• Pulp Fiction
    • Jackie Brown
    • Kill Bill volume 1
    • Kill Bill volume 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 24 2009, 09:52 AM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Jan 24 2009, 03:34 AM)
Didn't he also do that movie called "4 Rooms"?  Or did he just play in that?

I think he directed one of the segments, not the whole movie.

Oh yes - the last one, and what a segment that was! Genius.. Is the mystery of why Bruce Willis is not in the credits still unresolved?

Of my entire Tarentino collection I think I lean more towards Jackie Brown. I love the score to the movie, I have always thought Pam Grier was awesome since I was a kid in the 70's and the set up of Bridget Fonda and Robert De Niro "doing it" is just so disgusting it's classic.

Samuel L. Jackson - nuff said. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 26 2009, 11:36 AM)
Of my entire Tarentino collection I think I lean more towards Jackie Brown. I love the score to the movie, I have always thought Pam Grier was awesome since I was a kid in the 70's and the set up of Bridget Fonda and Robert De Niro "doing it" is just so disgusting it's classic.

Jackei Brown is my favorite right up there with Pulp... it grew on me, great film, story, characters. That scene was gross? tongue.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:39 AM)
Of my entire Tarentino collection I think I lean more towards Jackie Brown. I love the score to the movie, I have always thought Pam Grier was awesome since I was a kid in the 70's and the set up of Bridget Fonda and  Robert De Niro "doing it" is just so disgusting it's classic.

Jackei Brown is my favorite right up there with Pulp... it grew on me, great film, story, characters. That scene was gross? tongue.gif

No DeNiro is gross, no Fonda is gross. Together for 3 seconds? yes.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Such a Tarantino thing. It was the characters that grossed me out whence doing "it".

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 26 2009, 02:29 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 26 2009, 11:39 AM)
Of my entire Tarentino collection I think I lean more towards Jackie Brown. I love the score to the movie, I have always thought Pam Grier was awesome since I was a kid in the 70's and the set up of Bridget Fonda and  Robert De Niro "doing it" is just so disgusting it's classic.

No DeNiro is gross, no Fonda is gross. Together for 3 seconds? yes.gif 062802puke_prv.gif Such a Tarantino thing. It was the characters that grossed me out whence doing "it".

I get it laugh.gif Especially the romantic way in which it was suggested.. laugh.gif

I love DeNiro in JB! It seems like he always playes the same kinda guy in every single film of his, the only difference in JB is that his character is pathetic and uncool, whereas in every other film he's the coolness incarnate))).. It's amazing how he doesn't really ACT much different though)))

Had I seen this thread when I joined here, i would have voted for Kill Bill. Both of them. Yes, they are violent, but cartoonishly so. I like chop socky flicks.

Better yet though, I like Deathproof. I like '70's car movies even better than chop socky movies. I just watched Vanishing Point last night. I used to think I was a stunt driver in my younger years.

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jan 26 2009, 02:09 PM)
Had I seen this thread when I joined here, i would have voted for Kill Bill. Both of them. Yes, they are violent, but cartoonishly so. I like chop socky flicks.

Better yet though, I like Deathproof. I like '70's car movies even better than chop socky movies. I just watched Vanishing Point last night. I used to think I was a stunt driver in my younger years.

Vanishing Points rules! which is why I dug Death Proof.

Wow! I went with Pulp too, but I thought there'd be more votes for Reservoir Dogs than there are. Doesn't it have a cult following?

BTW, I think Tarantino is over-rated. One or two good movies, and that's it. What's so great about that??

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2009, 07:53 AM)

BTW, I think Tarantino is over-rated. One or two good movies, and that's it. What's so great about that??

I think those who love Tarantino recognise that he is very different the way he writes his films, especially his dialogues. Also, I have never seen any other film maker speak so enthusiastically about his work. Having watched so many hours of documentary features I have learned that what sets great films aside from just films is enthusiasm of those who make them... Which pretty much guarantees that a Tarantino film will a great one wink.gif

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 26 2009, 03:32 PM)
I love DeNiro in JB! It seems like he always playes the same kinda guy in every single film of his, the only difference in JB is that his character is pathetic and uncool, whereas in every other film he's the coolness incarnate))).. It's amazing how he doesn't really ACT much different though)))

biggrin.gif He was very uncool in JB. I do agree about all his other film roles being the same EXCEPT for his roll in 'BRAZIL'. Now that was different!

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jan 26 2009, 05:51 PM)
QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jan 26 2009, 02:09 PM)
Had I seen this thread when I joined here, i would have voted for Kill Bill.  Both of them.  Yes, they are violent, but cartoonishly so.  I like chop socky flicks.

Better yet though, I like Deathproof.  I like '70's car movies even better than chop socky movies.  I just watched Vanishing Point last night.  I used to think I was a stunt driver in my younger years.

Vanishing Points rules! which is why I dug Death Proof.

I know. I had a Dodge Challenger I ran the s**t out of. And a '70 Nova I used to race. wink.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 27 2009, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 26 2009, 03:32 PM)

biggrin.gif He was very uncool in JB. I do agree about all his other film roles being the same EXCEPT for his roll in 'BRAZIL'. Now that was different!

I know why you think hes uncool, cause he shot BF when she was breaking his balls in the parking lot rofl3.gif

Yeah, he was not at all a good guy in that one.

Small piece of trivia, in one shot of Copland (as DeNiro comes out of One Police PLaza to greet Ray Liotta and the bloodied Stallone at the end of the film) you can see that DeNiro's mustache is considerably longer than the rest of the film. This is because he had begun to shoot, or prepare to shoot Jackie Brown and he had grown it longer, and was then called back for a re-shoot of that one particular shot.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 28 2009, 08:44 PM)

I know why you think hes uncool, cause he shot BF when she was breaking his balls in the parking lot rofl3.gif

Oh that's definitely the coolest thing he's done in the whole film! laugh.gif

QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 28 2009, 04:11 PM)

I know why you think hes uncool, cause he shot BF when she was breaking his balls in the parking lot  rofl3.gif

He was the puss through the whole movie. Samuel was de shitz! But DeNiro plays a puss rather well biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jan 29 2009, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (HisCounterpart @ Jan 28 2009, 04:11 PM)

I know why you think hes uncool, cause he shot BF when she was breaking his balls in the parking lot  rofl3.gif

He was the puss through the whole movie. Samuel was de shitz! But DeNiro plays a puss rather well biggrin.gif

Deniro as a puss? huh.gif I just cant see it...

Deniro for me will always be Taxi Driver.. a badass mofo who takes shit from nobody! biggrin.gif 1022.gif

You talkin' to me?

You talkin' to me?

CLASSIC!!!! biggrin.gif