5 members have voted

1. 1. What Was Your Favorite Album?

• 1. Honeymoon Suite (1984)
    • 2. The Big Prize (1986)
    • 3. Racing After Midnight (1988)
    • 4. Lemon Tongue (2002)
    • 5. Dreamland (2002)
    • 6. Monsters Under The Bed (2004)

I saw them live at a concert at Busch Gardens sometime in the mid-eighties. I remember that Bad Attitude was on the radio all of the time. I remember that their guitar player had a pretty big black eye and we kept laughing at him all night. We were pretty close so you could tell he was getting mad at us. They were decent for a pop/rock band in that era.

Dave Betts (the drummer) kicks ass. Why? Because he's my teacher biggrin.gif

If anyone is in Ontario...check out Honeymoon Suite, styx, loverboy on New Years Eve in Niagara Falls. It's going to be a great show! Mullets are mandatory!

I pretty much have to like these guys, only good band from here. laugh.gif

Rick Rose, the owner of the Niagara Institute of Music where I took lessons, played in the band Lennex with Johnny Dee before Dee formed Honeymoon Suite. Pretty cool.

They have a couple really cool songs that I like that they put out in the 80s. I love the song, "I got a new girl friend now". I'm not familiar with any of their more recent stuff.

Aren't they from the Niagara Falls area, and that is how they came up with the name Honeymoon Suite?

I saw them open up for Heart when I was in High School in the 80's. The Big Prize was the album they were pushing. I thought there were really good on stage. So I bought the album. I thought it was killer (for 80's pop rock). I sometimes listen to that album every now and then and still think it's very good.

There's a song on there called All Along You Knew that was always my favorite. Many others are good too.

btw - I picked up Racing After Midnight on a whim, and I never liked it at all. Nothing catchy or noteworthy on it. Don't know any of their others.

Never heard of them.

How about Prism?

Anybody remember them?

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 16 2007, 06:21 AM)
How about Prism?

Anybody remember them?

biggrin.gif

Ya. They were a band from Vancouver I believe. Apparently I heard from a teacher that they graduated from my high school! That was amazing to hear that. I loved that black album they had, "Armageddon". Every song was awesome on it.

Honeymoon suite was one of those Canadian hard working local (hair bands) of the early to mid 80s that has a few really good hits per album .

They had some good pop-rock tunes and timing was everything for them because the wave of music videos helped out their image . I dont think this band would have lasted in the charts as long as they did without video.

One thing for sure if you get a chance to see Honeymoon Suite, or Saga

who has also been around for years , these are 2 bands that sound awesome live .. guarenteed the price of a ticket here - very hard working bands that still sound great

Glass Tiger and Honeymoon Suite seem to be alot alike in style

Smalltime Canadian hair bands? Give me Chilliwack. :haz:

Hahaha! I dig Chilliwack!!!! Nice call!

Where does HELIX fit then in this??

NO REST FOR THE WICKED!

My wife was actually born in Chilliwack, BC.

Honeymoon Suite!

Haywire!

Prism!

Teaze!

The Spoons!

Platinum Bland I mean Blonde!

These are all answers on the Canadian Citizenship test. Bonus marks for exclamation points.

Stupid video, stupid song, but catchy as some stupid disease: Wave Babies!