Favorite Beer Company

Okay, favorite beers are one thing, but what is the beer making company that you rate as the best consistent quality beer maker across the board through a variety of different specific types of beer?

I have to say that, imo and experience (to date so far anyway), it is the "Dogfish Head" brewery out of Delaware. Every one of their beer types is in the "very good" to "excellent" range, imo. I have never tried a "Dogfish Head" beer that I was disappointed in. It's all very good to excellent.

And I do not give this personal award lightly, because there are quite a few very good beer companies out there that I think quite highly of.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jun 25 2007, 10:36 PM)
Okay, favorite beers are one thing, but what is the beer making company that you rate as the best consistent quality beer maker across the board through a variety of different specific types of beer?

I have to say that, imo and experience (to date so far anyway), it is the "Dogfish Head" brewery out of Delaware. Every one of their beer types is in the "very good" to "excellent" range, imo. I have never tried a "Dogfish Head" beer that I was disappointed in. It's all very good to excellent.

And I do not give this personal award lightly, because there are quite a few very good beer companies out there that I think quite highly of.

Dude or Dudette, you shouldn't drink at all!

It's unbecoming of you wink.gif

Myself, I choose my MooseHead or Brooklyn Ale...

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Jun 25 2007, 09:36 PM)

Dogfish Head very well could be the best at present time for product widely distributed. Very high quality and very original.

Have you tried their beer with the beet sugar and green raisins yet?

Other good breweries:

Rogue

Deschutes

Left Hand- try their Juju Ginger!

Pyramid

As DPR can attest to their are many superior breweries in the Asheville area that while do not distribute widely are every bit as good the bigger breweries listed above.

I beleive it was Humboldt Brewery that was making Red and Gold Nectar beers. I have not seen that product in years. Used to love that stuff.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jun 26 2007, 08:06 PM)
http://www.levenshulme.com/YGG/boddies.gif

Ricky mate don't do it to yourself.

Boddingtons, BODDINGTONS? The cream of Manchester, my arse?

Get a few of these down ya hiary throat

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2796/fullers1845kn2.jpg

From the Fullers Brewery started in 1654

Followed by a few of these

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5403/toothxv0.jpg

And finish off with a few bishops fingers, from shepherds neame brewery founded in 1698

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8448/51466553dx2.jpg

Or ave a cup o tea

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7823/teacroppedsmallcopyce8.jpg

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast wink.gif

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Aug 17 2007, 05:22 PM)
My friends at Sierra Nevada in Chico, CA have been getting quite a bit of my business lately.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa122/Perchance/SierraNevada.jpg

trink39.gif

Welcome Perchance (Alex)!!!

I'm a huge SN drinker. trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Edited by Midway Hawker

Great Lakes out of Cleveland

Sam Adams those two my staples for variety and consistency in flavor.

Also just as important availability can find them just about any where. trink38.gif

In Chicago, Goose Island has made some fantastic different brews.

Honkers Ale is quite popular. I also like their Hex Nut Brown Ale.

This is what I like to chug about 90 percent of the time.

To top it off I'm not one of those people that will buy a case of rotten tasting beer to save $2 - but this brand is actually about $10 a case cheaper that the competition up here and it's DELICIOUS.

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/images/brand/0598_l.jpg

http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/branddetails.asp?id=0598

Oh and I can't wait to have one. Sixty four minutes seventeen seconds til my weekend starts.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

New Belgium (Local for me)

Odell (Local again...)

Sierra Nevada

Deschutes

Rogue

Anchor Steam

and when I feel like "slumming" it is usually something from the MolsonCoors (more recently Molson Canadian).

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 23 2007, 11:43 AM)
In Chicago, Goose Island has made some fantastic different brews.

Honkers Ale is quite popular. I also like their Hex Nut Brown Ale.

It's sold here as well, excellent!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Haven't been able to find there Christmas ale the last few winters. sad.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 25 2007, 08:54 PM)
Rogue and Samuel Smith are my two mainstays. Maybe one day Stone will make its way to Florida sad.gif I'll add a Dogfish or something once in a while.

Here in South Carolina, I have yet to encounter my first Stone as well. Apparently, it just isn't available in the Southeast.

Which of course adds to the mystique of it. Chances are, when I do get to sample it, I will think the hype was overblown. But . . that day has yet to happen.

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 26 2007, 01:21 AM)
Rogue and Samuel Smith are my two mainstays. Maybe one day Stone will make its way to Florida  sad.gif  I'll add a Dogfish or something once in a while.

Here in South Carolina, I have yet to encounter my first Stone as well. Apparently, it just isn't available in the Southeast.

Which of course adds to the mystique of it. Chances are, when I do get to sample it, I will think the hype was overblown. But . . that day has yet to happen.

I've tried a lot of IPAs over the years, and Stone's is in my top 3. Same with their pale ale. Arrogant Bastard is a great strong ale if you're in the mood to have your ass kicked (both in flavor and alcohol content). tongue.gif I haven't tried their stouts or porters yet, but they get great reviews.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Aug 26 2007, 07:22 AM)
QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ Aug 26 2007, 01:21 AM)
Rogue and Samuel Smith are my two mainstays. Maybe one day Stone will make its way to Florida  sad.gif  I'll add a Dogfish or something once in a while.

I've tried a lot of IPAs over the years, and Stone's is in my top 3. Same with their pale ale. Arrogant Bastard is a great strong ale if you're in the mood to have your ass kicked (both in flavor and alcohol content). tongue.gif I haven't tried their stouts or porters yet, but they get great reviews.

I had some Stone IPA out in CO. It was excellent.

I have read that Stone has a new brewmaster?

I wonder where the old one went to?

DPR, you must check out some Pisgah Brewery products next time you are in Ashevegas. Barleys typically has a good selection of their products.