***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

SPOILER PADDING

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

Just got back to my hotel after a VERY amazing day... but the story of the trip here is for a different thread. This thread is simply to inform everybody of tonights final rehearsal setlist.

We were NOT allowed onto the grounds of HiFi Buys Amphitheatre... .but we were told to stand across the street, which we did for a while before we found a location with better sound (and less traffic passing by!)

So... for those that want to know... here is what they played tonight!!!

Limelight

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Mission

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

The Larger Bowl

Secret Touch

Circumstances

Between The Wheels

Dreamline

(unidentified song... there was a long silence after Dreamline so we went to find a restoom and refreshments, upon leaving the gas station we could hear SOMETHING, but couldnt make it out before it was over)

INTERMISSION

Video Intro (unable to see it... but was about 2-3 minutes long)

Far Cry

Workin Them Angels

Armor and Sword

Spindrift

The Way The Wind Blows

Subdivisions

Natural Science

Witch Hunt

MalNar

Drum Solo

Hope

Summertime Blues (ugh!)

The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

ENCORE

One Little Victory

A Passage to Bangkok

YYZ

Thats all folks!!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oooo i couldnt "resist", anyway, very happy to hear they kept tom sawyer and spirit of the radio, my 2 favorite. anyone else surprised about how much of the new album their playing? meh, i guess ill have to wait till next time to hear closer to the heart and time stand still but im very curious what that unidentified song might be.

wow.. how confident are you guys that this will translate into the songs they play throughout the tour?? It sounds sort of realistic just based on the fact that the emphasis is on S@A, obviously... Just looking for some opinions before the tour actually kicks off. Thanks!!

Pete

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 12 2007, 11:40 PM)
And *if* this is the setlist, may we all bid a VERY FOND farewell to our old, old friend Overture/Temples of Syrinx.  I still find it hard to believe that went bye bye, even though its been played for years...

I was actually thinking they might not play 2112 this time around. Seems like maybe they were getting bored with 2112 on R30, with all the pirate stuff. 1287.gif

If this is real, I'm very surprised to see Circumstances. unsure.gif Isn't that one of the single most difficult songs for Ged to sing? I hope it won't get dropped somewhere along the tour. sad.gif

QUOTE (rushrulz @ Jun 12 2007, 09:04 PM)
wow.. how confident are you guys that this will translate into the songs they play throughout the tour??

They kept the EXACT same setlist for all fifty-something R30 shows.

I was going to wait and not look, but I just couldn't. I mostly really like this setlist...I like a lot of the unplayed songs they're doing. Just based on the "partial" setlist that leaked on RIAB a few days ago...could the unidentified, long song be Natural Science?

I'm totally happy they dropped 2112, La Villa, By-Tor, and Roll the Bones, a bit disappointed that they aren't doing any new VT songs, thrilled with their selections from the new album, and absolutely appalled that they would play something from Feedback again.

July 21 couldn't come soon enough.

EDIT: I didn't see Natural Science in the second set. Ummm, maybe it's Xanadu?

WOW!!!

This is way cool and thanks lerxt1990 for the recon mission...overall I am very pleased and look at it this way...there are at least 13 songs I have never seen performed live...Of course all the S&A material + Digital Man, Entre Nous, Circumstances and all of Bangkok ohmy.gif

My first tour was p/g and I am glad they are keeping BTW...it is incredible live!

IMO not too many drink/bathroom breaks in the 2nd half - other than maybe STB

If I had to whine then I could do w/o The Larger Bowl, Secret Touch and STB...but then again they finally dropped RTB...thank GOD!!

No songs from T4E or Presto...then again with their catalogue something has to be left out...I give this set list a letter grade A 1022.gif

If this does turn out to be the setlist, I'll be very pleased. Circumstances, Entre Nous, the full Bangkok, plus all the new tracks!

1022.gif

And no RTB! Proof of the power of prayer.

trink39.gif

On the down side, a big wtf.gif if Summertime Blues makes the set.

The most amazing setlist ever, plays some of the greatest songs by Rush. Entre Nous, Bangkok which is the song that got me hooked on Rush in the first place, Circumstances, Digital man, plus all of the original favorites. Im prolly going to cry this concert will be so amazing.

Believe it or not, the only song that really gets my attention is Digital Man.

Don't get me wrong, its a great list, and I am very happy about all the new material they will play (which leads me to believe that this is not "it" for them) but if there was a song that I wanted to hear live more than anything else that was not Hemispheres, Faountain of Lamneth, or Cygnus X-1, it would be Digital Man.

Its a great song that is often over looked, and certianly neglected by Rush until now. If only they had included Red Lenses, too...Oh Man!!

653.gif

common001.gif

trink39.gif

Chris

Maybe the unknown song is 2112/Temples. It would certainly make this the most amazing setlist in a while if it was. I probably won't get to see a show, but I'd be disappointed if there was nothing from 2112 when I get to see the DVD, if there is one. smile.gif

As for the rest - it's amazing indeed. (If you ignore SB!)

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 13 2007, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Showdonttell25 @ Jun 12 2007, 09:46 PM)
i hope ghost of a chance or 2112 is that last song on the first set

I'd much rather hear Ghost out of those two.

same here....but someone else stop by for a listen and didnt hear what it was after dreamline as well...maybe it was a video or somthing...hmm

I cannot believe they'd end the first set with a mediocre song such as Ghost of a Chance. It has to be either 2112, Xanadu, La Villa, or maybe even Jacobs Ladder?

Bah, I'd rather hear RTB than Summertime Blues. I'm guessing the main monkey business is taking la villa's place this tour. What blasphemy.

This seems like an incredible setlist if indeed it does turn out to be the one. I don't think that I will get to see the boys again this time but I think that DIGITAL MAN and WITCH HUNT would be amazing live. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 13 2007, 04:18 AM)
(unidentified song... there was a long silence after Dreamline so we went to find a restoom and refreshments, upon leaving the gas station we could hear SOMETHING, but couldnt make it out before it was over)

Something? For Nothing, I hope! wub.gif laugh.gif

Archived