Why they played this song?

ReflectedLight

I don't see why everyone is bitching about "Summertime Blues." I was hoping for at least one from Feedback, and it just happened to be my favorite from it.

Rush aren't the type of band to just drop songs from the set that were a significant part of their last tour. This has always been the case, for every single tour they've ever done. For the CP tour, they still performed "Dreamline", "Roll The Bones" and "Bravado"...For T4E they still performed "Animate", "Nobody's Hero" and "Leave That Thing Alone!"...for VT they still had "Driven" and "Resist"...for R30 they had "One Little Victory", "Secret Touch" and "Earthshine."

Learn to be more appreciative of the songs they play. Sure, I didn't get my wish for "The Camera Eye" or all of Fear, but I was still completely satisfied...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 26 2007, 04:50 PM)
summertime blues ....SUCKS. i dont care who plays it. it .SUCKS comp26.gif

It doesn't suck. no.gif It just sucks when Rush plays it on tour when they have such a HUGE catalog of their own to choose from.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 3 2007, 03:48 PM)
Summertime Blues?
It must be enjoyable to play for them, but I really wish they would have not played Summertime Blues. In it's place play either Jacob's Ladder which is long overdue, In the End, or Farewell to Kings.
I thought they were really gonna bust out one of these 3.

Maybe they just like the song? confused13.gif

And they have been alternating it for quite some time now.

Calgary : SB

Portland: DEW

Seattle: SB

Hollywood DEW

Irvine: SB

Oh good, it looks as though I'll be hearing DEW in Concord if they are switching every day. biggrin.gif

I'm not crazy about STB. schla03.gif

Archived