'Harry Potter's' Hermione can't make up her...

Jack Aubrey

Edited by Jack Aubrey

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/4/jawdown.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/aiw/swoon1.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 20 2007, 11:49 AM)
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) mentions that despite having made 5 films together, neither he or Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) speak to Watson anymore.

She obviously knocked 'em both back laugh.gif

Well... if she can do better than play a limiting role, it's a good move. But if she's not that good of an actor, which you can't tell from these kind of movies... then she's made a huge mistake. If she's a mediocre actor, which I fear is the case... she'll be crucified and forever labelled that girl that was stupid enough to turn her back on the Harry Franchise EMPIRE.

Hopefully she CAN act, and this drivel will have been just a stepping stone into a more serious career.

i could give a rats ass, i dont watch harry potter movies.

Let's face it, after this they just shouldn't bother with the other two movies. I mean, they've undergone director changes, cast changes, the entire castle and surrounding area got a major makeover in the third movie so that it doesn't even resemble the first two movies, and now this. Now, I know continuity isn't a big thing in the Harry Potter books, but this change along with all the others is just ridiculous.

Not to mention that the series is poorly written, poorly directed, casted and acted. Basically it's time to put Old Yeller down after this development. Leave it at 5 movies which is already too many.

Edited by TheMeek

Thankfully the books are far better than the movies, but still it's disappointing to say the least. The guy playing Dumbeldore now is good, but he never quite hit the right note that Richard Harris did before he died. He had the stoicism that seemed apporpriate and the new Dumbeldore is far too emotional when compared to the book.

I guess I'd think this was a bigger deal if I hadn't been so disappointed by the last 2 or 3 movies. I greatly enjoy them, but they're a mere shadow of the books...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 20 2007, 09:28 AM)
Thankfully the books are far better than the movies, but still it's disappointing to say the least. The guy playing Dumbeldore now is good, but he never quite hit the right note that Richard Harris did before he died. He had the stoicism that seemed apporpriate and the new Dumbeldore is far too emotional when compared to the book.

I guess I'd think this was a bigger deal if I hadn't been so disappointed by the last 2 or 3 movies. I greatly enjoy them, but they're a mere shadow of the books...

Yeah. My twelve year old twins agree.

tongue.gif

Sorry... couldn't resist. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 20 2007, 11:55 AM)
Thankfully the books are far better than the movies, but still it's disappointing to say the least.  The guy playing Dumbeldore now is good, but he never quite hit the right note that Richard Harris did before he died.  He had the stoicism that seemed apporpriate and the new Dumbeldore is far too emotional when compared to the book. 

I guess I'd think this was a bigger deal if I hadn't been so disappointed by the last 2 or 3 movies.  I greatly enjoy them, but they're a mere shadow of the books...

tongue.gif

Funny I know a few thirteen year olds that aren't to happy about this news.

I for one don't think she is making a wise move, but hey wait a few weeks she may be back with a larger salary.

Man, I hate the new Dumbledore. And not just how the actor portrays him but how the character was written and directed. Dumbledore was a regular prick in the 4th movie.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 20 2007, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Mar 20 2007, 11:55 AM)
Thankfully the books are far better than the movies, but still it's disappointing to say the least.  The guy playing Dumbeldore now is good, but he never quite hit the right note that Richard Harris did before he died.  He had the stoicism that seemed apporpriate and the new Dumbeldore is far too emotional when compared to the book. 

I guess I'd think this was a bigger deal if I hadn't been so disappointed by the last 2 or 3 movies.  I greatly enjoy them, but they're a mere shadow of the books...

tongue.gif

Funny I know a few thirteen year olds that aren't to happy about this news.

I for one don't think she is making a wise move, but hey wait a few weeks she may be back with a larger salary.

Not like it's a good idea for her to come back at this point anyways...the other two main characters aren't even talking to her. Not what I call good chemistry.

QUOTE (TheMeek @ Mar 20 2007, 04:08 PM)

Man, I hate the new Dumbledore. And not just how the actor portrays him but how the character was written and directed. Dumbledore was a regular prick in the 4th movie.

C'mon... how could anyone named DUMBLEDORE be a prick??? Say it ain't so.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Mar 20 2007, 05:09 PM)
www.mugglenet.com links to this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6...000/6464049.stm

saying that Rupert has been misquoted in certain articles relating to this issue.

I doubt that Emma will quit. But I also won't lose any sleep if any or all three of the main actors leave.

She won't. She can't. If any of them do....it will be a no show. no pun intended laugh.gif

QUOTE (Slime @ Mar 20 2007, 04:09 PM)
www.mugglenet.com links to this story

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_6...000/6464049.stm

saying that Rupert has been misquoted in certain articles relating to this issue.

I doubt that Emma will quit. But I also won't lose any sleep if any or all three of the main actors leave.

I hope not. One of my reasons for even watching the movies right there. If she wasn't in them i'd probably just stick to the books.

QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 20 2007, 12:58 PM)

I can't help but agree with her. Being labeled with a franchise is enough to kill your career, and getting out while the getting's good is a smart plan... I just don't think the getting was too good.

Unless, of course, it's all about holding out for a few million more. Then I say she can go to hell. rage.gif

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Mar 24 2007, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (owlswing @ Mar 20 2007, 12:58 PM)

I can't help but agree with her. Being labeled with a franchise is enough to kill your career, and getting out while the getting's good is a smart plan... I just don't think the getting was too good.

The girl has been offered the equivalent of 4 million dollars for each of the last 2 movies. Add that to the money she's already made. That's an obscene amount of money, enough to retire on in great luxury for the rest of her life. I think she'd be an idiot to turn it down. She can worry about the rest of her career afterwards - she's still very young.

What usually happens when a lead singer leaves a band to make it on their own or someone leaves a hit tv show to make it in the movies? They usually fail miserably with the rare exceptions. Enjoy the cash cow while you have it, cause there's no guarantee you'll be successful later whether you leave now or leave later anyway. Leaving would be colossally stupid if you ask me...

I think she's making a mistake. Looking at the over all scheme of the world and it's history, It really shouldn't mean a goddamn thing. I am now going to head to a Harry Potter forum so I can read page after page of people proclaiming this to be the absolute end of the world as we know it. How enduring death would be preferable to letting Watson enact this unthinkable, heinous crime against humanity. Harry fans are going to go stupidly overboard with their reactions, and I will be there laughing my ass off. I mean come on, it's only a series of movies based on a series of fictional books.

QUOTE (prog.fusion @ Mar 22 2007, 02:31 PM)
judging by the thread title i thought the actress had announced she was gay.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lerxstforever @ Mar 28 2007, 10:16 AM)
dan, rupert, and emma have all signed on for the last 2 films.

How do you know this?

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ Mar 28 2007, 12:05 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxstforever @ Mar 28 2007, 10:16 AM)
dan, rupert, and emma have all signed on for the last 2 films.

How do you know this?

I found this link on an Emma Watson fansite.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive...7/23/c6173.html