Your next Concerts?

Phoenix

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jul 28 2005, 01:29 PM)
YES!

Just scored 8th row, center section tickets to the Download Music Festival. There will be a number of bands there I have missed out on seeing this year including The Killers, Modest Mouse, and The Arcade Fire. All 3 of these bands I have really been wanting to see live for a while. The only problem is.... ITS THE EXACT SAME DAY AS THE SYSTEM OF A DOWN/MARS VOLTA SHOW!?! What am I to do, go to the floor of the SOAD/MV show where I can bounce around and get thrashed (plus in my books), or see a lot of bands probably just as close that I missed..... ohhhh...

To help me decide, I'm gonna go see Nine Black Alps tonight at popscene.

I just got back from the System concert, you wont want to miss that one. If you are going to be on the floor be careful down there, it was one of the roughest floors I've ever seen. The sound was excellent though, plus they put on a great show. 1022.gif

Heh, already traded my two SOAD tickets for 2 GA NIN tickets. I decided to go for the Download show since there will be 6 bands, all of which I have never seen and a couple that I have been dying to see for a while now. It is kinda a bummer though, I really did wanna see Mars Volta again, and I have heard nothing but rave reviews for SOAD's live show... but in the end there were just too many good names on the other show to miss. Glad you had fun though 1022.gif Edited by Moonraker

I've never been all that big on DJ's and just pure club/dance music, but there are a few names that are really peaking my interest of bands there. Just so you know, if you miss LCD Soundsystem, you will be missing THE best show of the year. I saw them at the Fillmore in May without having heard anything by them before, and I cant even begin to tell you how incredible that show was walking out of the place. I might even put it ahead of the Nine Inch Nails concerts I've been to (possible exception for the Davis show) as the best show I've seen all year.

Just saw Motley Crue last night at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. Had the tix given to me for free (my brother in law couldn't go).

As much as I don't mind them (I don't turn the radio off when they come on), I normally wouldn't have bothered going, and I definitely wouldn't have bought tix.

But, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself. I think there was only 3, maybe 4 songs that I didn't know. Which surprised me in itself that I was that familiar with their stuff.

Along with that, the heavy metal chicks in their short leather skirts and push up bras were out in full force - another bonus for us guys!!

QUOTE (Mr_Crunch @ Aug 24 2005, 03:39 PM)
Just saw Motley Crue last night at Molson Amphitheatre in Toronto. Had the tix given to me for free (my brother in law couldn't go).

As much as I don't mind them (I don't turn the radio off when they come on), I normally wouldn't have bothered going, and I definitely wouldn't have bought tix.

But, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed myself. I think there was only 3, maybe 4 songs that I didn't know. Which surprised me in itself that I was that familiar with their stuff.

Along with that, the heavy metal chicks in their short leather skirts and push up bras were out in full force - another bonus for us guys!!

That's how I felt when I saw KISS for free a couple years ago. I would have never bought KISS tickets but since I got them free I went. I had a good time and was even singing some of their songs I heard a million times. I knew every song they played because they played all old stuff, and I've never been a Kiss fan. I had a way better time than sitting at home watching reruns of That 70's show or something like that. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Aug 24 2005, 03:54 AM)
Heh, already traded my two SOAD tickets for 2 GA NIN tickets. I decided to go for the Download show since there will be 6 bands, all of which I have never seen and a couple that I have been dying to see for a while now. It is kinda a bummer though, I really did wanna see Mars Volta again, and I have heard nothing but rave reviews for SOAD's live show... but in the end there were just too many good names on the other show to miss. Glad you had fun though 1022.gif

I didn't know what to think of Mars Volta, I never heard any of their songs but it seemed like they played 20 minute songs, they went on and on and on. The bass player stood and faced the drummer the whole show, and the singer and guitar player stood on the sides of the stage facing each other the whole time. Very different. The guitar had heavy delay on it so it was going everywhere, every song sounded like Jimmy Page's bow solo or Alex crazy wha wha part in "By tor" the whole show!!!

I did hear one song that sounded like they all were playing the same song at the same time and that was something like "never sleep alone" or something like that. But I have to say it wasn't really boring or anything, just different. I would have to hear more from them to decide if I liked them or not.

I've seen NIN before, they are pretty good live too as far as putting on a show. Trents band played for David Bowie also that night. Pretty cool.

Moon: Kraftwerk + Arcade Fire + Fatboy Slim + a ton other bands = 1022.gif

Enjoy yourself!

More than likely my next concert will be System of a Down again since I just saw them and it was one of the best concerts I've seen in the last 5-10 years.

If not System, I will be seeing U2 at Madison Square Garden just to see a great band at a great venue.

Other than that I don't really have any bands in mind that I would go see. But I do know the Foo Fighters are coming so I might take Donna to see them since she's been talking about them for the last couple months since the new CD came out.

Nightwish - September 30th, Bucharest Romania.

I Wish...

Anybody want to make a donation to the "send kazz to Europe charity"?

Edited by kazzman

QUOTE (Indica @ Aug 28 2005, 09:53 PM)
But I do know the Foo Fighters are coming so I might take Donna to see them since she's been talking about them for the last couple months since the new CD came out.

applaudit.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif

heart.gif ya Hun wub.gif

Disco, thanks for that.

I'm familiar a lot of the stuff you mentioned - I've got the 2 Many DJs album (Skeelo's Taller mixed with The Breeders Canonball is my favourite bit). I'll go to see Goldfrapp, if only to lust over Allison (and to hear Lovely Head, of course).

There are some clashes, worst one is Saturday night, when Flaming Lips, Kraftwerk and Asian Dub Foundation are all on at the same time. I reckon I'll catch the first twenty minutes of the Lips thn hightail it to Kraftwerk. I love ADF, but I've seen them twice before, so that's cool. I've seen the Lips before as well, so Kraftwerk wins that one.

Arcade Fire is a must see for me, as are Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds, Doves and a Scandanavian group that's being played a lot over here called Husky Rescue. I don't know much Royksop, but they come recommended by a few people, so I'll definitely pay them a visit.

On Moon's recommendation, I'm going to catch LCD Soundsystem as well.

Heh, already traded my two SOAD tickets for 2 GA NIN tickets. I decided to go for the Download show since there will be 6 bands,

Quality>Quanity laugh.gif

Me & Indy just scored 2 GA floor for Foo Fighters in Philly cheer.gif applaudit.gif common001.gif

here I come DAVE laugh.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 1 2005, 01:31 AM)
Heh, already traded my two SOAD tickets for 2 GA NIN tickets.  I decided to go for the Download show since there will be 6 bands,

Heh, that was the idea. Never was that big of a SOAD fan to begin with at all, though I am sure they put on a hell of a show. Mars Volta was really the only driving force in buying those tickets.

BTW, congrats on the Foo Fighters floor seats, I missed out on em by calling ticketmaster 5 minutes too late. I'm gonna have to find some other route to get those tickets.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 1 2005, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 1 2005, 01:31 AM)
Heh, already traded my two SOAD tickets for 2 GA NIN tickets.  I decided to go for the Download show since there will be 6 bands,

Heh, that was the idea. Never was that big of a SOAD fan to begin with at all, though I am sure they put on a hell of a show. Mars Volta was really the only driving force in buying those tickets.

BTW, congrats on the Foo Fighters floor seats, I missed out on em by calling ticketmaster 5 minutes too late. I'm gonna have to find some other route to get those tickets.

Yeah I know, I'm just joking, I know everyones taste in music is different.

Damn that sucks about the tickets. We both were online at the minute they went on sale so that helped. I have pretty good luck getting tickets online from ticketmaster usually.

When S.O.A.D played in Jersey I picked up 2 tickets on the floor for $10 on ebay, they were ticketfast so the shipping was free, I put them on ebay and sold them for $60 the next day then with the money I got a upper level seat. That was cool how that worked out, a free show, and it was a killer one at that. Sometimes the best things in life are free. Well, I guess I had to hustle a little but it wasn't that hard to make an auction, then email someone tickets, I even got the payment through paypal so it went right into my account lol. 1022.gif

Edited by Indica