What to drink right before the show

Joshua

something that is hard without lots of ounces, so I don't have to PEE!!!

If I do have to Pee I hope they play RTB so I don't miss anything of value.

I'm thinking a couple nice swigs of tequila, but I'll go straight off the bottle, the sprite interferes.

New poster here...Thought this would be as good a thread as any for my first post!

Weakly Criminal,

I love The Macallan, but don't quite think the 18yr is good enough to justify the major price difference between the 12yr. I love the 12yr (or the 10yr Fine Oak), and think it's actually a bit smoother (to me, anyway) than the 18yr.

Another alternative is Cask Strength, although it's 120 proof and meant to be mixed with distilled water, as it's not watered down like the other scotch's. Slightly more expensive than 12yr, but still very smooth! I occasionally drink it straight! (Although it does pack quite the punch that way!)

OK, June in Virginia? I'm thinking cold beer. Really cold, maybe Canadian as well. Most likely Molson Canadian or Labatt Blue. I can't even imagine trying to drink something is heavy as Scotch in 90+ degree heat and about 80% humidity. It's just way too heavy. Tequila on the other hand, well that can get dangerous. I can't be any more specific, since the statute of limitations hasn't run it's course yet.

And if you have to pee during the show, you can hold it in by dancing. You shouldn't look too out of place.

Another note: Rush is usually one of those concerts where the line for the guys room is out the door, while the ladies walk right in. Polar opposite of most shows I have seen.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

yep

I have peed in the ladies room at many a rush concert.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 28 2007, 04:39 PM)
I'll still drink beer.

Once I know the setlist, just as the last song of the first set is ending, I sprint to the john and beat everyone.

Then I go get another beer!

trink38.gif

My plan, exactly.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 28 2007, 04:43 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 28 2007, 04:39 PM)
I'll still drink beer.

Once I know the setlist, just as the last song of the first set is ending, I sprint to the john and beat everyone. 

trink38.gif

My plan, exactly.

trink39.gif

Doesn't really matter for us girls.... there has never been a line at any 2.gif show I've been to! laugh.gif

this is the only thing that keeps me from really pounding the yeunglings at shows. PISSING. Lager makes me have to go like crazy, especially in the summer. So I might be drinking mixed drinks. Rum and coke maybe. I dunno yet. CeeJ has gotten me into Parrot Bay coconut rum and coke. Kinda girly, but they're really good. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 28 2007, 07:08 PM)
this is the only thing that keeps me from really pounding the yeunglings at shows.  PISSING.  Lager makes me have to go like crazy, especially in the summer.  So I might be drinking mixed drinks.  Rum and coke maybe.  I dunno yet.  CeeJ has gotten me into Parrot Bay coconut rum and coke.  Kinda girly, but they're really good.  yes.gif

Vodka cranberry are the way to go! It's like Kool-Aid! yes.gif

On a hot day in an outdoor venue??? Ooooh Yeah!!

http://blog.dirkschuetze.de/wp-content/Kool-AidMan.jpg

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 28 2007, 07:08 PM)
this is the only thing that keeps me from really pounding the yeunglings at shows. PISSING. Lager makes me have to go like crazy, especially in the summer. So I might be drinking mixed drinks. Rum and coke maybe. I dunno yet. CeeJ has gotten me into Parrot Bay coconut rum and coke. Kinda girly, but they're really good. yes.gif

Yeah Necro. You have to wear a dress to the show if you're going to drink that. And no.gif we don't need to see the picks. cool.gif

smile.gif I won't be drinking all that much before the show no.gif cos I'll be RUSHIN' to the pisser every five minutes and I ain't coming all this way to spend my pennies in the loo no.gif

After the show well trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 30 2007, 08:18 PM)
my bladder sees nothing because my body absorbs every last drop.

There's truth to that .. If you be jumpin' around, singing loudly, air drummin' and air guitarin' you will definately be working off all that PISS !!

So drink up!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 28 2007, 03:39 PM)
I'll still drink beer.

trink38.gif

That's the plan I always follow. The hard part will be figuring out which song is the last one of the first set in Atlanta. After that show I'll be ready.

I actually drink moderately before and during the show and then heavily after. biggrin.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 28 2007, 04:45 PM)
Doesn't really matter for us girls.... there has never been a line at any 2.gif show I've been to! laugh.gif

So then can I sneek into the ladies restroom with you? trink39.gif

QUOTE (greycat @ Apr 27 2007, 11:47 PM)
New poster here...Thought this would be as good a thread as any for my first post!

Weakly Criminal,
I love The Macallan, but don't quite think the 18yr is good enough to justify the major price difference between the 12yr. I love the 12yr (or the 10yr Fine Oak), and think it's actually a bit smoother (to me, anyway) than the 18yr.

Another alternative is Cask Strength, although it's 120 proof and meant to be mixed with distilled water, as it's not watered down like the other scotch's. Slightly more expensive than 12yr, but still very smooth! I occasionally drink it straight! (Although it does pack quite the punch that way!)

THX for the tip GC! I've only tried the 12 and the 25 so far, and the girl at the bar that let me try the 25 told me she thought the 18 was just as good. I intend to try the cask strength soon, as I've always been a fan of the really strong stuff. That may be just the ticket for a concert, as you don't have to sneak as much in! martini_shaken.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 28 2007, 06:22 PM)

Vodka cranberry are the way to go!  It's like Kool-Aid! yes.gif

Agreed - my drink of choice! Grey Goose or Absolut with cranberry... nectar of the gods! trink39.gif

http://www.bevnet.com/images/reviews/ginseng_rush/ginsengrushxxx.jpg cool.gif

Gonna get some of this at The Health Nut this summer and that'll be my pre-show drink! biggrin.gif