The Food Thread

ladirushfan80

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Best Bud is gettin a new kitchen and its all gutted right now... and there getting sick of take out food....soooooo i made a HUGE pot of tater soup and brought them some, gave some to my patient and to my parents..and saved some for myself. Its so easy to make this soup!!!

I buy taters,onions,chicken broth,pint of 1/2 & 1/2... and some cheese,bacon bits,scallions to top it off with.

Just cut up taters and onions in big chunks and put in broth...Bring to boil

In nuther smaller pot I cut up small chunks of taters an bring to boil in water till tender( only cuz i like chunks of taters in my soup...to each his own)

once taters an onions are tender nuff i get my hand blender out an blend them in with the broth makin it smooth, Right in the same pot..add in 1/2&1/2 an blend it lil more...Add the lil chunks of taters from other pot in soup..and its done! drool1.gif

add the cheese an bacon bits on top along with some chives if wanted and u got urself a good hearty meal...pretty much a 1 pot meal or 2 if u want it chunky..and u dont even have to peel the skins off the taters!!!

I love quik easy meals that tastes like u cooked ALLLL day. applaudit.gif

Well, for the first time in a while I felt like cooking tonight.

Boneless pork chops sauteed w/ fresh rosemary & thyme in olive oil, baby potatoes done in same. and brandied cinnamon apples.

Goddess it feels good to cook a real meal again :-)

I love to cook, but between school & this bout of bronchitis I have been existing on chicken broth and whatever I can find on the way home. I think next week will be homemade bread week. I just got a recipe for parmesan herb bread that I want to try. Anyone here bake bread?

rose.gif

Veal Parmasan with spagetti in a butter/garlic sauce...

it was pretty good!

even better... I didnt make it!

A whole lot better then what I had for lunch... Chicken, Leatuce and Cheese in a wrap... cafeteria food...! wacko.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 6 2005, 07:18 PM)

I think next week will be homemade bread week. I just got a recipe for parmesan herb bread that I want to try. Anyone here bake bread?
rose.gif

I make a mean banana bread. Whole wheat flour, honey, etc. Does that count?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 6 2005, 11:08 PM)
QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Jan 6 2005, 07:18 PM)

I think next week will be homemade bread week. I just got a recipe for parmesan herb bread that I want to try. Anyone here bake bread?
rose.gif

I make a mean banana bread. Whole wheat flour, honey, etc. Does that count?

Umm...YEAH! It counts.

drool1.gif

Tonight for dinner I am making BBQed Pork Steaks! YUM! Smothered in BBQ sauce to soak in all day till I cook it tonight.

Mom sent ova some of her homemade beef barley veggie soup drool1.gif

(we call her the soup natzi..she makes like 5 differant soups a month lol and we all fight over em..she tells us to behave or "NO Soup 4U" ) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Jan 7 2005, 01:01 PM)
Mom sent ova some of her homemade beef barley veggie soup  drool1.gif

(we call her the soup natzi..she makes like 5 differant soups a month lol and we all fight over em..she tells us to behave or "NO Soup 4U" )  biggrin.gif

Donna,

Does she share recipes, and does she have one for tomato bisque? Canned soups are really salty, so I like to make them myself.

Ill be sure to ask her when im speaking to her gain lol

she said some "mom" thangs to me that id rather stay away from her for few days...weeks b4 i speak to her gain, Who knows what id spew out if i dont let a few dayz pass to semi 4get the comment

but yea ill ask ..she dont cook with salt due to my dads high blood pressure, 1/2 the time u dont even have to add the salt.

No Prob smile.gif

the fresh salsa:

1can black beans, drained, rinsed

1 can corn, also drained & rinsed ( i have use about 15 oz of frozen &/or fresh corn too)

1 red, or yellow pepper, chopped

green onion/scallions, chopped

1 red onion, chopped

1 or 2 cloves of garlic (chopped....)

1 med tomato...also chopped... (i'm beginning to sound redundant...)

fresh cilantro chopped (about 1 Tablespoon, but add more or less...your desire)

couple splashes of hot sauce (again, to your own liking)

1 Tablespoon Lime juice (can use lemon if no lime is around)

and...about a 1/3-1/2 C of Italian dressing

mix all that up together... let it chill out for a while in the frig....

drain some of the juices and serve with those Tostitos scoop chips...or any kind of tortilla chips ya got...

i love this stuff and make it year round...but this time of year most of the ingredients i get from my garden...

doesn't get any better... it's heart healthy.... flavor full..and it's a hit at every gathering we go to!!!

enjoy!!!!!

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Nov 12 2005, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 12 2005, 01:20 PM)
  that sounds awesome! http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/tasty.gif i'm gonna use this next time...i'll just have to half it.  No!  wait, leftover meatloaf sandwiches are tasty, too.

thanks, ladi!    trink39.gif

Hell yea! that sounds REALLY Yummy!

Ill have to have Indy make it up ,I HATE touchin Raw meat 062802puke_prv.gif

Makes me gag dealin with raw meat..I go to the butcher and he does ALL my trimmin and cuttin of meats for me ,Even makes My meatloafs , So all i have to do is wash off whateva the meat is and cook it laugh.gif

but this one in the recipe has too many ingredients, so im sure he wont make that one for me unsure.gif He usualy makes my reg one with the meatloaf stuffed with cheese & has a packet of taco seasoning mixed in with the meat..Eva try that?? Its REally good yes.gif

ya Cook it with a jar of Salsa ontop of it.

But im forsure gonna try that recipe of urs Ladirush yes.gif

meatloaf is such a comfort food!! i love it!1

and like Rolinda......the leftovers are yummy!! i'm not much for leftovers....except my homemade mac n cheese....and meatloaf!!

the person who i got this recipe from Donna said he uses a potato masher to mix it up, that way he doesn't get his hands all messy.....

so, try that next time, if your butcher won't mix all of these ingredients for you....

another way i make meatloaf is to add oatmeal instead of or in addition to bread crumbs.... and sometimes i use V-8 or bloody mary mix instead of tomato sauce or ketchup...

i have also used salsa many many times in the mixture...not just on top!! that's really good too!!

glad people are finding the recipe...and like it!!!

I know that I am just a boy wink.gif , but I like to bake cookies with my 2 girls. Oatmeal Chocoate Chip, Marzipzan, Sugar Cookies ( we paint them with powered sugar icing). I also have a cookie press that we make fun cookies with for the holidays.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 13 2005, 05:10 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Nov 12 2005, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 12 2005, 01:20 PM)
  that sounds awesome! http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/tasty.gif i'm gonna use this next time...i'll just have to half it.  No!  wait, leftover meatloaf sandwiches are tasty, too.

thanks, ladi!    trink39.gif

Hell yea! that sounds REALLY Yummy!

Ill have to have Indy make it up ,I HATE touchin Raw meat 062802puke_prv.gif

Makes me gag dealin with raw meat..I go to the butcher and he does ALL my trimmin and cuttin of meats for me ,Even makes My meatloafs , So all i have to do is wash off whateva the meat is and cook it laugh.gif

but this one in the recipe has too many ingredients, so im sure he wont make that one for me unsure.gif He usualy makes my reg one with the meatloaf stuffed with cheese & has a packet of taco seasoning mixed in with the meat..Eva try that?? Its REally good yes.gif

ya Cook it with a jar of Salsa ontop of it.

But im forsure gonna try that recipe of urs Ladirush yes.gif

meatloaf is such a comfort food!! i love it!1

and like Rolinda......the leftovers are yummy!! i'm not much for leftovers....except my homemade mac n cheese....and meatloaf!!

the person who i got this recipe from Donna said he uses a potato masher to mix it up, that way he doesn't get his hands all messy.....

so, try that next time, if your butcher won't mix all of these ingredients for you....

another way i make meatloaf is to add oatmeal instead of or in addition to bread crumbs.... and sometimes i use V-8 or bloody mary mix instead of tomato sauce or ketchup...

i have also used salsa many many times in the mixture...not just on top!! that's really good too!!

glad people are finding the recipe...and like it!!!

Take crackers and crush them up in your hand. Thats the only way I make meatloaf! I use the salty ones too and it adds a great flavor. So heres my very simple and very yummy meatloaf recipe. I have to have it simple or I aint making it! I hate to cook!

3lbs Hamburger

3 Eggs

1 1/2 packages onion soup mix

crushed crackers, add an amount to make ya happy

ketchup, probably about 1/4 cup. enough to slightly tint it pink

Mix it all up, mold it into a pan and put a swipe or 2 of ketchup across the top. Bake at 350 till done.

You can increase it too. 1/2 package of onion soup mix for every pound of hamburger and 1 egg per pound. I usually have to make 4 lbs of hamburger for the meatloaf and end up using one package of crackers. There is rarely leftovers.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 14 2005, 01:22 AM)
I know that I am just a boy wink.gif , but I like to bake cookies with my 2 girls.  Oatmeal Chocoate Chip, Marzipzan, Sugar Cookies ( we paint them with powered sugar icing).  I also have a cookie press that we make fun cookies with for the holidays.

Digi Man is a Cookie Monster http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/cookie2.jpg yes.gif

Girls, Boys, cookies are good for Everyone 653.gif

and alot of fun to spend time with the kids making them smile.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Nov 14 2005, 12:44 AM)
Since the holiday season will soon be here..

Does anyone like to bake

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/cookiemonster.gifhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/cookies.jpghttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/cookiemonster.gif

smile.gif

yes.gif

i love making cookies for the holiday!!

a couple of years ago, i was in a cookie exchange and loved it!!

Archived