THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 7 2007, 04:35 PM)
Yeah... we'll make a bet. Lemme know what you want to bet on.

i will bet you a case of corona bottles w/lemons & a rush program that the PATS will not lose by 14 points like you said they would. tie goes to me.

bumper.gif

I talk a lot of trash, but if there's any AFC team that really scares me, it's NE. I'm a Michigan fan too, so i've been a Tom Brady fan a looonnnng time. yes.gif The guy's 11 and 1 in the playoffs. I just don't think his weapons will help him much against the Charger D. no.gif

And their D can't stop LT. no.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 7 2007, 07:51 PM)
I talk a lot of trash, but if there's any AFC team that really scares me, it's NE. I'm a Michigan fan too, so i've been a Tom Brady fan a looonnnng time. yes.gif The guy's 11 and 1 in the playoffs. I just don't think his weapons will help him much against the Charger D. no.gif

put up or shut up:

accept THE BET angry.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 7 2007, 10:51 PM)

oh boy, the Pats D is going to eat Rivers alive. If they can torment and rattle experienced Qb's in the playoffs, I shudder to think what they'll do to Rivers (see Pennington, Manning, McNair, Gannon, Warner for examples). their coach is a choke artist extrordinare (see the Drive for evidence). the Pats coaching staff knows how to keep explosive backs under wraps- for evidence, see SB XXXVI (Marshal Faulk) or any Pats-Colts playoff game (the Edge). LT is going to get to know Vince Wilfork and Teddy Bruschi real well if he tries to go up the gut, and he'll get really well acquainted with Mike Vrabl and Tully Banta-Cain if he goes outside. As for the Chargers D, Brady has picked apart better (Titans in 2003, Panthers in SB XXXVIII, Steelers in 2004, Eagles in SB XXIX). On the Pats offense, they said the Pats couldn't hang with the Rams in the Super Bowl because they didn't have the weapons to stack up against them. From my point of view, the Rams were a better offense, and the Pats offensive weapons are better now (Grahm, Watson, Dillion, Maroney, Caldwell, and old Mr Reliable- Troy Brown). All in all, I see the Pats getting a date with the Ravens for the AFC title........and then a trip to Miami.

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ Jan 7 2007, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 7 2007, 10:51 PM)
I talk a lot of trash, but if there's any AFC team that really scares me, it's NE.  I'm a Michigan fan too, so i've been a Tom Brady fan a looonnnng time.  yes.gif  The guy's 11 and 1 in the playoffs.  I just don't think his weapons will help him much against the Charger D.  no.gif 

And their D can't stop LT.  no.gif

oh boy, the Pats D is going to eat Rivers alive. If they can torment and rattle experienced Qb's in the playoffs, I shudder to think what they'll do to Rivers (see Pennington, Manning, McNair, Gannon, Warner for examples). their coach is a choke artist extrordinare (see the Drive for evidence). the Pats coaching staff knows how to keep explosive backs under wraps- for evidence, see SB XXXVI (Marshal Faulk) or any Pats-Colts playoff game (the Edge). LT is going to get to know Vince Wilfork and Teddy Bruschi real well if he tries to go up the gut, and he'll get really well acquainted with Mike Vrabl and Tully Banta-Cain if he goes outside. As for the Chargers D, Brady has picked apart better (Titans in 2003, Panthers in SB XXXVIII, Steelers in 2004, Eagles in SB XXIX). On the Pats offense, they said the Pats couldn't hang with the Rams in the Super Bowl because they didn't have the weapons to stack up against them. From my point of view, the Rams were a better offense, and the Pats offensive weapons are better now (Grahm, Watson, Dillion, Maroney, Caldwell, and old Mr Reliable- Troy Brown). All in all, I see the Pats getting a date with the Ravens for the AFC title........and then a trip to Miami.

goodpost.gif

You can quote all the PAST games the Pats have played against other teams all you want. But the best measuring stick I see is the last time NE played SD. Just last season... final score... 41-17 in favor of SD. SD destroyed the Pats. This year... we're better... and NE isn't.

But it was still nice of you to post the highlights of the past games against other teams I need to see. z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 8 2007, 05:08 PM)
You can quote all the PAST games the Pats have played against other teams all you want. But the best measuring stick I see is the last time NE played SD. Just last season... final score... 41-17 in favor of SD. SD destroyed the Pats. This year... we're better... and NE isn't.

But it was still nice of you to post the highlights of the past games against other teams I need to see. z7shysterical.gif

unsure.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 8 2007, 02:08 PM)
You can quote all the PAST games the Pats have played against other teams all you want. But the best measuring stick I see is the last time NE played SD. Just last season... final score... 41-17 in favor of SD.

ur DUMB! you just said the past isn't important and then contradict urself by saying past experiences are important. DUMB!

Just last season... final score... 41-17 in favor of SD.

you should know better than to use the past as a measuring stick when all NFL coaches ridicule this type of thinking.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 8 2007, 06:54 PM)
You can quote all the PAST games the Pats have played against other teams all you want.  But the best measuring stick I see is the last time NE played SD.  Just last season... final score... 41-17 in favor of SD.

ur DUMB! you just said the past isn't important and then contradict urself by saying past experiences are important. DUMB!

Wasn't a contradiction, I was just letting the person who thinks the past is so important know that the last time the two teams in question faced each other, The Pats got CRUSHED.

I was using his reasoning against him.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 9 2007, 01:38 PM)
Wasn't a contradiction

yes it was:

mr. mystic said that by looking into the past, it doesn't bode well for the chargers.

you said past isn't important except for the LAST game. which is the past.

your measuring stick is like an inch compared to mystic's foot-long example.

wacko.gif .

necro, if you want to site one example of Pats getting crushed, fine, let me site another, and take you back to Haloween, 2004, the Pats got their heads handed to them by Big Ben and the Steelers, ending a 21 game win streak. Next time the Pats saw them it was back in Pittsburgh, New England slaughtered the Steelers, and the Pats left with the AFC title. Belicheck is a master at relaiazing mistakes and adjusting, as Shotenheimer is a master at choking away wins. Shottenhiemer is one of the worst playoff coaches in the history of the NFL, while Belicheck is tied with some guy named Lombardi for best winning percentage by a head coach in the playoffs......until further notice, any team coached by Shottenheimer in the post season is a team waiting to choke, as is any team lead by Tony Dungy or Herm Edwards (notice that both of the latter were once asistants to the former?). If you wish to disregard the Past dominance over the last few seasons in the playoffs, and Shottenheimers poor playoff record, then fine, but also throw out the Chargers win last year in Foxboro. Either the past matters or it does not, you can't have it both ways. Fine, the Pats got killed last time they played the Bolts, I'll give you that. But this is the playoffs, and you have a first year starter and a horrible coach, against a three time super bowl wining coach, a 2 time super bowl mvp, and a team core that knows exactly how to win in the playoffs. Pats will win, and the Chargers will be looking for a new coach on monday.

look for Bellicheck to blitz early and often to rattle Rivers, and for the Pats to go 5 wide and no huddle on their first series. I wonder if the Chargers will be the latest team not to realize that when the Pats have third or fourth and 1-3 yards, they are going to run the QB draw. Seems like Brady pulls that play off about 5 times a game, and always gets the first down.......

Marty better not try the same strategy that won them the game in NE, or Belechik will embarrass him. I look for a low scoring, tight game that might just out do last nights. Get your popcorn ready! smile.gif