THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 15 2007, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 15 2007, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 15 2007, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 15 2007, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 15 2007, 11:06 AM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jan 15 2007, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 15 2007, 10:56 AM)
All I'll say is- no sing it girls...

cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif  cheer.gif

"Oh, when the SAINTS go marching in,
Oh, when the SAINTS go marching in
I want to be in that number
When the SAINTS go marching in

And when the Bears begin to whine
And when the Bears begins to Whine
it's because of another Grossman blunder
when the Bears begin to whine

Oh, when the SAINTS go marching in,
Lord how I want to be in that number

Oh, when The Colts drop the ball
Oh, when The Colts they drop the ball
I want to be in that number
Oh, when The Colts they drop the ball

Oh when Tom Brady gets sacked to death
oh When Tom Brady gets sacked to death
I want to see Belichick's face like thunder
Oh when Tom Brady's been sacked to death

When the SAINTS go marching in"

Dont get to cocky there Mr. biggrin.gif your starting to sound like Necro and we saw what happened to his Chargers laugh.gif

wink.gif

Speaking of which where is he??

laugh.gif yeah necro come on out and face the music biggrin.gif Do you think it was easy for me after Ohio State got blown out tongue.gif

I'll not be hiding out if the Saints end up losing...

cool.gif

I am sure your used to that by now anyway unsure.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

laugh.gif wacko.gif trink38.gif

Sorry guys. I started watching the President after the game and then I passed out. I meant to get back up here and congratulate the Pats fans, but sleep took over.

Great win. yes.gif

Pats tried to give it to us... and for some reason the Bolts just didn't want it. Parker should be shot. yes.gif He wasn't the only one making mistakes though. The whole team was sloppy. You can't be sloppy when you play a team with the playoff ability that THE PATRIOTS have.

I wish you well against Manning and the Colts. I HATE THEM!!! yes.gif

GO PATS!!!

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 15 2007, 04:39 PM)

Sorry guys. I started watching the President after the game and then I passed out. I meant to get back up here and congratulate the Pats fans, but sleep took over.

Great win. yes.gif

Pats tried to give it to us... and for some reason the Bolts just didn't want it. Parker should be shot. yes.gif He wasn't the only one making mistakes though. The whole team was sloppy. You can't be sloppy when you play a team with the playoff ability that THE PATRIOTS have.

I wish you well against Manning and the Colts. I HATE THEM!!! yes.gif

GO PATS!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif goodpost.gif

-from DAN SHAUGHNESSY

It all started with Bill Belichick's shove of Globe photographer Jim Davis after the win over the Jets. But fallout from that boorish moment was nothing compared with the noise we're hearing from the crybaby Chargers. Lots of sour grapes here in Southern California.

When Nate Kaeding's 54-yard field goal attempt fell short and wide with three seconds left on the clock Sunday, many Patriots players stormed the field, with several dancing on the Chargers logo and spiking their helmets into the ground. Choke signs were flashed and Shawne Merriman's lights-out dance was mocked. Rosevelt Colvin and Vince Wilfork were particularly animated.

Tomlinson didn't back off his heat-of-the-moment remarks yesterday.

"When you're a three-time Super Bowl champion, I just wouldn't think you would need to act that way," he said. "But obviously that's the way they reacted to it and there's nothing we can do about it.

"You won the game and that was great. And we were obviously just going to congratulate them on going on, but when you start to further disrespect us, in my mind, you just don't do that. From my standpoint, Marty always tells us after the game to act like we've been there before. That's something that your coach always tells you. To me, if guys are acting like that, then it comes from top to bottom."

When he was reminded that Belichick could be his coach in this year's Pro Bowl, Tomlinson said, "I don't know how that would go over, but obviously I probably wouldn't say two words to him. I definitely wouldn't."

A couple of things must be said: First of all, the Chargers and Schottenheimer haven't "been there before," so how would they know how to act after a big win? In four quarters of immature, give-away football, the Chargers looked every bit the part of a team that never had been there before and didn't know how to play or behave in a big game.

The Patriots are the ones who have been there before and need no instructions from the bucket of Bolts who blew the big game. Also, many Patriots contend that the Chargers were smack-talkin' when they thrashed the Patriots in New England last season. And without doubt New England players were good and sick about hearing about the top-seeded, nine-Pro-Bowler Chargers and their undefeated home record.

That said, they could rein it in a little. No one is saying they need to win the Lady Byng Trophy, but a little decorum wouldn't hurt. The Patriots' historic run has been marked by professionalism as much as clutch performance. No need to go all Terrell Owens on us now.

A little work needed on the offensive side

By Dan Shaughnessy, Globe Columnist | January 16, 2007

biggrin.gif

Edited by daveyt

Indianapolis Colts limit ticket sales

Locals-only rule hits Patriots fans 2d time

By Bruce Mohl, Globe Staff | January 16, 2007

The Indianapolis Colts, like the San Diego Chargers before them, made it impossible yesterday for New England Patriots fans to buy tickets online for this Sunday's AFC Championship game in Indianapolis.

The Colts put nearly 1,000 tickets on sale, but the only people who could buy them were walk-up customers at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis and at Ticketmaster outlets in Indiana and Louisville, Ky. No tickets were sold online or by phone.

Lynda Frank of Tewksbury, who drew attention to a similar locals-only San Diego Chargers policy last week, said shutting out New England fans is not going to help the Colts prevail over the Patriots.

"It didn't work for the Chargers and it's not going to work for the Colts, either," she said. The Patriots upset the Chargers 24-21 on Sunday.

A Colts spokesman referred calls to another official with the team, who could not be reached for comment.

The Chargers last week caused an uproar across New England by restricting the sale of the few remaining tickets to residents of Southern California. A Chargers spokesman said the team wanted to solidify home-field advantage by restricting sales to people with credit cards with billing addresses in Southern California.

The Chicago Bears, who play host on Sunday to the New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship game, also are restricting sales to locals. The remaining tickets for that game go on sale online and by phone this morning through Ticketmaster, but only credit cards with Illinois or Northwest Indiana billing addresses will be accepted.

The National Football League has no policy against locals-only ticket restrictions, and lawyers consulted by the Globe say the policies would be legal unless specifically prohibited by state laws.

For Patriots fans who want to go to Indianapolis for the game, the only ticket option now is the secondary-ticket market. Indiana has virtually no antiscalping regulations, so fans are free to resell and buy tickets for whatever price they want. Tickets appear to be plentiful on websites like Ticketliquidator, Ticketsnow, and StubHub.

The Colts list San Francisco-based reseller StubHub Inc. as the club's official secondary-ticket marketplace. The Chargers and the Bears have a similar relationship with StubHub.

By contrast, the Patriots are suing StubHub, alleging the company encourages fans to resell their tickets on the website in violation of the rarely enforced Massachusetts antiscalping law, which limits markups on resales to $2 above face value. StubHub has countersued , claiming the team is trying to monopolize the secondary market for its tickets.

Sean Pate , a StubHub spokesman, said that as of yesterday afternoon there were more than 1,500 seats for the Patriots-Colts game listed for sale by fans on StubHub. Prices ranged from $265 for a seat in the upper level to $2,500 for a seat in the TD Club, which is located next to the field around the 50-yard line. The face value of Colts-Patriots tickets was not available on the team's website, and team officials could not be reached for comment.

The average price of a ticket for the Colts-Patriots game on StubHub was $437, said Pate, who called it "a relative bargain" for an AFC Championship game. He said the free market for ticket resales in Indiana helps keep prices down.

"It basically floods the market with tickets so it keeps the prices more reasonable than they normally would be," Pate said. He estimated the average price would be $600 to $700 if the game were in Massachusetts, where the price of ticket resales is restricted. Beacon Hill lawmakers are currently considering changes in the state's ticketing laws.

Pate said he was disappointed to hear that the Chargers, Bears, and Colts were restricting the initial sale of their tickets to locals. He said StubHub, which is in the process of being bought by eBay for $310 million, opposes any restriction on ticket sales.

"Who's to say your fan base lives only in a certain area code?" he asked.

Rhonda Park of Kansas City was one of several football fans around the country who contacted the Globe after it reported on the Chargers' locals-only policy last week. She said teams should be required to sell tickets to fans of the opposing team.

"This is not right," she said of the locals-only policies. "I am a true Kansas City Chiefs fan and if they were to do that I would be ashamed of my team and city."

Frank, the Patriots fan from Tewksbury, said she has no plans to go to the Colts game but is hoping to watch the Patriots play in the Super Bowl in Miami, where her daughter lives.

"I have less fear of the Colts than I did of the Chargers," she said.

Bruce Mohl can be reached at mohl@globe.com.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 16 2007, 07:10 PM)
Are there any Colts fans on here??

unsure.gif

I've met one in my life.

Met my first Seahawks fan last year and encountered my first Chargers fan this year.

Never sniffed a Pats fan until '96.

are you trying to insinuate that all Pats fans now are bandwagoners? if so, prior to Manning going to Indy, how many Colts fans did you see around, who weren't originally from Baltimore? how many Charger fans did you see around between 1995 and 2004 when they started winning again? Ravens fans prior to 2000? There are bandwagoners for all teams, but you will find that the core of Pats fans are true to their team. At least me and the people I know are.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 16 2007, 08:20 PM)
are you trying to insinuate that all Pats fans now are bandwagoners? if so, prior to Manning going to Indy, how many Colts fans did you see around, who weren't originally from Baltimore? how many Charger fans did you see around between 1995 and 2004 when they started winning again? Ravens fans prior to 2000? There are bandwagoners for all teams, but you will find that the core of Pats fans are true to their team. At least me and the people I know are.

I agree, but it's odd that I never saw one until 10 years ago laugh.gif I've been to a lot of cities in the US but never to Boston.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 16 2007, 07:01 PM)
-from DAN SHAUGHNESSY

It all started with Bill Belichick's shove of Globe photographer Jim Davis after the win over the Jets. But fallout from that boorish moment was nothing compared with the noise we're hearing from the crybaby Chargers. Lots of sour grapes here in Southern California.

When Nate Kaeding's 54-yard field goal attempt fell short and wide with three seconds left on the clock Sunday, many Patriots players stormed the field, with several dancing on the Chargers logo and spiking their helmets into the ground. Choke signs were flashed and Shawne Merriman's lights-out dance was mocked. Rosevelt Colvin and Vince Wilfork were particularly animated.

"When you're a three-time Super Bowl champion, I just wouldn't think you would need to act that way," he said. "But obviously that's the way they reacted to it and there's nothing we can do about it.

"You won the game and that was great. And we were obviously just going to congratulate them on going on, but when you start to further disrespect us, in my mind, you just don't do that. From my standpoint, Marty always tells us after the game to act like we've been there before. That's something that your coach always tells you. To me, if guys are acting like that, then it comes from top to bottom."

When he was reminded that Belichick could be his coach in this year's Pro Bowl, Tomlinson said, "I don't know how that would go over, but obviously I probably wouldn't say two words to him. I definitely wouldn't."

A couple of things must be said: First of all, the Chargers and Schottenheimer haven't "been there before," so how would they know how to act after a big win? In four quarters of immature, give-away football, the Chargers looked every bit the part of a team that never had been there before and didn't know how to play or behave in a big game.

The Patriots are the ones who have been there before and need no instructions from the bucket of Bolts who blew the big game. Also, many Patriots contend that the Chargers were smack-talkin' when they thrashed the Patriots in New England last season. And without doubt New England players were good and sick about hearing about the top-seeded, nine-Pro-Bowler Chargers and their undefeated home record.

That said, they could rein it in a little. No one is saying they need to win the Lady Byng Trophy, but a little decorum wouldn't hurt. The Patriots' historic run has been marked by professionalism as much as clutch performance. No need to go all Terrell Owens on us now.

By Dan Shaughnessy, Globe Columnist | January 16, 2007

biggrin.gif

The whole thing was very Terrel Owens'ish. yes.gif

But since it wasn't Terrel... it's okay right? PUH-LEEZ!!!

I LOVE Brady... and almost always root for the Pats when they're not playing the Chargers. But if they beat Indy... I will prolly root for EITHER NFC team because of this incident. It was very asshole'ish of them. It was very DaveyT of them. moon.gif

sorry, but anytime you dance after a sack or touchdown, you're terrell owens-ish, and deserve to be mocked when you lose. I say that about any player in any sport. You dance and celebrate because of one play and then lose, or worse, you pick against the team your playing when they have a halftime lead, trash talk don't back it up, and lose, (Merriman) then you deserve to be mocked. I don't care if it's Merriman, Ray Leiws, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, or whoever, it's quite funny, and whining about it makes you sound like a poor loser and worse, soft. Quickest way to stop people from celebrating on your home turf is to win the game.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 16 2007, 08:35 PM)
sorry, but anytime you dance after a sack or touchdown, you're terrell owens-ish, and deserve to be mocked when you lose. I say that about any player in any sport. You dance and celebrate because of one play and then lose, or worse, you pick against the team your playing when they have a halftime lead, trash talk don't back it up, and lose, (Merriman) then you deserve to be mocked. I don't care if it's Merriman, Ray Leiws, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, or whoever, it's quite funny, and whining about it makes you sound like a poor loser and worse, soft. Quickest way to stop people from celebrating on your home turf is to win the game.

no.gif

This was never the case UNTIL the TO incident. It's very un-proffessional. I actually don't care much for the Sack Dance of Merriman's anyway, but he wouldn't have done it on NE's HELMET at center field AFTER a game. It was classless. If I was the coach, the players would be fined heavily for it. yes.gif

I'm not saying the Pats dancing at mid field is the best thing they have ever done (the best celebration after a Pats post season win was the snow angels done by long snapper Lonny Paxton post Raiders game, and then after the Super Bowl in the end zone....that was just funny, and spur of the moment), however, if you allow taunting dances after sacks and touchdowns etc, then I see no problem with it after a game.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 16 2007, 08:50 PM)
I'm not saying the Pats dancing at mid field is the best thing they have ever done (the best celebration after a Pats post season win was the snow angels done by long snapper Lonny Paxton post Raiders game, and then after the Super Bowl in the end zone....that was just funny, and spur of the moment), however, if you allow taunting dances after sacks and touchdowns etc, then I see no problem with it after a game.

Me neither. "Game Over"

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2007, 08:52 PM)

Me neither. "Game Over"

I'm glad that I felt it was a shitty thing to do when Terrel did it at Dallass. I hope you all feel the same way when it happens to your team.

No one thought the guy from Dallass who whacked TO was a baby. So how come it's not the same for LT??? Hmmm?

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 16 2007, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2007, 08:52 PM)

Me neither. "Game Over"

I'm glad that I felt it was a shitty thing to do when Terrel did it at Dallass. I hope you all feel the same way when it happens to your team.

No one thought the guy from Dallass who whacked TO was a baby. So how come it's not the same for LT??? Hmmm?

It was the end of the game. It just seems a little different to me. As far as that peckerwood TO goes, we should have stopped him. And after all, we know that he has zero class.

the difference is, the player in question actually did something about it, rather than whining about it. At the end of a playoff loss, it just sounds like whining and crying because you didn't win, and trying to deflect criticism for losing. I may be wrong, but that is the impression it leaves.

Its poor sportsmanship. Youd never see Terry Bradshaw or Roger Stauback or Joe Montana doing that. z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif pokey.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jan 16 2007, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 16 2007, 08:20 PM)
are you trying to insinuate that all Pats fans now are bandwagoners?  if so, prior to Manning going to Indy, how many Colts fans did you see around, who weren't originally from Baltimore?  how many Charger fans did you see around between 1995 and 2004 when they started winning again?  Ravens fans prior to 2000?  There are bandwagoners for all teams, but you will find that the core of Pats fans are true to their team.  At least me and the people I know are.

I agree, but it's odd that I never saw one until 10 years ago laugh.gif I've been to a lot of cities in the US but never to Boston.

To me the Colts will always be that great team with Johnny Unitas, not the sniveling bastards that snuck out of Baltimore in the middle of the night. I have latent dislike for the Mannings due to the boob in NY ... so unfortunately no love here for Indy smile.gif

I'd like ot see a Pats-NO Super Bowl

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 16 2007, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 16 2007, 07:01 PM)
-from DAN SHAUGHNESSY

By Dan Shaughnessy, Globe Columnist  |  January 16, 2007

biggrin.gif

The whole thing was very Terrel Owens'ish. yes.gif

But since it wasn't Terrel... it's okay right? PUH-LEEZ!!!

I LOVE Brady... and almost always root for the Pats when they're not playing the Chargers. But if they beat Indy... I will prolly root for EITHER NFC team because of this incident. It was very asshole'ish of them. It was very DaveyT of them. moon.gif

I have to disagree with you .

First this wasn't in the middle of a game after someone else made a play like Merriman did several times Sunday.

Second the amount of taunting on the Charges side was out of control so much so that they got a 15 yard penalty for headbutting.

Now if they Ran out in the middle of the game jumped on the Bolts Logo and did the Lights Out Dance I would agree with you it would have been T.O'ish

Was it called for Maybe The Team that Taunted everyone they played all year got Taunted themselfs after they lost a game they threw away with dumb decision both on the field and on the sidelines

Am I shocked NE did yes.gif but I am tired of them being the "jolly glee we played a good game they played a good game" of the NFL meanwhile everyone just slams them as a Fraud in a waterdown league ETC.

Edited by Batman

i sort of like what the pats did because it was funny as hell!!! i can only imagine what it looked like when they did 'lights out.' gay!

IN YO FACE (f)erriman! the chargers are such crybabies! talking all that shit; what did they expect?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumb!