Possibly Why Most Chicks Aren't Rush Chicks

petsounds75

Hey, BigG,

Your girlfriend is right. We are not real. You will never see, hear, touch, taste or smell a Rush Forum poster. angel.gif

Your girlfriend is very real. Go with that. Maybe even let her like what she likes without trying to change her? waffen093.gif 1287.gif

Here's a thought. How about asking her to be tunemaster for an evening. Let her pick out what the two of you listen to, and then listen to it. If you do not have anything nice to say, then do not say anything. But if you like the music or the way she listens to it, then tell her specifically what you like and why. cat.gif

Just do not say anything you do not mean. It will only come back to haunt you later. dazed025.gif

rose.gif good luck

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 26 2004, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 26 2004, 11:34 AM)
laugh.gif OMG, G, you are hilarious!!!!  laugh.gif

We don't like Rush because its the 'in' thing to do.  We genuinely like their music, we are appreciative of fine music, and we know quality when we see it. Tell your 'angel' that if I thought about marketing myself as a little baby, when I first started enjoying Rush, then the world has got it all wrong about the wee folk...

2.gif on my dear friend, 2.gif on!!!

Couldn't have said it better! yes.gif trink39.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif yes.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Wow! You guys have been getting it DONE in here whilst I have been gone for the holiday.

Just a few comments...

1. Some people (male & female alike) will not ever like Rush. That is just how it is (and how its going to be. haha). I generally make it a point to educate them and hope that if they don't like Rush, that they can at least respect them.

2. It is ALWAYS okay to wear Rush clothing. Always. Mr. Lunar doesn't like Rush music, but he does not complain when I wear the CP shirt around the house that I bought when I was 11. He even appreciates it. But then, it is a very small shirt. tongue.gif

3. Sexism exists even in the Rush world? Say it ain't so. It exists everywhere, I guess, but I have noticed that Rush men are, by and large, much more open-minded and accepting of strong female influences than other guys.

You guys in here all rock, by the way. \m/

QUOTE (LunarMermaid32 @ Nov 27 2004, 10:38 AM)
Wow! You guys have been getting it DONE in here whilst I have been gone for the holiday.
Just a few comments...
1. Some people (male & female alike) will not ever like Rush. That is just how it is (and how its going to be. haha). I generally make it a point to educate them and hope that if they don't like Rush, that they can at least respect them.
2. It is ALWAYS okay to wear Rush clothing. Always. Mr. Lunar doesn't like Rush music, but he does not complain when I wear the CP shirt around the house that I bought when I was 11. He even appreciates it. But then, it is a very small shirt. tongue.gif
3. Sexism exists even in the Rush world? Say it ain't so. It exists everywhere, I guess, but I have noticed that Rush men are, by and large, much more open-minded and accepting of strong female influences than other guys.

You guys in here all rock, by the way. \m/

Hit it on the head there, LM! How was your holiday? I hope good biggrin.gif

All 'sound' advice.

Y'know I'd never want to change my g'friend (not that would if I tried). And it's actually nice that we have something we don't share - after so many years you watch the same movies hear the same stuff - it skinda I bit of me she'll NEVER understand. She's just baffled why a man who listens to ambient electronica 98% of the time would listen to Rush (cos it's the opposite and has intensity).

...but wierdly I was singing to my daughter (2 years) the other day and she told me to Shhh when I got singing Rush - maybe there is an inate Rush resistor gene being passed down on the female side.

ps the g'friend read your replies and thinks you're all lovely (but still prefers Dolly Parton to Rush)

G

1022.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 27 2004, 03:40 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 27 2004, 05:30 PM)
Chicks have cooties.

Did I miss something here? wacko.gif fing.gif

Tryin' to stir the pot a little. Like the thread originally was.

QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 27 2004, 04:42 PM)
...but wierdly I was singing to my daughter (2 years) the other day and she told me to Shhh when I got singing Rush - maybe there is an inate Rush resistor gene being passed down on the female side.

Interesting. I play Rush for my baby when she's crying and it quiets her down.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 27 2004, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (BigG @ Nov 27 2004, 04:42 PM)

Interesting. I play Rush for my baby when she's crying and it quiets her down.

I'm guessing your little one became accustomed to hearing the boys in utero. Way to start her off on the right track. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 28 2004, 09:50 AM)

My four year old daughter asked for a Rush nightgown last night.....guess the sewing machine will have to be pulled out again....

My little ones, now know their names, all three of them, and they dance and sing the songs when I play RiR!!!! I am such a good mommy.... laugh.gif Forget college, as long as they know Rush... Just kidding... ph34r.gif

The clip of your daughter dancing is all working at this end, and it's very very sweet. heart.gif

Um, ladies, how long do you leave it before mentioning to dates / menfolk that you like Rush?

Are there any signs (other than wearing Rush t-shirts and the like) that men give out which make you think it's OK, I can tell him?

Love to everybody

Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 28 2004, 04:07 PM)
The clip of your daughter dancing is all working at this end, and it's very very sweet. heart.gif

Um, ladies, how long do you leave it before mentioning to dates / menfolk that you like Rush?

Are there any signs (other than wearing Rush t-shirts and the like) that men give out which make you think it's OK, I can tell him?

Love to everybody

Disco

Don't know a good answer there. . . except that he'd probably find out soon into the courtship, or what have you, that I am a fan, especially if he rode in my car with me!! laugh.gif It's all I play most of the time laugh.gif As far as signs? Yeah if he wore a Rush shirt I'd be launching into my Rush "story" shortly there after lol. But if he didn't, and didn't bring it up or have any cds or memoribilia around his house. . . I'd probably just ease it into a conversation at some point. Hope that helps!

Trance 653.gif

Archived