THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

daveyt

Remember this one?

I never did understand why the refs. allowed it. :P The video is poor.

I love that game. That little whiny baby Shula went to the rules committee and made sure that wouldn't happen again.

I remember people talking about the NY Rangers' 40 year Stanley Cup drought before 1994. No idea why we don't hear more about the Dolphins' 41 year run.

You know,

I have always hated that a coach is allowed to be on any rules commitee in any sport. Too much influence. It should be folks that are not related to any team.

• Like 1

Remember this one?

I love that game. That little whiny baby Shula went to the rules committee and made sure that wouldn't happen again.

I remember people talking about the NY Rangers' 40 year Stanley Cup drought before 1994. No idea why we don't hear more about the Dolphins' 41 year run.

No wonder New England and especially Massachusetts sends a buch of kleptocrats to Washington.

The best thing about not being a Patriot fan is not having to justify situational ethics to your kids.

• Like 2

Remember this one?

So you think home teams should be allowed to manipulate the field conditions to their own advantage?

Remember this one?

So you think home teams should be allowed to manipulate the field conditions to their own advantage?

The end justifies the means.

Almost feels like I'm back in SOCN.

• Like 1

Remember this one?

Why?

Remember this one?

Why?

The end justifies the means passes.for airtight logic among some people there.

Remember this one?

No. But the Colts famously pumped in sound over the PA to make the stadium louder for opposing teams. On an admittedly lesser scale the Dolphins make visitors wear their dark uniforms to take advantage of the weather conditions. Seattle's home field advantage is partially owing to the construction of their stadium, and how it magnifies the crowd's noise.

Mostly though it's because it happened to the Dolphins and that baby Shula cried about it.

• Like 2

Remember this one?

No, but like I said, it's nice that it happened to that whiny little baby Shula. fists%20crying.gif

Remember this one?

No. But the Colts famously pumped in sound over the PA to make the stadium louder for opposing teams. On an admittedly lesser scale the Dolphins make visitors wear their dark uniforms to take advantage of the weather conditions. Seattle's home field advantage is partially owing to the construction of their stadium, and how it magnifies the crowd's noise.

Mostly though it's because it happened to the Dolphins and that baby Shula cried about it.

You forgot that the home fans cheer for their team...that's pretty much the same, too.

• Like 1

Remember this one?

You forgot that the home fans cheer for their team...that's pretty much the same, too.

Do they still cheer in Miami for the team? Why?

Remember this one?

I realize being a Patriot fan your experience is limited to fair weather fandom, but there are places in the league where people show up for when teams are of varying quality. And without an annoying horn blaring every time there's a third down.

Not to say that NE doesn't have some fans that show up when they suck. Too bad they're limited to the kind that don't allow the NFL to schedule night games for the safety of people in the stands.

Remember this one?

I realize being a Patriot fan your experience is limited to fair weather fandom, but there are places in the league where people show up for when teams are of varying quality. And without an annoying horn blaring every time there's a third down.

Not to say that NE doesn't have some fans that show up when they suck. Too bad they're limited to the kind that don't allow the NFL to schedule night games for the safety of people in the stands.

That hurts. I've already told the story of being in the stands on Christmas Eve 1989, when the Patriots lost to the Rams 14-0. It was brutally cold and the Patriots were on their way to being 1-15.

You're just mad because you were a front runner in the early 1970s and now you know you've hitched your star to a team mired in a 41 year championship drought.

EDIT: Funny story about the horn. When the Patriots started doing it a couple of years ago, my wife asked why they did that. I told her the Bruins must have scored a goal in their game. I'm pretty sure my wife repeated that story to someone as if it were true.

Edited by Rick N. Backer

Remember this one?

That hurts. I've already told the story of being in the stands on Christmas Eve 1989, when the Patriots lost to the Rams 14-0. It was brutally cold and the Patriots were on their way to being 1-15.

You're just mad because you were a front runner in the early 1970s and now you know you've hitched your star to a team mired in a 41 year championship drought.

Who's mad? And who's hitched their star to anything? I have as much impact on the success and failure of my team as you do, which is to say, not at all.

Remember this one?

Who's mad? And who's hitched their star to anything? I have as much impact on the success and failure of my team as you do, which is to say, not at all.

Who said anything about impacting the game's outcome? I just meant you root for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 41 years.

Remember this one?

Who said anything about impacting the game's outcome? I just meant you root for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in 41 years.

And my life is pretty much the same as it would be if they'd won 10.

Remember this one?

And my life is pretty much the same as it would be if they'd won 10.

Well, you'd have more "Miami Dolphins, Super Bowl [insert roman numeral] Champions" t-shirts to wear. :)

Remember this one?

No, but like I said, it's nice that it happened to that whiny little baby Shula. fists%20crying.gif

If you dislike Shula for being whiny, you must wish Brady would rot in hell.

Remember this one?

Not to mention Red Sox fans, who have mastered the art of whining over such a long time, they continued to do it through winning titles. I'm sure you'd rather been dead than associated with such consummate whiners.

Remember this one?

Not to mention Red Sox fans, who have mastered the art of whining over such a long time, they continued to do it through winning titles. I'm sure you'd rather been dead than associated with such consummate whiners.

Sox fans Whine about what exactly? I've nothing to bitch about, after 2004 I'm good for 10 years and every championship thereafter. I'm good till I meet my end.

• Like 1

Remember this one?

How can you dislike someone who is about to play in his 6th Super Bowl?

Shula kept bitching and moaning long after 1973-1974. That's a long time for someone who had so few important wins after that.

Remember this one?

Sox fans haven't really whined much since 2004. I'm glad it stopped. People started to hate us more than Yankee fans. Do you know how bad you have to be to be disliked more than the biggest jerk offs on Earth?

Remember this one?

Sox fans haven't really whined much since 2004. I'm glad it stopped. People started to hate us more than Yankee fans. Do you know how bad you have to be to be disliked more than the biggest jerk offs on Earth?

The reason the Sox are so hated is the combination of douchery and whining that has accompanied you since 2004. Even as a Yankee fan, I almost wanted you guys to win the Series in 2004 out of pity. I mean, it was a rivalry like the Globetrotters and the Generals are a rivalry. But the behavior of the fans in the next years made that go away quickly. The thing is, I had a same reaction to the Pats in 2001, but because I didn't move back to the states until 2004, I didn't realize what bitchy assholes all the fans had become.

Remember this one?

The reason the Sox are so hated is the combination of douchery and whining that has accompanied you since 2004. Even as a Yankee fan, I almost wanted you guys to win the Series in 2004 out of pity. I mean, it was a rivalry like the Globetrotters and the Generals are a rivalry. But the behavior of the fans in the next years made that go away quickly. The thing is, I had a same reaction to the Pats in 2001, but because I didn't move back to the states until 2004, I didn't realize what bitchy assholes all the fans had become.

You must have run into the wrong kind of fans.....but then again you have those kinds of fans with ALL TEAMS in major sports in in America.

DEFLATEGATE CONTINUES.....

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2015/01/report_patriots_may_have_deflated_footballs_for_af.html

B7xDxzGCIAIwhzk.jpg

PATRIOTS may not be allowed to play the Super Bowl as punishment, this kind of cheating can't continue. I think that would be appropriate, what do you think.

Peace

That's really disappointing. I hate the Ravens, but I respected him before this. Now he sounds like a poor loser, and he knows the "cheating" thing is going to have resonance with people who hate the Patriots.

“Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out,” Brady said. :laughing guy: