The Brutal Truth Love Ministry

Brutal Truth

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 30 2004, 02:17 PM)
Anybody want my nipper? She's been screaming since 1.

Ahhh....bless your heart, SB. Some days they have SO much lung power, don't they?

I remember it well. Here's hoping she calms down immediately, if not sooner.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 30 2004, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 30 2004, 01:14 PM)

Yeah, don't you ever watch Winnie the Pooh (The BEST cartoon ever)?  Tigger takes Roo ice skating, & Kanga asks Tigger to be careful.  Tigger replies "don't worry I'll take care of the little nipper".

I must have missed that episode.

wacko.gif

No, no, no. It's from the original The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh from Disney back in the late 60's. It's the same segment where Tigger & Roo get stuck up in a tree & Roo uses Tigger's tail as a swing.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 30 2004, 05:00 PM)
I love the way, that when the chips are down, you really know who your friends are.

Amen, sister! trink39.gif <----- ummm, sacrement wine, that is. biggrin.gif

first and foremost...i love my family. my three girls...and my husband for sure.... he is, the most supportive individual.... my two youngest daughters....well...their dad passed away a month ago... and before he passed, he was in the hospital in the ICU for about 3 weeks...mind you, this is my EX husband who is the father of my youngest two girls...so, almost every day for three weeks i spent time with the my ex's family....me and girls would go to the hospital to visit with their dad (B2)...and some nights after visiting hours were over, we would go out to dinner together....have a couple drinks...whatever, something to break the montany (sp) of being in the hospital room everyday...... so...he never complained a bit about the time i was spending with the EX family...(mind you, i did this solely for my girls...) and he would even come up to the hospital and just sit there in the waiting room while we were in B2 room...he's da bomb.....even his mom and step dad came to the funeral....his family rocks...and i am very thankful to have them in my life........

so, thanx for starting this thread.... i have much more i love...which i will post another time, but this, i just HAD to share...

kleenex please..... heart.gif

I love my wife, my kids, special fried rice from the Tin Tai restaurant in Letterkenny, Rush, Christopher Brookmyre and Colin Bateman novels, The Simpsons, the house appetiser from the China Tower in Letterkenny, holidays, crosswords/anagrams/scrabble, Horslips, Nouvelle Vague's latest album, a coal fire, Manu Chao, Peking Duck from the Money Tree in Letterkenny, Gillian Anderson, appearing in musicals, the LOTR films, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, special chow mein from Chungs chinese restaurant in Letterkenny, going to gigs at the Nerve Centre in Derry, Douglas Adams books, Guinness, table quizzes, Monty Python, the feeling of accomplishment solving an anagram in the Rush Word Scramble thread, Pizza......................the list goes on biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 30 2004, 04:00 PM)
I love the way, that when the chips are down, you really know who your friends are.

That's the way it should be too. CT, it's great to have you here, and so many other familiar "faces".

BTW, SB, how is the kid? I've lost track of time! Hope all is well in the Baldrick family!!

QUOTE (Brutal Truth @ Nov 30 2004, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Nov 30 2004, 04:00 PM)

That's the way it should be too. CT, it's great to have you here, and so many other familiar "faces".

BTW, SB, how is the kid? I've lost track of time! Hope all is well in the Baldrick family!!

She is well, thanks. She slept throught the night last night, probably why she was fussy today - no night feeding.

After reading many of the previous posts, I feel like an illiterate buffoon for just posting "I Love Beer". Therefore, I will try again with a little more seriousness and effort:

O beer, I do love thee so! You make a summer day seem warmer, like a gentle breeze rustling through the willows. The stars seem brighter on a moonlit night, and the clouds seem to drift more gently. My heart races faster when I see your glistening sheen as you slide out of the cooler ice, and I adore the 'pfffsst' of your opening cap. You are truly wonderful......

And I love my wife and kids too. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 30 2004, 08:00 PM)
After reading many of the previous posts, I feel like an illiterate buffoon for just posting "I Love Beer".  Therefore, I will try again with a little more seriousness and effort:

O beer, I do love thee so! You make a summer day seem warmer, like a gentle breeze rustling through the willows.  The stars seem brighter on a moonlit night, and the clouds seem to drift more gently.  My heart races faster when I see your glistening sheen as you slide out of the cooler ice, and I adore the 'pfffsst' of your opening cap.  You are truly wonderful......

I'm dying here... "Ode to Beer"

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Nov 30 2004, 09:00 PM)
After reading many of the previous posts, I feel like an illiterate buffoon for just posting "I Love Beer". Therefore, I will try again with a little more seriousness and effort:

O beer, I do love thee so! You make a summer day seem warmer, like a gentle breeze rustling through the willows. The stars seem brighter on a moonlit night, and the clouds seem to drift more gently. My heart races faster when I see your glistening sheen as you slide out of the cooler ice, and I adore the 'pfffsst' of your opening cap. You are truly wonderful......

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Oh, my garshk! I'm succumbing to the loving atmosphere in this here thread. I'm getting sucked into the love stew. Heeeeeeeelp!

Ok, I give up. I will now jump head first into the goo.

I love my family. My wife who puts up with me. My beautiful boys and my Princess. My extended family, who likewise find a way to tolerate my excesses. True friends who stick with me through hard times.

Umm............ beer.

Vodka martinis, shaken, not stirred, one olive, no more

Pizza

Tacos

Rush (duh!)

This here community

Currier and Ives winter scenes (Just to imagine living in them for about a week, then getting my Florida @ss home quickly.)

Christmases with small children

Thanksgiving dinner

A well-turned phrase or clever retort

A humorous vignette

Smart people saying clever, insightful things

(Just a partial list. Who could possibly list all the great things in life in one post? Not I.)

Archived