The Open Toed Shoe Pledge

owlswing

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 9 2010, 11:27 PM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer. laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing. So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

Oh, come on Mara! Not even flip flops? wink.gif

It's so comfy to have your feet hangin' loose, not strangled by socks n' sneakers. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My cutest shoes are my open-toed, warm weather shoes. Not real fond of the foot upkeep, though. It's a real hassle. I must shrink at least half an inch in height when I scrape the barnacles off the ol' footies built up from the winter.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my pedicure already. biggrin.gif

I actually got this very thoughtful gift for Christmas called Pedi-Egg and I gotta say it's AMAZING!!! You use it right when you come outta the shower about once a week to remove any nasty parts of the foot, leaving behind smooth, beautiful feet. No more gnarly feet!

http://www.amazon.com/Ped-Egg-Pedicure-Foo...e/dp/B00113FENI

I pledge to rebel without fail against all ridiculous "Rules" of being a woman, and wear sandals if I damned well please no matter how ugly you might think my feet are.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 10 2010, 03:06 AM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

It's so comfy to have your feet hangin' loose, not strangled by socks n' sneakers. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My cutest shoes are my open-toed, warm weather shoes. Not real fond of the foot upkeep, though. It's a real hassle. I must shrink at least half an inch in height when I scrape the barnacles off the ol' footies built up from the winter.

Especially not flip-flops! I like a shoe to feel secure on my foot, not slap-banging around on the heel. Plus you can't sneak up on anyone when you're wearing those. laugh.gif

A lot of it's my foot structure. I have very high arches, and they don't like to go without support. Most sandals don't provide enough and you really can't put supports in sandals. If you've ever strained the fascia that runs across the arch, from toe to heel, you know how painful that can be. You end up pronating to avoid the pain, and that causes other problems.

I used to go through 3 pairs of huarache sandals every summer - Unisa made some that were great and had good support. They were closed at the toe, though.

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 12:40 PM)
I pledge to. . .not wear open-toed shoes this summer.  laugh.gif I don't have ugly feet, I just can't be bothered to do the pedicure thing.  So it's ankle socks and sneakers, as usual!

Especially not flip-flops! I like a shoe to feel secure on my foot, not slap-banging around on the heel. Plus you can't sneak up on anyone when you're wearing those. laugh.gif

A lot of it's my foot structure. I have very high arches, and they don't like to go without support. Most sandals don't provide enough and you really can't put supports in sandals. If you've ever strained the fascia that runs across the arch, from toe to heel, you know how painful that can be. You end up pronating to avoid the pain, and that causes other problems.

I used to go through 3 pairs of huarache sandals every summer - Unisa made some that were great and had good support. They were closed at the toe, though.

This just came to mind when I read you post...

You'd seem 'em wearing their baggies

Huarachi sandals too

A bushy bushy blonde hairdo

Surfin' U.S.A.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 10 2010, 01:13 PM)

Huarachi sandals too

Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

Birkenstock makes supportive sandals as well - almost as good as orthotics!

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 01:21 PM)

Huarachi sandals too

Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

I would not be caught dead in Birkenstocks.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 03:52 PM)

Huarachi sandals too

Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

ohmy.gif Why not?

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 12:21 PM)

Huarachi sandals too

Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

I love Birkenstock. Easily the most comfortable sandal I have ever worn and they last a good long time too.

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 10 2010, 03:52 PM)

Huarachi sandals too

Surfin' U.S.A.

laugh.gif @ Digi's post!

ohmy.gif Why not?

Ugly. Ugly, ugly, ugly. They LOOK like orthopedic shoes.

Another reason I am not crazy about sandals:

When it gets really hot feet tend to sweat - if it's severe enough you get to slip and slide around in the little puddles in your shoes. The smell of feet that have been in sweaty leather shoes is pretty rank.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 22 2007, 05:37 PM)
Alright ladies, it's that time of year once again!!! I think we need to be reminded of a few things. So my sisters, PLEASE, raise your big toes and repeat after me below...

The Open Toed Shoe Pledge

As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit.
My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs.
And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.
I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back into place hoping it will stay put.
I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizees.  This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to
take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.

I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go to my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $15 or 20 and worth EVERY penny).

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.

And this I promise as a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood!!!

ohmy.gif Seems we have ventured off track here...

Since I still LOVE my flip flops and my toes SCREAM to be free as soon spring rolls around...I repeat my pledge!!!

I will add due to the economy...the PEDI-EGG BEST new invention for open shoe wearers!!! Buy the two pack and share with your favorite sister!!!!

NOW GET OUT THERE AND SHOW THOSE FEET OFF MY SEXY SISTERS!!!!! cheer.gif cosmo.gif

I love when I can break out my sandals. I got a pair almost two years ago that I LOVE. I am fairly picky about shoes. Especially sandals. I can't wear flip flops because I hate anything between my toes. Also a lot of sandals go between the toes or around the big toe, so I can't wear those.

Here are ones I have and I don't know that I will ever buy another brand of shoes or sandals again. These are Naot brand. I also have a pair of mary janes that are equally as comfortable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/mindid/74225.jpg

QUOTE (sundog @ Apr 10 2010, 07:25 PM)
Give me a pair of cute heels anyday!

I am so with you on that one. I'm a heel or flip-flop summer girl (I know...odd extremes).

I keep my tootsies open-toed-shoe ready 365 days a year. I do my own pedi's when I have to, but try to get into the salon at least every other month all year long. I'm proud to say that I have cute feet (as far as feet can be cute, that is).

My poor daughters inherited my hubby's feet though. Poor things. Doomed to a lifetime with ugly feet.

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 23 2010, 02:28 PM)

I am so with you on that one. I'm a heel or flip-flop summer girl (I know...odd extremes).

I keep my tootsies open-toed-shoe ready 365 days a year. I do my own pedi's when I have to, but try to get into the salon at least every other month all year long. I'm proud to say that I have cute feet (as far as feet can be cute, that is).

My poor daughters inherited my hubby's feet though. Poor things. Doomed to a lifetime with ugly feet.

Oh, my poor husband is forbidden to wear his sandals in public. His feet are just. . .astonishingly ugly. Thick and wide with little short stubby toes. They look like cartoon baby-dinosaur feet.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 23 2010, 01:38 PM)
Almost time to break out the toe rings! biggrin.gif

You rock Chrissie! And so do all the women who take care of their tootsies. Took my g/f to Virginia Beach 19 years ago, shortly after we met, and happened to get her a gold toe ring there. She wears it year round and loves it.

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Apr 25 2010, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 23 2010, 01:38 PM)
Almost time to break out the toe rings!  biggrin.gif

You rock Chrissie! And so do all the women who take care of their tootsies. Took my g/f to Virginia Beach 19 years ago, shortly after we met, and happened to get her a gold toe ring there. She wears it year round and loves it.

Thanks!

I got a new one for Christmas last year. It's silver with rhinestones all around it so it looks like diamonds. I can't wait to see it sparkle in the sun this summer. biggrin.gif

I hate my feet & they stink. This is why I wear boots. Alice Cooper said the feet have the most sweat glands of any body part. This is why they smell.

Because of this thread, I now check my toesies before traipsing out of the house every day. eyesre4.gif I did stop and trim ALL the nails before leaving today, but I still refuse to polish. I'm just so LAZY . . .

Hey does anyone have Onesoles? They're the only sandal I wear now, if they qualify as a sandal. I'm particularly fond of my pink flamingoes . . .

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 23 2010, 12:12 PM)
QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Apr 23 2010, 02:28 PM)

Oh, my poor husband is forbidden to wear his sandals in public. His feet are just. . .astonishingly ugly. Thick and wide with little short stubby toes. They look like cartoon baby-dinosaur feet.

rofl3.gif