OMG! Look At This Broker's Price(front row Chicago

presto123

I was just browsing around some of the brokers sites and came across this. $1345 per ticket for front row center. That's insane. Are there any of you on here that would pay that much? Even if you had the extra money? I saw Rush from the front row during Power Windows and it was an unbelievable experience, but now there's no way in hell I'd pay 1400 for one ticket. Here's the link scroll to bottom of page:

FRONT ROW CHICAGO

Yeah it's insane. I tried finding some tickets to mannheim, I found one on a "world box office" site and the prices were nuts! 155 for class 1!!! I went through the official rush site and I got 2 tickets (class 2, there were only 9 tickets left and they were there) for LESS than 1 ticket through the other site!

It's not worth that much money to me to see them front row. I wouldnt pay more than $300 for a rush ticket. I think that's just because I had my fill of seeing them way up close on the VT tour. I have a buddy that worked at Continental Airlines Arena and he hooked me up with 4 unclaimed VIP tickets in the 3rd row for $60/each.

I'm pretty close at the July 8th show though and they only cost me $80.

This is a bit discouraging, as I was just going to get my tickets through a broker. Since we don't know how long the guys will be touring, I want to make the most of the remaining concerts. But there is no way I'm dropping anything near $1,400 on one concert.

I miss the days when we used to complain about spending $25 on a show.

Highway robbery!! wacko.gif

This whole ticket scam is precisely why I quit going to concerts for the last few years. It makes me sick and it's no different than trying to catch a Kings hockey game at the staples center in L.A. All the corporations have bought up all good the seats and then pass them on to people who don't even care about hockey -

I have only been going to Gen. Admission shows but since this may be the last time rush comes here i went ahead and bought a ticket - 8th row alex's side -

1400 bucks for a ticket is a felony!

There's no way anybody should be getting away with this bullshit.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 16 2007, 10:00 AM)

Until they actually sell the ticket at that price, I wouldn't necessarily get worked up over a price like that. When tickets first go on sale, I think brokers have an incentive to trade on the excitement (and fear of limited availability) and ask for large cash. As the summer comes, and the tour progresses, I think you might see some of those prices come down a bit.

In the end, as in any market, the tickets are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Brokers ( Scalpers ) Scalping = Selling a ticket for MORE than face value

Let say a $ 100.00 ticket

$50.00 ( to the Band )

$40.00 ( to the Venue)

$10.00 ( promoter )

WHY should a Broker Make the MOST Money from ticket sales

They allway start at 3 Times Face Value or More

a $100.00 seat they like to make at least

$200.00 ( Broker )

THE SYSTEM SUCKS

It's c0ckw4sher brokers like that who ruin concerts and dash dreams for so many fans.

The person that belong in those seat(s) is a fan who got them for exactly what Rush inteded them to be sold for.

A tour or two back I had a couple really good spare tickets for their home town show at the Molson Ampitheatre. I purposely pretended I might sell them to a scalper and then instead when other fans came to the scalpers looking to buy tickets from them - I sold them to the fans on the spot for face value (and less than what the dirty scalper was gonna pay me).

Pretty sweet to at least wreck a sales opp for one of those bastards. Remember if you ever show up with extra tickets to try pass them along to another fan instead of one of those vermin. :c]

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 16 2007, 07:28 AM)
This is a bit discouraging, as I was just going to get my tickets through a broker. Since we don't know how long the guys will be touring, I want to make the most of the remaining concerts. But there is no way I'm dropping anything near $1,400 on one concert.

Prices will come way down, I can gurantee that.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 16 2007, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 16 2007, 07:28 AM)
This is a bit discouraging, as I was just going to get my tickets through a broker.  Since we don't know how long the guys will be touring, I want to make the most of the remaining concerts.  But there is no way I'm dropping anything near $1,400 on one concert.

Prices will come way down, I can gurantee that.

if I go to a broker I literally wait until the day before. I usually get a good seat for a fair price.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Apr 16 2007, 12:40 PM)
It's c0ckw4sher brokers like that who ruin concerts and dash dreams for so many fans.

The person that belong in those seat(s) is a fan who got them for exactly what Rush inteded them to be sold for.

I agree, but isn't this just the nature of free market? If the market is there and brokers can sell tickets at high prices, of course they're going to do it to make a profit, they're in business to make money ya know... although it's admittedly a pretty slimy way to make money.

I guess it used to be that whoever camped out in line the longest got the best shot at good seats, right? Well, with technology and internet, those days are gone, and the brokers make sure that you'll get a good seat if you're willing to pay for it - and someone almost always is willing.

Maybe you should blame the people who are insane enough to actually pay big bucks for the good seats (like me tongue.gif). But seriously, in this day and age, I don't see how any other system of ticket sales would work. There's a supply vs demand problem, especially for the good seats, and money talks. sad.gif

QUOTE (gaijin97 @ Apr 16 2007, 09:16 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Apr 16 2007, 10:00 AM)

Until they actually sell the ticket at that price, I wouldn't necessarily get worked up over a price like that. When tickets first go on sale, I think brokers have an incentive to trade on the excitement (and fear of limited availability) and ask for large cash. As the summer comes, and the tour progresses, I think you might see some of those prices come down a bit.

In the end, as in any market, the tickets are only worth what someone is willing to pay.

I'd pay that if I knew the ticket price included a day spa, champaign & caviar, a limo ride to the venue, luxury box seating, and a backstage pass to the after-party.

QUOTE (rushman14 @ Apr 16 2007, 01:01 PM)
if I go to a broker I literally wait until the day before. I usually get a good seat for a fair price.

Do you find that as the event draws near, any new seats become available via brokers? That's my main concern.

For Columbus, we needed 3 seats, so we were already at a disadvantage, but I found 3 seats, center stage, third row - for $400 each, through a broker. Considering they were also asking the same price for twenty-sixth row, we pounced on the third row seats. Prices may drop with time, but I was afraid of not finding another 3 ticket set up front.

Archived