my hero

daveyt

Sure, he looked a bit silly air-drumming on video earlier, but he is KILLING it here on the real set! He's no joke, y'all. And, yes, he needs to be a TRFer!

EDIT: I'm referring to his performance on "TMMB."

So far on "Armor and Sword" he's a good bit off in places.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 28 2007, 01:11 AM)
Pay attention to him around the 1:02 mark.....

laugh.gif

Every drummer needs a little choreography.

He's really good at the playing part, though.

I'm a drummer.

He's probably okay, but a big part of playing music is how it sounds. His videos don't have any audio coming from his kit.

QUOTE (thebernreuter @ May 28 2007, 10:18 AM)
I'm a drummer.

He's probably okay, but a big part of playing music is how it sounds. His videos don't have any audio coming from his kit.

Indeed, I'm a drummer also.

He needs to mic the drums better so you can actually hear his kit. The song over powers any volume. Also, from the looks of it, the video looks like it was shot from a webcam and then he just placed the song over the video as a few of the parts are slightly off.

And lastely, this song is not very difficult to play. Still, a nice effort.

Er, yeah, you can easily look like you're playing the part. It's actually playing the part (with sound) that's hard. And he doesn't really look like he's even playing the part sometimes. It doesn't help that the video wasn't completely synced to the track and wasn't at full framerate. You can easily see though that he's hitting the wrong drums/cymbals half the time. Give me audio of him playing w/ the track, and then I'll form an opinion. But from what I can judge, he doesn't look that amazing.

QUOTE (xx2112xx @ May 28 2007, 01:41 PM)
And lastely, this song is not very difficult to play. Still, a nice effort.

A Rush song that's "not very difficult to play" on drums.......never thought I would hear that.......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 28 2007, 03:37 PM)
And lastely, this song is not very difficult to play.  Still, a nice effort.

A Rush song that's "not very difficult to play" on drums.......never thought I would hear that.......

How about Rivendell?

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ May 28 2007, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 28 2007, 03:37 PM)

How about Rivendell?

How about it.....

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 28 2007, 02:37 PM)

Par for the course the last couple albums. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 28 2007, 06:23 PM)

Yeah....for me there isn't much on S&A to identify that Neil Peart "The Professor" is playing drums......a few spots, but not many.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 28 2007, 06:27 PM)
QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ May 28 2007, 06:23 PM)

Yeah....for me there isn't much on S&A to identify that Neil Peart "The Professor" is playing drums......a few spots, but not many.

Yea, but its still great drumming Neil really shines on MalNar but not many other places. Ditto for Geddy as well.

Nah...you guys are not accurate about this guy being fair or ok...

I've been playing for years...25 or so...this guy is a natural. Spot on figuring out Neil Peart. Simple songs or complex, I've never seen this guy miss a beat and the Armor and Sword cut here the video is off with the music so sure he's missing everything but it's obvious to me he's not missing a beat if you study it.

This guy is awesome. Every other song I've seen him drum or air drum is spot on and sure the music is not heard from his kit but put him on Neil's kit and he is spot on. Neil could go grab a glass of Macallan and relax for a while and this guy could fill in for him rather nicely I'd say from what I see here!

rofl3.gif

As a side note, Neil was just beaten by CHAD SMITH! for best rock drummer in Modern Drummer. Chad is only a little bit better than Don Henley for crying out loud. When you decide to play the same thing everyone else plays on your albums, this kind of thing happens. Its just obscene. sad.gif angry.gif

Archived