The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

Major upset last night, as Melinda Doolittle is sent packing.

I wanted her to win it all. Talent-wise, she was the best... and as the judges said, she was the most consistent throughout the competition with outstanding performances from Day One.

I'll miss Melinda. She was great, and oh so humble.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What can we say...America voted!!!

Melinda was in a class by herself.

Blake, UNFORTUNATELY appeals to all the pre-teens, and teeny-boppers who vote.

Hope Jordin takes it all.

melinda has a great future, its about tallent, not where you finish in this competition, just look at taylors hicks and his rise to fame. eyesre4.gif

Well I got what I wanted, a Blake/Jordin finale, but it's with great sadness. sad.gif

I must say that after Tuesday's performances, I really thought Melinda deserved to be in the finals and couldn't imagine the finale without her. I thought for sure she would get to the finals, and deservedly so.

Oh well, I still predict Blake will win just because of his originality.

I'm still pulling for Jordin though...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 17 2007, 09:54 AM)
Well I got what I wanted, a Blake/Jordin finale, but it's with great sadness. sad.gif

I must say that after Tuesday's performances, I really thought Melinda deserved to be in the finals and couldn't imagine the finale without her. I thought for sure she would get to the finals, and deservedly so.

Oh well, I still predict Blake will win just because of his originality.

I'm still pulling for Jordin though...

i think had melinda made the final, the assumption would have been, she is going to win, but the jordan, blake final makes for a finale thats anyones guess. i can definetely see this one going either way. anyway you slice it, this years winner is a better choice then last years.

I'd like to refer you all back to an old post of mine....

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21620&st=100

I called it! cool.gif biggrin.gif

btw, Melinda will have a huge career. She's a great singer, better than the others.

QUOTE (tick @ May 17 2007, 05:00 AM)
melinda has a great future, its about tallent, not where you finish in this competition, just look at taylors hicks and his rise to fame. eyesre4.gif

Yeah, Chris Daughtry finished like fourth or something, and he's having way more of a career than Taylor Hicks is. Out of the 5 Idols so far, the only ones who have had any staying power career-wise are Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 22 2007, 09:13 PM)
Definitely Blake based on tonight's performances. I don't care what the judges said.

Really??? unsure.gif

Man, I thought Jordin totally blew him away. yes.gif

I think him against Jordin really highlighted his shortcomings, which is he just isn't the powerful singer she is. Yes, he's got a great voice, is a great performer and will doubtlessly have an amazing career.

But I don't think he'll win American Idol, and after tonight, I don't think he deserves to. no.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 23 2007, 12:44 AM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ May 22 2007, 09:13 PM)
Definitely Blake based on tonight's performances. I don't care what the judges said.

Really??? unsure.gif

Man, I thought Jordin totally blew him away. yes.gif

I think him against Jordin really highlighted his shortcomings, which is he just isn't the powerful singer she is. Yes, he's got a great voice, is a great performer and will doubtlessly have an amazing career.

But I don't think he'll win American Idol, and after tonight, I don't think he deserves to. no.gif

http://www.pcimagenetwork.com/express/p6.jpg

"DAMN IT, I CANT GET THROUGH ! IF BLAKE DOESNT WIN I WILL KILL SOMEONE !!!"

BLAKE THE ROLLS ! 1022.gif rofl3.gif

jordin was way better last night. yes.gif

Sorry to crash your party!

But finally I saw something worthy to watch on AMERICAN IDIOT. Whoops! That's GREEN DAY!! I mean AMERICAN IDOL!

Joe Perry actually did a guitar solo!

Short but sweet!

So who is that lame crying blonde girl in the crowd.

Maybe I am getting to old. I don't get this show at all.

My 10 year old and 6 year old daughters love it though.

Zoe my oldest came into the den and told me that Joe Perry was on American Idol. So I actually listened to her.

Is Joe Perry the next Keith Richards? Joe looks like he's 28 years old.

Great guitar player in a sell out band.

Have fun with this thread........................................................ schla03.gif

Man, was that an awesome show or WHAT??? yes.gif

It's weird I know. I normally can't stand current popular music, and yet I'm such a sucker for this show. I enjoyed it more than the Academy Awards (and yes, I'm a sucker for that too). I was SOOOO happy that Jordin won! yes.gif biggrin.gif

And for all the haters: tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 01:34 AM)

It's weird I know. I normally can't stand current popular music, and yet I'm such a sucker for this show. I enjoyed it more than the Academy Awards (and yes, I'm a sucker for that too). I was SOOOO happy that Jordin won! yes.gif biggrin.gif

and you rip me cause i like christina aguilera eh.gif hypocrite yes.gif

It's over until January.

Once that hottie Haley Scarnato got the boot, and then the controversial Sanjaya too, I lost interest.

And I would've preferred Melinda Doolittle as the big winner.

QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 04:24 AM)

It's weird I know.  I normally can't stand current popular music, and yet I'm such a sucker for this show.  I enjoyed it more than the Academy Awards (and yes, I'm a sucker for that too).  I was SOOOO happy that Jordin won! yes.gif biggrin.gif

i guess the difference is that i would never actually BUY any of the albums by the AI winners or runners up, but i still admire their singing and the show.

i'm not sayin' you buy cristina aguilera albums cause maybe you don't.

anyway, whatever tongue.gif

Good news, AI fans!

Taylor Hicks is touring! Get your tickets now!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 10:00 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 04:24 AM)

It's weird I know.  I normally can't stand current popular music, and yet I'm such a sucker for this show.  I enjoyed it more than the Academy Awards (and yes, I'm a sucker for that too).  I was SOOOO happy that Jordin won! yes.gif biggrin.gif

i guess the difference is that i would never actually BUY any of the albums by the AI winners or runners up, but i still admire their singing and the show.

i'm not sayin' you buy cristina aguilera albums cause maybe you don't.

anyway, whatever tongue.gif

I dont own a Chritina Aguilera album(for the record) i have just said in the past that she is a true tallent, not to be lumped in with the Britney Spears, and Jessica simpsons of the world. I also have never owned an album by an AI artist, but why would you make the statement "i would never actually BUY an album by one of these artists." ? what if you really loved something they recorded, never say never.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 24 2007, 10:01 AM)
Good news, AI fans!

Taylor Hicks is touring! Get your tickets now!

1022.gif trink36.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 24 2007, 08:35 AM)
Well... it's safe to say that the finale (especially the announcing of the winner) was uneventful as hell. Looks like it's back to watching only the audtions and the finale for me...

See, and I thought the 2-hour finale show was one of the best things I'd ever seen on television.

Go figure... eh.gif

P.S. - I guess if you're not watching it every week or most weeks, you don't get as emotionally involved in the process...

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 03:14 PM)
Well... it's safe to say that the finale (especially the announcing of the winner) was uneventful as hell. Looks like it's back to watching only the audtions and the finale for me...

See, and I thought the 2-hour finale show was one of the best things I'd ever seen on television.

Go figure... eh.gif

P.S. - I guess if you're not watching it every week or most weeks, you don't get as emotionally involved in the process...

Once again, you hypocrite ! you ripped my thread on the Grammys saying how lame they were when all i was saying is the entertainment part of the Grammys was very entertaining. I enjoyed the performances by the artists that performed that night, but you came in that thread with a smug attitude saying " i cant even understand why anyone would start a thread about the Grammys." ITS OK HOWEVER TO LIKE A SHOW LIKE AMERICAN IDOL, WHICH REPRESENTS EVERTHING YOU HATE ABOUT THE GRAMMYS AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN GENERAL !!! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! YOU CANT SAY A THING GOOBS, YOU KNOW IM RIGHT !

QUOTE (tick @ May 24 2007, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 24 2007, 03:14 PM)

Go figure... eh.gif

Once again, you hypocrite ! you ripped my thread on the Grammys saying how lame they were when all i was saying is the entertainment part of the Grammys was very entertaining. I enjoyed the performances by the artists that performed that night, but you came in that thread with a smug attitude saying " i cant even understand why anyone would start a thread about the Grammys." ITS OK HOWEVER TO LIKE A SHOW LIKE AMERICAN IDOL, WHICH REPRESENTS EVERTHING YOU HATE ABOUT THE GRAMMYS AND THE MUSIC INDUSTRY IN GENERAL !!! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! HYPOCRITE ! YOU CANT SAY A THING GOOBS, YOU KNOW IM RIGHT !

You OK, bud?