Possibly Why Most Chicks Aren't Rush Chicks

petsounds75

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 24 2004, 04:05 PM)
Hey ladies don't ever let this thread speak for all the Canadian boys cause I'm living proof that Canadian boys LOVE all the ladies regardless of where they're from wink.gif drool1.gif and PS that's not very cool to come into The Rush Sisterhood and insult such beautiful intelligent awesome ladies... 2.gif gals RULE!!!!! you could lose your bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif in here talkin' like that!!!! Get him girls!!!! bd.gif

Heya, Testicles, you forgot your banana. Its like this...

bncegrn.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 24 2004, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 24 2004, 04:05 PM)
Hey ladies don't ever let this thread speak for all the Canadian boys  cause I'm living proof that Canadian boys LOVE all the ladies regardless of where they're from  wink.gif  drool1.gif and PS that's not very cool to come into The Rush Sisterhood and insult such beautiful intelligent awesome ladies... 2.gif gals RULE!!!!! you could lose your  bncegrn.gif  bncegrn.gif in here talkin' like that!!!!  Get him girls!!!! bd.gif

Heya, Testicles, you forgot your banana. Its like this...

bncegrn.gif common001.gif bncegrn.gif

It isn't MY common001.gif at stake here! It's PS's bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif that's gonna get cut off and stomped on!!! laugh.gif

Wow! A lady can sure miss a lot while she's at work.

Welcome to the Rush Sisterhood, petsounds75!! Your posts have attracted so much interest and response...we should dub you Miss Understood.

And Disco, welcome. You are obviously Miss Guided.

Please come in. Would you care for some "tea."

BTW - If Rush were a pair of shoes, they would have a Heart Full of Sole.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2004, 12:00 AM)

Welcome to the Rush Sisterhood, petsounds75!! Your posts have attracted so much interest and response...we should dub you Miss Understood.

trink39.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 25 2004, 12:00 AM)

trink39.gif

trink39.gif nice one rolinda! trink38.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Nov 24 2004, 05:16 PM)
confused13.gif

The Gedster knows more about shoes than I.  laugh.gif

"Is looking for the shoes really a documentary issue?"
~GL

rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

GeddyFinal.gif Ode to Geddy's Shoes GeddyFinal.gif

Our Beloved Dirk has quite a quirk,

When his shoes go missing right before work....

He wanders around, muttering and sputtering,

And to play that night he is almost head-buttering!

You see, you see, our Ged simply cannot be,

Without his shoes is an impossibility.

He needs them to walk, he needs them to talk

He needs them to sway, and needs them to play

He needs them to sing A Farewell to Kings...

Which is a very, very important thing!

So when you see Dirk lost in his quirk,

Try to help him, so that he can work.

For you see, if Ged cannot be....

Then we will all be a sad sight to see.

GeddyFinal.gif A Poem By Geddy's Bard - LakesideMaiden GeddyFinal.gif

Evening all,

My beloved g'friend hates Rush. In the 8 years we've been together only once and never again have I played Rush when she's about (I get home first so I can have a fill of Secret Touch without her knowledge).

But after the recent gigs I'm so into it, I slipped. To start with I was just playing it to myself in the car and I knew it was a solitary pleasure, one that I could not share, it was enough that I liked it. But then I really began to dig it , and I thought, well, you know she's nver gonna like Sercret Touch (yes I know you do, but believe me it ain't happening with my g'friend) but really the break in the weapon she's surely goona have to like that.

So anyways we had a road trip up to Liverpool (UK) and I took my chance, ease her in, slip Signals on... disaster a full 3 hour row... highlights included:

Her claim that it was making her pysically sick - knotted stomach, ginding of teeth, and pulling over to the hard sholder to, some might say (and I count myself amongst them) to fain, a vomit spasm

Where's the melody, [i sing melody], no that's just a series of notes put together not a melody. Then, when singing the pattern, she just claimed it was a rhythm put on different notes

Where's the beat, my pointing out that the Weapon has the simplist kick pattern in the whole Rush catelogue did not help, but then again neither did my, I thought kind offer, to show her my old drum chart, oh and slamming the dash to show her where the beat was prbably need not help towards conflict resoultion. ( I mean the fact he's playing arounf the beat is the point, no? - it's ehat makes it good)

Where's the emotion, she's into the idea that music is about emotional transfer from musician to listener rather than a technical exercise in showing off (as she put it). It all got rather touchy here as I pointed out lyrics which I felt were personal and we decended into full relationship row...

My g'friend on the otherhand does know a lot about shoes.

What type of shoes do I think Rush are, for me, an old pair of Fancy Dancer shoes that I wear when on my own listening to my fave band

Love to all

G

Big-G, that is funniest post I have ever read...though due respect to LakesideMaiden for kicking in with a poem, yes a poem, about Ged's shoes...

Big-G, it appaers that some ladies, and may I venture to includeyour g-friend in this, don't have the sophistication to quite see why the big R are the greatest thing since jazz-fusion.

Perhaps though, it was only a matter of environment. A journey to Liverpool might not be the best way to introduce a lady to the glory of the trio.

Ladies, can you come up with a few suggestions as how the Big-G could introduce his, to date, unreceptive, g-friend to the wonders of the Rush, following a moonlit dinner perhaps to be romantic, or, less so, get her absolutely bladdered and tHen the next morning, while she writhes in the agony of a hangover , slip it onto the bedroom stereo...

It's for her own good....

Love to ya all

D

(Oh, and tomorrow we're going to discuss whether there is ever an appropriate moment to wear Rush branded clothing, the hints (NO!!! NO!!! NO!!! DON'T COME NEAR ME DRESSED LIKE THAT!!!!!!) that i'm getting from my g'friend suggest it is not suitabe bedwear)

If a girl loves ya and she doesnt like Rush then she will accept that its part of who you are, if she doesnt then shes a controlling psychotic dog. biggrin.gif

Not only does she accept it, she understands that in any relationship each party needs space to their own, and, God bless her, my girlfriend, albeit in no uncertain terms, has said (told) me that my love of Rush is a place that I can call my own...forever.

I am truely blessed to have such a considerate g'frined.

Love to you all

Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 25 2004, 05:57 PM)
Ladies, can you come up with a few suggestions as how the Big-G could introduce his, to date, unreceptive, g-friend to the wonders of the Rush...

Show her these:

drool1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Neil/neil1.jpg drool1.gif

drool1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Neil/neil12.jpg drool1.gif

drool1.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Neil/cap271.jpg drool1.gif

And then show her one or more of his drum solos. Repeat as necessary.

tongue.gif

(If that doesn't work, then it's hopeless!)

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 25 2004, 08:26 PM)
If NPG were here she'd have two words for you: "rowboat scene."

laugh.gif

YES!!! I gotta do a screen capture of that.

Except...I don't know how to do that! Anyone??? Help!!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 25 2004, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Nov 25 2004, 08:26 PM)
If NPG were here she'd have two words for you: "rowboat scene."

laugh.gif

YES!!! I gotta do a screen capture of that.

Except...I don't know how to do that! Anyone??? Help!!!

biggrin.gif

Press the "PrintScreen" button on your keyboard.

Load up Microsoft Paint (Every computer has it)

Choose from the menu bar "Edit----->Paste" and there it is.

Save the picture in the format with the filename you want.

Well, BigG, if showing her wonderful pictures of the boys and showing her The Professor in all his thundrous glory don't make a dent in her obvious lacking taste in the finer art of musical ability, before attempting to make any suggestions on the matter of attempting to soften her Rush Resistance, let me ask you a question. What type of music does she listen to?

Depending on her musical preference there may be a couple of ways you could win her over. As you know, Rush has had slightly varied degrees of sound through their thirty years of writing/recording. Unfortunately there are some people out there that are not so attuned to the amazing musical talent that is Rush, and so hear one song and immediately judge the entire band by not liking that one song. It could be that you're just not playing her the type of Rush that she can respond to. Say if she likes country music, play her Rivendell or Tears....Tears will show her the "emotion" that she is looking for. This may not work at all, though, if she likes boy bands or rap, as these types of music are considered Inferior and measure in the negative range by (at least my own) Rush Standards wink.gif

One thing that would help the battle, if you are adept at all in playing the guitar, to learn Tears and play it for her might help to win her over as well. If you are, and want to do this, PM me and I should be able to get you the chords and lyrics (I say should cause I'm not sure if i still have them - may have to type them from memory hehe)

Well that is my suggestion....hope it helps smile.gif

You are all very kind new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great pictures of the prof, moody and intense - what right mined sister wouldn't feel something there. But it is not going to get us jumping around the sitting room together, rocking out, catching my eye as we follow another perfect time change. Even if Robbie Williams (UK man tottie) was playing them I don't think she'd dig the sound coming.

As to playing her a loop ofd rum solos , I know you're joking.

What we listens to is mellowelectronica so Royksopp, Global Communications, Jon Hopkins, Air - couldn't be more diferent to the R

I like the idea of playing her the love songs of Rush ( a pretty short playlist its got to be said) - actually to interupt myself how many songs mention love - Bravado, Tom Sawyer, and all of the first album. But she hates me singing Rush - she says but you sing it so nicely when I know that it is really just noise.

Anyway I'm just really sure what Tears is all about to honest - why is she crying, what is the knowing why that causes her to cry? - All the love songs seemed edged with saddness (Tears, Bravado the cost of love, Secret Touch the pain of love).

I think with all the will in the world it's a barren soil.

I actually spoke about this to her last night, and I don't mean to enrage you, but this is what she said.

A real woman just could not like Rush, it just a way of niche marketing yourself to pull men (please please these words are from her mouth not mine)

Thinking back to Petsounds75, should I respect a woman who desn't like Rush?

- I'm just glad to know that there are some REAL women out there (albeit 3,000 mile away) who like Rush.

And finally, pixey, thanks for the phrase 'controlling psyhcotic dog - I'll enjoy using that, as in

'Hey my Angel shall we listen to Hemispheres'

'NO'

'Angel, you're a psycotic controlling dog'

- anyone got a couch to sleep on?

love

G

laugh.gif OMG, G, you are hilarious!!!! laugh.gif

We don't like Rush because its the 'in' thing to do. We genuinely like their music, we are appreciative of fine music, and we know quality when we see it. Tell your 'angel' that if I thought about marketing myself as a little baby, when I first started enjoying Rush, then the world has got it all wrong about the wee folk...

2.gif on my dear friend, 2.gif on!!!

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Nov 26 2004, 11:34 AM)
laugh.gif OMG, G, you are hilarious!!!! laugh.gif

We don't like Rush because its the 'in' thing to do. We genuinely like their music, we are appreciative of fine music, and we know quality when we see it. Tell your 'angel' that if I thought about marketing myself as a little baby, when I first started enjoying Rush, then the world has got it all wrong about the wee folk...

2.gif on my dear friend, 2.gif on!!!

Couldn't have said it better! yes.gif trink39.gif

Big-G I've read Lakesidemaiden's suggestion that you suggest to your Angel that she has been put off my hearing the wrong type of Rush, may I counsel caution..

Here's how that scene might play out....

After a hard day at work you pour the beloved a generous glass of Pinot Grigio, dim the lights and relax together to the cool nu-jazz vibes of St Germain. As the wine gentle defrocks you of the heavy weight of the days cares and the grooves massage your minds, you find yourself far from the worries of the day and relax and start to gentle enjoy the physical pleasure of being alive. Perhaps you smile at each other, enjoying each others company, knowing that, perhaps, you would both like to close the evening with an expresion of your affections in the way that only those truely close can understand.

Into this idyll of the hearth and heart, into the peace of a shared communal silence, you, if Lakeside Maiden's advice is to be followed, say:-

'Sweet Princess of my soul, you are the land I walk on, the sky I walk under, the air that I breathe, the water that I drink, you, my love are the food of my soul that keeps me alive....and I've have thought of a way that we can become closer.

A dear acquantaince of mine says that you don't like Rush [don't use the phrase 'fail to like Rush' it'll sound judgmental] as you have only heard the wrong type of Rush, look love' you say as you unveil a CD 'I have recorded 80 minutes of Rush from all their periods covering (as much as is possible in such a brief time) all their styles"

It's about this time the roof of your house gets blown off together with the bindings of your relationship with the words from the Angel along the lines of:-

'Get that f*cking rubbish of the stereo!!!! I hate it, you know I hate it!!! Why are you doing things to make me so unhappy!!!!

Do I not get a turn of being happy, is it only you in this relationship that that gets to be happy, is that it!!!!! IS IT !!! Well, I tell you, that's NOT the relationship I WANT!!! I deserve to be happy, I give myself permission to be happy, I give myself permission to GET OUT OF this HOUSE, our LIFE, and YOU !!!!!!

Alternatively....

The scene might end with, Angel who has been gently carressed by both your charm and the wine saying 'Big-G all this time I was closed and now I am open, I like Rush now, I was wrong and you were right. Thank you for your love, thank you showing me things that enable me to grow as a person. i see now that i can trust you more than I can trust myself, I have never known love like this, thank you bringing so much into my life '

and who knows you might, that very moment fall into making the beast with two backs as Xanadu (er, sorry I mean the entire back catlogue, no disrespct). Look out of the time changes, they can really throw a gentlemen off his stride.

So Big-G, it's up to you, I'm not saying LakesideMaiden's path is not without significant risk of significant loss, but if it works think of the joy of the evenings standing together in the middle of the fliving room floor air-guitaring to Alex and Geddy playing By-Tor and the Snow dog, such perect bliss is worth such risk, no?

So, should the Big-g do it?

Love to everyone

Disco

Archived