My Favorite Headache

Noisy Bastard

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Nov 15 2006, 08:40 PM)
should I get this? I'm kinda thinking about it

Get it. It's a pretty good album. It kicks off with a really cool bass riff on the title song! And a lot of songs are certainly better than some songs off of Test for Echo and Counterparts and Roll the Bones. But eventually I find two very significant things missing.

QUOTE (KenJennings @ Nov 15 2006, 10:15 PM)
My Favorite Headache is definately a better album than:

Rush
Fly By Night
Caress of Steel
Signals
Feedback

Presto, Roll the Bones and Hold your Fire are BRILLIANT albums!

I truly beg to differ.....

Aiight so I played this again last night. It's a nice album, yeah. Grace to Grace was a really good song, so was The Angels' Share, Working at Perfekt, a few others. It was definitely missing two certain elements of the music, but I would put it ahead of RTB and T4E as far as recent Rush goes...although not ahead of CP or VT. I'd give the album a solid B overall. Nothing amazing, but decent.

if you don't have it, GED it!

you will not be unhappy

MFV has long been one of my favorite albums and not just because its by Geddy.

I've always found the lyrics entertaining and thought-provoking and the music is a great blend of solid rock with some jazzy attributes.

While I'm waiting with baited breath for the next Rush album, I'm also secretly hoping that Geddy decides to go the solo route one more time...

"Angel's Share" is awesome--the music, the lyrics, the passion with which Geddy sings the lyrics. I want to know, too! biggrin.gif

Archived