "The Seeker" would've been a better choice for a cover

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jul 4 2007, 01:07 PM)
I loved it and really folks, if the boys wanted to play any of those songs they would've taken something else out. Face it they don't want to play Jacob's Ladder, In the End, or Closer to the Heart anymore. Personnaly at my show they did a great job with it, but I still think "The Seeker" would've been a better choice for a cover

I might be wrong but they haven't played Jacob's Ladder since MP tour.

In the End, I can't remember when they ever played it.

I guess they just don't enjoy playing them anymore or don't get

wound up over playing them.

QUOTE (chilangoenelgabo @ Jul 26 2007, 03:38 PM)
I'm hoping by the September shows in Toronto its dropped completely, its not summer in september anyway...

I don't think they change anything throughout the tour, but one can hope.

JHL

Its already been alternating with Distant Early Warning.

QUOTE (pt2112 @ Jul 26 2007, 12:42 PM)
QUOTE (chilangoenelgabo @ Jul 26 2007, 03:38 PM)

I don't think they change anything throughout the tour, but one can hope.

JHL

Its already been alternating with Distant Early Warning.

yeah at the Bowl it was DEW and at Irvine it was Summertime Blues.

summertime blues ....SUCKS. i dont care who plays it. it .SUCKS comp26.gif

Archived