• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now im bakin

Oatmeal,chocolate chip,coconut cookies drool1.gif

MY Fav

I got a 6 inch sub.

Veggie version.

Lettuce, Tomato, Green Pepper, Cucumber, Red Oinion and Tzatziki Sauce.

Compliments of the sandwhich booth in the dinning hall at the school.

i am making these today to take to my MIL's tomorrow.... drool1.gif

Outrageous Brownies

1 pound unsalted butter

1 pound plus 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, divided

6 ounces unsweetened chocolate

6 extra-large eggs

3 tablespoons instant coffee powder

2 tablespoons real vanilla extract

2 1/4 cups sugar

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup for batter and 1/4 cup in the chips and nuts)

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 teaspoon kosher salt

3 cups diced walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.

Melt together the butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.

Stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Halfway through the baking, rap the pan against the oven shelf to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Do not over-bake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 23 2005, 10:19 AM)

Outrageous Brownies

1 pound unsalted butter
6 extra-large eggs
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided (1 cup for batter and 1/4 cup in the chips and nuts)
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 by 18 by 1 1/2-inch sheet pan.
Melt together the butter, 1 pound chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate on top of a double boiler. Cool slightly. Stir together the eggs, instant coffee, vanilla and sugar. Stir in the warm chocolate mixture and cool to room temperature.

Stir together 1 cup of the flour, baking powder and salt. Add to cooled chocolate mixture. Toss the walnuts and 12 ounces of chocolate chips with 1/4 cup flour to coat. Then add to the chocolate batter. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for about 30 minutes, or until tester just comes out clean. Halfway through the baking, rap the pan against the oven shelf to allow air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Do not over-bake! Cool thoroughly, refrigerate well and cut into squares.

I think I am going to make these today too yes.gif

And I'm not taking mine anywhere laugh.gif

Outrageous Brownies YUMMY wub.gif

MMMMMMM.. i LOVE this thread. I love to cook and will be hanging out here more. Hope you don't mind. I won't make any disparaging remarks toward neil in this thread. PROMISE. laugh.gif

The meatloaf recipe on the preceding page will be tried next. I LOVE meatloaf and experiment with each new one.

My last one was

3# hamburg

4 eggs

1/2 cup italian breadcrumbs

ketchup. no idea how much. just to add a bit of zing to it.

cheese. after filling pan halfway a layer two slices up.

and about 1/4 barbecue sauce. I'd been marinating venison steaks and i had some leftover, so i put it in the meatloaf. It turned out sooo awesome.

pepper and salt of course.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 23 2005, 10:19 AM)

Outrageous Brownies

1 pound unsalted butter
6 extra-large eggs
2 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt

ladirushfan80 your brownies are AMAZING yes.gif

Extremley YUMMY smile.gif

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b172/shan2112/brownies.jpg

My daughter took some in to school today to share with the class..they are a BIG hit with the Grade 7s ( they were all bouncing off the walls I'm sure) laugh.gif Chocolate in the morning bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Nov 24 2005, 02:24 PM)

My daughter took some in to school today to share with the class..they are a BIG hit with the Grade 7s ( they were all bouncing off the walls I'm sure) laugh.gif Chocolate in the morning bncegrn.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/9971/encore.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/9971/encore.gifhttp://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/9971/encore.gif

thank you.. glad you made them!! and i'm glad they were enjoyed by many...

they were a hit @ my MIL's house too....

i was able to save a few for when my daughters come home from utah....

you definately need a tall glass of milk with them to wash down... that is for sure!!!

Archived