Best albums out of print?

Slime

Which albums that RULE are, or were for a long time, out of print?

Which album needs an Indiana Jones style rescure from the archives of some record label?

Which records make you wish you had time warp abilities so you can bring them back in the future?

Discuss!

This is an interesting one. David Bowie's "Santa Monica 1972" live album is out of print, it was bootlegged for years, but finally released on CD in 1995, but sadly that CD is also out of print now.

I think the Roots' self-produced debut, Organix, is out of print, but I'm not sure.

And on the Rush side of things, both My Favorite Headache and Victor are out of print. You can't buy them new on Amazon anymore.

Rick Wright's Wet Dream

Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports and Profiles

Little River Band First Under the Wire

Steve Miller Band Circle of Love (OOP in the US)

Ozzy Osbourne first three albums (ORIGINAL VERSIONS)

Mono mixes of Pink Floyd's first two albums

original mixes of The Who's albums from Quadrophenia onward

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/AD_RaveOn.jpg

A power pop band out of Virginia during the middle 70's to 1980(not to be confused with a English band of the same name) with this gem "Rave On" there last studio release. I had this on eight track and played the hell out of it. Sadly success was not to be, for reasons unknown. For there songs were well crafted and catchy and were compared to The Faces(Lead vocal Billy Paliselli sounds like Rod Stewart) and Big Star. The only cities that embraced them were Cleveland and Pittsburgh.(They had a reunion concert in 1991 Cleveland agora and got together last year at The taste of Cleveland festival)

There first two albums were rereleased along while ago on cd,

Critically acclaimed debut album simply titled Artful Dodger and follow up Honor Among Thieves.

Isn't Warrior on the Edge of Time by Hawkwind out of print? And all the Gryphon albums?

I can't get No Place To Run by UFO on CD (new) anywhere. A f**king blinding LP. The first LP after the original departure of Mad Mickey, and the unstoppable Paul 'Tonka' Chapman took over. The original vinyl release was done in 6 separate coloured sleeves. Now there is a set of collectors items.

Vertical Horizon's first 3 records, "There and Back Again", "Running on Ice", and "Live Stages"...very different from the pop-oriented albums that followed. I downloaded TaBA and LS and found ROI used in an FYE.

Winter Rose's Self titled (and only) album appears to be out of print too. This was James LaBrie's (Dream Theater) first band, the album was released in 1989. Though it has an '80's cheese thing going in some parts, it's worth it for a DT fan, or anyone who wants to hear really good vocals

QUOTE (floydfanatic111 @ Feb 9 2007, 12:24 AM)
Rick Wright's Wet Dream
Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports and Profiles
Little River Band First Under the Wire
Steve Miller Band Circle of Love (OOP in the US)
Ozzy Osbourne first three albums (ORIGINAL VERSIONS)
Mono mixes of Pink Floyd's first two albums
original mixes of The Who's albums from Quadrophenia onward

Surely theres other bands besides Pink Floyd.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:40 PM)
I can't get No Place To Run by UFO on CD (new) anywhere. A f**king blinding LP. The first LP after the original departure of Mad Mickey, and the unstoppable Paul 'Tonka' Chapman took over. The original vinyl release was done in 6 separate coloured sleeves. Now there is a set of collectors items.

most of UFO's stuff is out of print in the U.S.

Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun

Crack The Sky - Photoflamingo

Archived