AMC Relay For Life

ladirushfan80

Great pics Amanda smile.gif

Cancer took our grandpa 15 years ago but the real sad thing is it has taken WAY too many people in the prime of their lives and even younger.

We have mades so much progress in fighting this horrible disease but there is so much more to be done. hopefully the day when we can successfully eradicate cancer comes soon so that less family members are so unfairly taken from us. yes.gif

Amanda... THANK YOU!!! rose.gif

And send a HUGE thanks to your wonderful girls

too. rose.gif rose.gif

Those Luminaras are great and have alot of meaning

and love in them. wub.gif Thanks again.

Cancer is a terrible thing to have to battle and

I hope and pray that we can find the cure before

we lose anyone else.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! And it was a pleasure to talk

to you a few times yesterday. wink.gif As always. kishug.gif

This is a beautiful thread Amanda. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you made a luminara for CeeJ. She battled that before I met her, and I thank God every day that she won that fight. She's been cancer free for thirteen years now. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

And believe me, waking from a nap to YOU on the phone is something I would never bitch about. Even if you were a tele-marketer. laugh.gif Well... as long as we could chat after you made your pitch and I said mean things to you cuz you're being a tele-marketer. tongue.gif

wub.gif

This brought tears to my eyes smile.gif What a great cause! I did some research and found out that there is one held in a city not too far from here. I'd love to get involved in such a wonderful event. smile.gif

Way to go, Amanda! You get more and more amazing with each day. wub.gif

You know Pags thanked you up there for both of us. I just needed to tell you how much it meant.

By thinking of what to put on that bag you help me to remember some of the wise words my mother in law gave to me in the short time I knew her.

Thinking of those has really made the past few days a bit better. So thanks ladi if it weren't for your thoughtfulness the words wouldn't have come to mind. wub.gif

ya'll are making me blush4.gif

thank you for all your kind words.

It was my pleasure to pay tribute and honor the survivors here on TRF, and to honor the memory of those who have passed.

This years Relay for Life JUST for Northville, MI, raised $82,258.00. In years past it was the Novi/Northville Relay, two neighboring towns combined.

What's awesome to see is that just by this thread alone, a few people have gone to see just what RFL is all about, and have considered checking out an event near them.

When i first got into this 7 years ago, the Novi/Northville one was the closest one around for many, many miles. today? not only it is in just about every city/town within the Metropolitan Detroit area, but it has now spread to events in 4,800 communities nationwide, In 2007, Relay For Life events will be held in more than 23 countries around the world.

yes.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 20 2007, 01:23 PM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/sports%20stuf/ACS%20Relay%20For%20Life%2007/DSC03653_edited-2.jpg

Amada! U jerkFace! lol

U got me cryin just readin & seein these pics! fists crying.gif

ok PMS might be helpin with the tears also but still!

thats f*ckin awsume what u did! im not sure if ron saw this thread but ill make sure he does!

& thanx for the link Kenny in Rons thread to bring me to this thread <3

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 22 2007, 11:22 AM)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/sports%20stuf/ACS%20Relay%20For%20Life%2007/DSC03653_edited-2.jpg

Amada! U jerkFace! lol

thats f*ckin awsume what u did! im not sure if ron saw this thread but ill make sure he does!

tears of joy, i hope....

wub.gif

you know donna, even tho i do Relay every year,

Indica had a lot to do with my decision to not only do this thread, but to honor him, and the other survivors that i know of on this board..

he was my inspiration yes.gif

and..... if there are other survivors that ya'll would like recognized, or people you would like honored in loving memory of next year, please let me know.

i know when i was on Tri net, there was a member there who was currently residing in PA, but she was originally from michigan. She asked me to do a Luminaria for her family member who had passed.

Next years Relay will probably be the 17th & 18th of May, 2008 ( i won't have a confirmation on that until early next year when kick off starts, usually february).

It would be an honor and a pleasure to do so.

Or, better yet, check out a RFL in your area, and do your part there.

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

**edited for spelling/typos before Geds could bust my ass**

It's amazing how many of us have/are battling this terrible disease.

I battled it, and I won. I was 30 at the time. It's a scary thing to go thru, and when there are people like you, Ladi, it makes it somehow easier...

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 22 2007, 11:50 AM)

Amada! U jerkFace! lol

tears of joy, i hope....

wub.gif

Indica had a lot to do with my decision to not only do this thread, but to honor him, and the other survivors that i know of on this board..

and..... if there are other survivors that ya'll would like recognized, or people you would like honored in loving memory of next year, please let me know.

i know when i was on Tri net, there was a member there who was currently residing in PA, but she was originally from michigan. She asked me to do a Luminaria for her family member who had passed.

Next years Relay will probably be the 17th & 18th of May, 2008 ( i won't have a confirmation on that until early next year when kick off starts, usually february).

Do u get to keep those Luminaria bags at the end of the day?

Just wonderin..

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 22 2007, 11:58 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ May 22 2007, 11:50 AM)

Amada! U jerkFace! lol

tears of joy, i hope....

wub.gif

Do u get to keep those Luminaria bags at the end of the day?

Just wonderin..

yes, to answer your question, you can keep it after the ceremony is over, if you'd like. I had actually thought of keeping the ones i made for the people here i made them for, unfortunately, after the fact. after they had been sitting out all night, they were dampened by the morning dew, and they broke immediately from the weight of the sand in the bottom, and all the ink was running from them being wet as well.... sad.gif

you can get them anytime before the event from a team that is participating in the RFL, or on the day of the actual event, you can get them. Pretty much all the teams have them available for purchase.

they are just plain white paper bags. you can either have someone from a team decorate them, or you can do it yourself. They are $10.00 each, and all that money, goes to the ACS.

I was passing through a small town in northern Ohio today and saw this banner and thought of you LRF - snapped a quick photo with my cell phone trink38.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/photo000.jpg

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ May 23 2007, 07:12 PM)
I was passing through a small town in northern Ohio today and saw this banner and thought of you LRF - snapped a quick photo with my cell phone trink38.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/RushRevisited/photo000.jpg

ohmy.gif Your cell takes great pictures!

I found a few here and I am waiting for a call

from one of the groups. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks again Ladi... This is a great idea to support

a great cause.

kishug.gif

ohmy.gif

that's what i was thinking Sunny!!

RR, your cell phone takes AWESOME pictures!!

that's awesome to see too!

so, you gonna go check it out, maybe?

blonde, i know that canada does RFL... my daughter jessica, (altho in Toronto) has seen Relay going on up there...

i'm really glad to hear you followed up on that CeeJ!!! looking forward to hearing about what happens next!!

BUT, keep in mind people, if it's not happening in your hood...

you could always MAKE it happen....'eh?

Archived