Dear Blank

Dweezil

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Maddy @ Jun 1 2007, 09:32 PM)
Dear Global Administration/Contract Management:

I must say out of all the mass layoffs I've seen, this one has been the most poorly handled. Why were we told that 95% of us would NOT be affected by the new "support structure matrix" only to find out that all but about ten of us are losing their jobs? That's more like 90% of the secretaries being affected. And why were the managers told that there would be "no changes?" Furthermore, why has it apparently been made the responsibility of the individual secretaries to tell the managers they supported that they're being laid off? On a humiliation scale, that's somewhere up there with having to type your own termination letter. Do you really believe that we're interchangeable? Did you think the managers wouldn't notice or care if their secretaries were switched around? That as long as there's a warm, smiling pair of tits sitting perkily behind a secretarial desk, it doesn't matter who they're attached to? Believe me, they're going to notice. And care. And then you tell the few of us remaining that this is only the beginning of the "new and exciting changes?" I've heard the rumors. I'm not going to wait around to see if my head rolls at the end of next quarter....

And on a related note: those little handouts you were going around putting out for the managers? The notion that you truly believe that our jobs can be reduced to five little bulleted "how-to" lists is somehow the most sickening part of all...

Maddy

~*~

This has all been happening since Monday, BTW - I had an interview today and I have one Wednesday. I hate walking out but we've been told these cuts are only the beginning... ohmy.gif

sad.gif good luck in your job hunt Maddy!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jun 1 2007, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 02:01 PM)
I have several:

Dear ____,

It sucks to be you.

~Me

Dear Calf Muscles,

Why? Why seize up on me today of all days, when I really needed to de-stress by getting a good run?  I'm really pissed at you, so don't expect any nice treatment from me, either.

~The Slug

Dear Facilities Morons,

Is it REALLY too much to ask for the luxury of at least LUKEWARM water in the showers?  I mean, I don't mind having to trek down two floors with all my junk to a find a shower with hot water--it's no trouble, really--but the giant roach that crawled across my foot once I got there is a bit much to take.  062802puke_prv.gif

~Clean-but-freaked-out GG

Dear Makers of "Thai Kitchen" hot and sour noodle bowl,

You call THAT edible?  Give me a friggin break. 

~GG, eater of Cheez-Its for lunch angry.gif

Yeah.  I'm having a crappy day.

It could be worse. It could be raining. (Stolen from Young Frankenstein) biggrin.gif

It's raining here now.

I kid you not. I have no umbrella.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/51379805/Umbrellas.jpg

QUOTE (Geds @ Jun 1 2007, 08:53 PM)
GG, are you running every day?

No, every other day. Although, I've been having to use the treadmill because of bad air quality here...and I think that it changes the way my feet fall. Must've put a strain on my legs.

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 1 2007, 08:57 PM)
I have several:

Dear ____,

It sucks to be you.

~Me

Dear Calf Muscles,

Why? Why seize up on me today of all days, when I really needed to de-stress by getting a good run?  I'm really pissed at you, so don't expect any nice treatment from me, either.

~The Slug

Dear Facilities Morons,

Is it REALLY too much to ask for the luxury of at least LUKEWARM water in the showers?  I mean, I don't mind having to trek down two floors with all my junk to a find a shower with hot water--it's no trouble, really--but the giant roach that crawled across my foot once I got there is a bit much to take.  062802puke_prv.gif

It could be worse. It could be raining. (Stolen from Young Frankenstein) biggrin.gif

It's raining here now.

wub.gif

The best kinds of friends have an umbrella when you need it. biggrin.gif

heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 1 2007, 08:57 PM)
I have several:

Dear ____,

It sucks to be you.

~Me

Dear Calf Muscles,

~The Slug

Dear Facilities Morons,

It's raining here now.

wub.gif

The best kinds of friends have an umbrella when you need it. biggrin.gif

heart.gif

wub.gif wub.gif Any time you need me, I'll be there..... wub.gif wub.gif

Awww...well, that just makes my day. Thank you! smile.gif

QUOTE (Maddy @ Jun 1 2007, 09:32 PM)
Dear Global Administration/Contract Management:

I must say out of all the mass layoffs I've seen, this one has been the most poorly handled. Why were we told that 95% of us would NOT be affected by the new "support structure matrix" only to find out that all but about ten of us are losing their jobs? That's more like 90% of the secretaries being affected. And why were the managers told that there would be "no changes?" Furthermore, why has it apparently been made the responsibility of the individual secretaries to tell the managers they supported that they're being laid off? On a humiliation scale, that's somewhere up there with having to type your own termination letter. Do you really believe that we're interchangeable? Did you think the managers wouldn't notice or care if their secretaries were switched around? That as long as there's a warm, smiling pair of tits sitting perkily behind a secretarial  desk, it doesn't matter who they're attached to? Believe me, they're going to notice. And care. And then you tell the few of us remaining that this is only the beginning of the "new and exciting changes?" I've heard the rumors. I'm not going to wait around to see if my head rolls at the end of next quarter....

And on a related note: those little handouts you were going around putting out for the managers? The notion that you truly believe that our jobs can be reduced to five little bulleted "how-to" lists is somehow the most sickening part of all...

Maddy

~*~

This has all been happening since Monday, BTW - I had an interview today and I have one Wednesday. I hate walking out but we've been told these cuts are only the beginning... ohmy.gif

The lay off roller coaster is hard...Rumor vs fact. I've been in the spousal position on that ride quite a bit.

Good luck on your job search. I will have my fingers crossed for you during your next interview!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 1 2007, 09:09 PM)

No, every other day. Although, I've been having to use the treadmill because of bad air quality here...and I think that it changes the way my feet fall. Must've put a strain on my legs.

I get the same thing in my shins if i run too much, that's why I asked.

Do you stretch your calves before and after a run? that seem to help mine.....

QUOTE (Geds @ Jun 2 2007, 09:33 AM)

I don't know if this will help, but when i played basketball I had major shin pain. I would put an analgesic on my shins and knees before workouts or game stretching and also stretch them out after a game during warm-downs, rubbing more analgesic into them. This helped quite a lot. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 2 2007, 08:46 AM)

I don't know if this will help, but when i played basketball I had major shin pain. I would put an analgesic on my shins and knees before workouts or game stretching and also stretch them out after a game during warm-downs, rubbing more analgesic into them. This helped quite a lot. yes.gif

you said anal...... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Geds @ Jun 2 2007, 09:52 AM)

shut up beavis. huh huh

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 2 2007, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Geds @ Jun 2 2007, 09:52 AM)

shut up beavis. huh huh

Well, I guess that makes YOU butt-head.

Edited by Geds

I hate to interrupt, boys, but yes, Geds, I do stretch before and after. I really think it's the combination of new shoes plus a different running surface. I'm going to try hard to get back outside to run and see if that helps.

Thanks to you and Necro for the suggestions. smile.gif

Dear House Builder;

Why wouldn't you f***ing put a f***ing door on the upstairs bedroom!!!! I mean you probally had kids and know how important it is to have a f***ing door at opportune times you dumbass! i realize it's an awkward shape since it's on a angle but for the love of God rage.gif

Thank God for covers!!! yeah I am now in a very grumpy mood!!!

My morning was looking so great wub.gif then to have a small kid looking at you and asking when are you two going to get up rage.gif mood stopper right there rage.gif

yeah a very grumpy pissed off wife!!!

QUOTE (chaotica @ Jun 5 2007, 08:15 AM)
Dear House Builder;

Why wouldn't you f***ing put a f***ing door on the upstairs bedroom!!!! I mean you probally had kids and know how important it is to have a f***ing door at opportune times you dumbass! i realize it's an awkward shape since it's on a angle but for the love of God rage.gif

My morning was looking so great wub.gif  then to have a small kid looking at you and asking when are you two going to get up rage.gif  mood stopper right there rage.gif

ohmy.gif

Sorry but this happens even with doors. yes.gif

But after it happens once... it usually doesn't

happen again.

The bright side is that he didn't ask what you were doing.

wink.gif

Edited by CeeJ

QUOTE (CeeJ @ Jun 5 2007, 09:53 PM)
Dear House Builder;

My morning was looking so great wub.gif  then to have a small kid looking at you and asking when are you two going to get up rage.gif  mood stopper right there rage.gif

ohmy.gif

happen again.

wink.gif

z7shysterical.gif :I think it's funny rofl3.gif But yah got to know the child joker.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 5 2007, 10:04 PM)
Dear House Builder;

ohmy.gif

happen again.

wink.gif

z7shysterical.gif :I think it's funny rofl3.gif But yah got to know the child joker.gif

rage.gif

Dear House Builder;

ohmy.gif

happen again.

wink.gif

ohmy.gif smile.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif

Dear lawnmower,

Thanks for starting right up after I fed you some premium octane. I really didn't feel like taking you apart, but I would have done it anyways. Thank you for the work out, and for not throwing any rocks or sticks at me.

Forever greatful,

the Pusher

QUOTE (chaotica @ Jun 5 2007, 10:19 PM)
Dear House Builder;

ohmy.gif

happen again.

wink.gif

rage.gif

2funny.gif 2funny.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (owlswing @ Jun 5 2007, 10:29 PM)
Dear House Builder;

ohmy.gif

happen again.

wink.gif

ohmy.gif smile.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif

laugh.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

Dear God,

I am not a bad person. I have not ever done anything reprehensible in my life. To what hell-like lengths am I to go to find peace? All I want is to not feel like shit. Tell me what I need to do to finally be able to say, "OK. This is OK."

Humbly,

Pissed and Tired