What other bands/music do you like?

Chasartymac

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Aug 30 2004, 04:28 PM)
What if the band you like has only released one CD?

Then they are cult.!!!

Or a new band, maybe. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (the_necromancer @ Aug 31 2004, 05:30 PM)
joe satraini bekloppt.gif

Oh yeah, I have a coupleof Satch albums. Surfing with the Alien and Not of this Earth.

He blew me away when I first heard it. You know he used to teach Steve Vai?

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (the_necromancer @ Aug 30 2004, 10:02 AM)
judias priest
the darkness
kindom come
scorpions
foo fighters
ac/dc
alicen chians
alcie copper
areosmith
black sabbath
candlebox
creed
cream
danzig
deep purple
def lappord
dokken
dream theater
foghat
iron madian
jimi hendrix
kings x
krokus
led zeppelin
metellica
motorhead
ozzy
pantera
pink floyd
robert plant
sastone rose
temple of the dog
sammy hagar
the door
the cars
ufo
van halen
white snake
great white

zebra
zz top NP.gif
and one more band called rush

What he said! and including Postal Service, Death Cab For Cutie, Anthrax, Streetheart, Matthew Good, Linkin Park, FM, Geddy Lee, Coheed and Cambria, Supertramp, Sparta, Trooper, At-the Drive In, Journey, The police....hmm thats good I think lol

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Aug 30 2004, 10:53 AM)
Besides Rush

Janes Addiction
Bauhaus
Phish
Primus
Zep
Pink Floyd
The Weakerthans
Division Of Laura Lee
The Cramps
Slayer
Slipknot
Alison Krauss
Ella Fitzgerald
Slipknot
Pantera
Hatebreed
The Distillers
Dead Kennedys
DRI
GBH
The Exploited
Weezer
Alkaline Trio
And ALOT of other bands. I like some techno but not alot like 4 Strings, ABK, Oakenfold, Benny Benassi and a lil more. Basically I can listen and enjoy almost all music expect most rap and then there are even a couple of old rap bands that I like.

THE WEAKERTHANS! ohmy.gif how could I forget omg! they are sooooo RAD! hey Pixey did you go to their concert? I like your kind of music as well! good taste!

RUSH, of course..

Then big drop off:

Marillion

then another big drop off:

Iron Maiden

Metallica (prefer the 80's stuff)

Then another drop off to the rest of them which include:

Joe Satraini

Eric Johnson

Dream Theater

King's X

Primus

Tears for Fears

And to some extent:

Queensryche

The Cult (up to Sonic Temple)

Judas Priest

Def Leppard (up to Hysteria)

Yes

U2 (from the 80's)

G&R

The Mission UK (up to Carved in Sand)

Jane's Addiction (early)

Metal Church

KISS (from the 70's)

And just about any 80's hair band at one time or another, amongst many others i'm sure that I am forgetting. doh.gif

2.gif

In Neil's new book, Traveling Music, he talks about how much he likes (now deceased) Jeff Buckley. Well, the Professor has my respect so I checked out Mr. Buckely's CD "Grace". It is excellent. Anyone else like this cd?

Love Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Rush, Orgy, Rush, Rammstien, Rush, Depeche Mode, Rush, Duran Duran, Rush, techno, Rush, country, Rush, and christian contemporary. Did I mention that I loved Rush too???

Love the heavy, but funky stuff, industrial too... Too many to really mention, but have the most important ones here!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 2 2004, 09:27 PM)
Love Rush, Nine Inch Nails, Rush, Orgy, Rush, Rammstien, Rush, Depeche Mode, Rush, Duran Duran, Rush, techno, Rush, country, Rush, and christian contemporary. Did I mention that I loved Rush too???

Love the heavy, but funky stuff, industrial too... Too many to really mention, but have the most important ones here!! biggrin.gif

A few nice selections there. I dont listen to much industrial or techno, but I make a few exceptions.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 31 2004, 05:55 PM)
In Neil's new book, Traveling Music, he talks about how much he likes (now deceased) Jeff Buckley. Well, the Professor has my respect so I checked out Mr. Buckely's CD "Grace". It is excellent. Anyone else like this cd?

I love Jeff Buckley -- his version of Hallelujah is amazing !

If you like Jeff, try Damien Rice or Connor Oberst (Bright Eyes)

QUOTE (D-13 @ Aug 31 2004, 12:58 PM)

THE WEAKERTHANS! ohmy.gif how could I forget omg! they are sooooo RAD! hey Pixey did you go to their concert? I like your kind of music as well! good taste!

No sad.gif They never come near us! I live way down in Sw Missouri so they havent made their way down here yet. Have you seen the video for Reasons yet? Its pretty cool, I watch it on Yahoo Launch. This band is soooo good,quality musicians!!

All you suckas have got to listen to Trooper! i'm sure you've all heard Raise a Little Hell, another great song is Boys in the Bright White Sports Car! I've memorized the lyrics to both of them. also, Mr. T. had a bit of a rap career, rapping about treating your mother right and such.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/pkemp45/zebra10-21-2006034.jpghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/pkemp45/zebra10-21-2006010.jpg

My Son Herman and I were invited to a zebra gig and here is a picture of the band and another picture of my son with Zebra lead singer and guiatarist Randy Jackson, know him well. Gig was on 10-21-2006

Wow, this thread is OLD.

I'm into a huge variety of things besides Rush. I don't feel like typing out a list of anything right now, but if you care, go into my profile and click "View All Member's Posts" and maybe I get more specific.

Archived