BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN

daveyt

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Mar 25 2009, 11:31 AM)
same for me, never could get into him, I've tried numerous times to do so but he just doesn't do it for me...x's 2 on the political nonsense....i'm tired of hearing it......I also get sick of people ( a friend of mine mostly) calling him a "working class hero", the guy has been famous since he was about 21!! If playing a 3 hour concert makes you a working class hero then what are all of us 8+ hour a day guys?working class Gods??

goodpost.gif He sucks!!! laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Agree completely with that. A large part of my problem with him is that he's so hard to ignore. If he were just another well-regarded singer-songwriter I could accept that I just don't care for his music and not pay attention to him. But I can't read any music-related publication without hearing every single week how much of a god he is and how he's the "poet laureate of the working class" and all this bullshit like that and how he's one of the great American songwriters. He's not that good. He got really, really lucky when Jon Landau wrote the article saying Bruce was "the future of rock & roll" and then agreed to be his manager. When you have a rock critic as your manager you get all the connections with Rolling Stone and shit, and he probably got it put into Bruce's record contract that nobody is ever allowed to write a negative review of anything he does. I've lost count...his last 3? 4? records have all gotten 5-star ratings from RS. Edited by PuppetKing2112

doh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

'Hello, Ohio!' (Psst! Boss, we're in Michigan)

AP, Nov 15, 2009 1:05 am PST

The curse of Friday the 13th struck Bruce Springsteen in a most unusual way: it made the 60-year-old rock legend forget where he was.

The Boss bellowed "Hello, Ohio!" to his fans at the Auburn Hills Palace in Michigan..

Springsteen referred to the neighboring state several times in the following 30 minutes until E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered in his ear..

A visibly embarrassed Springsteen grinned and said such a mistake was "every front man's nightmare.".

The Detroit Free Press says Springsteen rocked the forgiving audience for nearly three hours Friday night with new and old hits including a complete performance of his album "Born to Run."

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 15 2009, 02:28 PM)

The curse of Friday the 13th struck Bruce Springsteen in a most unusual way: it made the 60-year-old rock legend forget where he was.
The Boss bellowed "Hello, Ohio!" to his fans at the Auburn Hills Palace in Michigan..

Springsteen referred to the neighboring state several times in the following 30 minutes until E Street Band guitarist Steve Van Zandt whispered in his ear..

A visibly embarrassed Springsteen grinned and said such a mistake was "every front man's nightmare.".

The Detroit Free Press says Springsteen rocked the forgiving audience for nearly three hours Friday night with new and old hits including a complete performance of his album "Born to Run."

laugh.gif

The Boss ain't gettin' any younger.

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Dec 4 2004, 04:17 PM)
See Bruce in concert once, and you will be hooked for life. I've only seen him twice, but both shows blew me away. His shows rival a 2.gif concert for sheer energy and length. The stageshow isn't as flashy, but he does mix up the setlist a bit throughout a tour yes.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif

+ 2 We went down to Tacoma and Bruce was in town to play a show. Went down early to the venue to see if we could get cheap tix to the show. Tons of scalpers everywhere wanting silly cash. I go to my buddy do you really want to go or should be go have a few beers instead. He said lets go have beers and come back when the show starts. Maybe we can get cheaper tix after the show just begins.

Came as the show was starting and got in for 5 bucks each. GA show. Bruce played, non stop for 2 hrs. The guy gives 150 % period. Not many artists out there do this. I wasn't a huge fan of his at that time but watching his live show is very impressive to say the least.

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 15 2009, 03:28 PM)

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif z7shysterical.gif

More reasons why I love the Boss!

John Kerry did the same thing in 2004 Presidential campaign at a rally in Michigan bragged about how much he liked Ohio State football, until a chorus of boo's told him he was in the wrong place doh.gif

Geddy wore a Buckeyes t-shirt S&A tour Blossom 07. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (silver @ Nov 15 2009, 07:51 PM)
See Bruce in concert once, and you will be hooked for life.  I've only seen him twice, but both shows blew me away.  His shows rival a 2.gif  concert for sheer energy and length.  The stageshow isn't as flashy, but he does mix up the setlist a bit throughout a tour yes.gif

1022.gif  1022.gif

+ 2 We went down to Tacoma and Bruce was in town to play a show. Went down early to the venue to see if we could get cheap tix to the show. Tons of scalpers everywhere wanting silly cash. I go to my buddy do you really want to go or should be go have a few beers instead. He said lets go have beers and come back when the show starts. Maybe we can get cheaper tix after the show just begins.

Came as the show was starting and got in for 5 bucks each. GA show. Bruce played, non stop for 2 hrs. The guy gives 150 % period. Not many artists out there do this. I wasn't a huge fan of his at that time but watching his live show is very impressive to say the least.

He sucks and he blew it!!!!! yes.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

To each his own. smile.gif

Seen Bruce & Seeger Sessions band tour at Blossom. Amazing and fun energetic set of Americana classics, folk, gospel and Springsteen rock signatures.

Agree with Puppet King 2112 about Rolling Stone always have gone way over board with there album reviews of Springsteen and I've been burned by believing them(Lucky Town , Human Touch new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif ) RS has done the same thing with EVERY U2 release.

But for me Springsteen's catalog the good(very good and excellent) far out number the few bad lemons. yes.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Nov 15 2009, 11:22 PM)
See Bruce in concert once, and you will be hooked for life.  I've only seen him twice, but both shows blew me away.  His shows rival a 2.gif  concert for sheer energy and length.  The stageshow isn't as flashy, but he does mix up the setlist a bit throughout a tour yes.gif

1022.gif  1022.gif

He sucks and he blew it!!!!! yes.gif 653.gif rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

Can you both suck AND blow at the same time? huh.gif

Springsteen's biggest embarrassment was his vocal "contribution" on "We are the World". It's so awful, it's funny.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 15 2009, 11:11 PM)

1022.gif  1022.gif

No, but I knew a certain female back in the day that came pretty close! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 16 2009, 10:20 AM)
Springsteen's biggest embarrassment was his vocal "contribution" on "We are the World". It's so awful, it's funny.

Ya but I bet if you were from New Jersey instead of North Carolina you'd be in love with him.

Am I right?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Nov 16 2009, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 16 2009, 10:20 AM)

Ya but I bet if you were from New Jersey instead of North Carolina you'd be in love with him.

Am I right?

No.

I am not a fan of Kelli Pickler or Randy Travis either. And I sure as hell am not a fan of that other American Idol winner Clay Aiken.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 16 2009, 03:11 AM)

1022.gif  1022.gif

As long as you aren't trying to do both from the same orifice, I would venture to say the answer to that question is "yes." Although things might get messy.

I do not care to perform any experiments, myself.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 16 2009, 11:35 AM)
And I sure as hell am not a fan of that other American Idol winner Clay Aiken.

rofl3.gif

What was the name of his record?

Something like "I'm More Than a Man".......or something like that......

laugh.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Nov 16 2009, 06:09 PM)
To each his own.  smile.gif
Seen Bruce & Seeger Sessions band tour at Blossom. Amazing and fun energetic set of Americana classics, folk, gospel and Springsteen rock signatures.
Agree with Puppet King 2112 about Rolling Stone always have gone way over board with there album reviews of Springsteen and I've been burned by believing them(Lucky Town , Human Touch  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif ) RS has done the same thing with EVERY U2 release.
But for me Springsteen's catalog the good(very good and excellent) far out number the few bad lemons. yes.gif

goodpost.gif

The man has written some fabulous songs. And he puts on a pretty good show (I saw him once, that's all I needed). Yeah, he's fan base goes overboard with the praise, but don't all fan bases? He's a traditional songwriter, so a lot of people on this board won't appreciate him. Too bad, like I said, he's written some great songs.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 16 2009, 04:32 PM)
The man has written some fabulous songs. And he puts on a pretty good show (I saw him once, that's all I needed). Yeah, he's fan base goes overboard with the praise, but don't all fan bases? He's a traditional songwriter, so a lot of people on this board won't appreciate him. Too bad, like I said, he's written some great songs.

I've never cared for his blue collar persona.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 16 2009, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 16 2009, 04:32 PM)
The man has written some fabulous songs.  And he puts on a pretty good show (I saw him once, that's all I needed).  Yeah, he's fan base goes overboard with the praise, but don't all fan bases?  He's a traditional songwriter, so a lot of people on this board won't appreciate him.  Too bad, like I said, he's written some great songs.

I've never cared for his blue collar persona.

Fair enough. No ones forcing anyone to like Bruce Springsteen. I don't consider myself a big fan, not by a long shot. In fact, I don't care for his blue collar persona either. I've driven near where his Rumson NJ home is - the man ain't blue collar! But when I hear a good song, I hear a good song.