This is Spinal Tap

tyranny

Well yes you can't not like Spinal Tap really...

Unless you're in a bad band that takes itself fiercely and furiously seriously...

(too many "lee" sounds in that sentence one after another...akk but it's only a post on a forum...)

unsure.gif

...well, me and the bird recently decided to move to the UK, and so we had to decide where to live. But where else could we live but the birthplace of Spinal Tap SQUATNEY!!!

If there's a better way to make these key life decisions I sure don't know it.

Disco

Squatney is based on the Hackney in the heart of London's East End.

QUOTE (Disco @ Nov 1 2006, 06:10 AM)
...well, me and the bird recently decided to move to the UK, and so we had to decide where to live. But where else could we live but the birthplace of Spinal Tap SQUATNEY!!!

If she's not on the 5:19,

Then I'm gonna know what sorrow means

And I'm gonna cry, cry, cry all the way home...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 1 2006, 01:49 AM)
QUOTE (tyranny @ Oct 31 2006, 08:01 PM)
I can't believe there isn't a Spinal Tap thread in here!!!!!!

I can't believe you didn't do a search!!!!!!!

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...c=286&hl=spinal

biggrin.gif

I DID do a search and there was NOT a Spinal Tap thread (I spent 15 min in the search engine, and one did not come up, I swear it).

What are you, the MB police????

eh.gif

Well, then, resurrect the old one and ignore mine. I don't have all day to look back over 2 years of threads.

Edited by tyranny

QUOTE (tyranny @ Nov 1 2006, 09:32 AM)

biggrin.gif

I DID do a search and there was NOT a Spinal Tap thread (I spent 15 min in the search engine, and one did not come up, I swear it).

eh.gif

Well, then, resurrect the old one and ignore mine. I don't have all day to look back over 2 years of threads.

I figured the inclusion of the biggrin.gif smiley would tell you that I was just kidding with you. Didn't work, I guess.

It's not a big deal. No reason to get rid of yours. Spinal Tap is timeless and needn't be confined to one thread. wink.gif

QUOTE (tyranny @ Nov 1 2006, 10:32 AM)

biggrin.gif

eh.gif

Uh, yeah, he is.

I was going to say what he did, but he beat me to it.

One thing that a lot of folks miss is that you must select whether or not you want to search posts from 30 days ago or newer or from 30 days ago and older. The default setting is 'newer'. Had you have selected older, you would have found the 'Spinal Tap' thread(s). And it wouldn't even have taken all day.

This is my last word on this subject: the old thread you found had no activity for more than a year. I don't think it's unreasonable to let me start a new thread without jumping all over me about it.

Anyone else have a "favorite Spinal Tap moment" either in the movie or in "real life"???

I thought it was hilarious when I read that Robert Plant said that Led Zeppelin actually did that wandering around lost backstage thing (in Milwaukee, I think?). A friend of mine told me that happened to Twisted Sister, too.

HELLO, CLEVELAND!!!!!

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tyranny @ Nov 1 2006, 07:38 PM)
This is my last word on this subject: the old thread you found had no activity for more than a year. I don't think it's unreasonable to let me start a new thread without jumping all over me about it.

Anyone else have a "favorite Spinal Tap moment" either in the movie or in "real life"???

I thought it was hilarious when I read that Robert Plant said that Led Zeppelin actually did that wandering around lost backstage thing (in Milwaukee, I think?). A friend of mine told me that happened to Twisted Sister, too.

HELLO, CLEVELAND!!!!!

rofl3.gif

He didn't jump all over you, he made a joke, hence his use of a smiley. It's not unreasonable for you to start a new thread. If we had a nickel for every redundant thread on this board, we'd all be wealthy. However, that is quite beside the point. You stated that you couldn't believe that there wasn't a Spinal Tap thread in this forum, and he correctly stated that if you'd have searched you'd have found it. My pointing out about the old/new posts feature in the search field was just me being helpful.

Regardless of how long the thread has been inactive, the fact remains that it does exist and you could have posted in it had you wanted to do so.

"There's a fine line between clever... and stupid."

"It's like, 'how much more black could it be?' and the answer is none... none more black."

Edited by GeddyRulz

At the recent Iron Maiden concert the Spotlight Guy couldn't find Bruce the lead singer he had to stop midline to say hey top of the stage Dumbass and still they were searching for half the song. Great ST moment. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 2 2006, 07:33 AM)
At the recent Iron Maiden concert the Spotlight Guy couldn't find Bruce the lead singer he had to stop midline to say hey top of the stage Dumbass and still they were searching for half the song. Great ST moment. rofl3.gif

On the Chris Squire instructional video, Squire shows off his bass arsenal to the host. Pointing out his green Meridian bass, Squire says, "I won't play that one." It reminded me of Nigel and the guitar with the price tag that "can't be played." laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Nov 2 2006, 07:44 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Nov 2 2006, 07:33 AM)

On the Chris Squire instructional video, Squire shows off his bass arsenal to the host. Pointing out his green Meridian bass, Squire says, "I won't play that one." It reminded me of Nigel and the guitar with the price tag that "can't be played." laugh.gif

Classic!!!

QUOTE (Stickman @ Nov 5 2006, 02:54 PM)
And for your album 'Shark Sandwich' a 2 word review 'S**t Sandwich'.
Quality rofl3.gif

They can't say that, can they?

How about the long-winded and very specific review of "Rock and Roll Creation"?

"That's nit-picking, isn't it?"

QUOTE (subdivision40 @ Nov 6 2006, 08:31 AM)
"Lick My Lovepump"

Just simple lines, intertwining...

It's written in D-minor; the saddest of all keys. I don't know why, but it makes people weep instantly.

It's influenced by Mozart and Bach; kind of a "Mach" piece.