need some love...

The Rocinante

Hey! I need some love right about now!!! wink.gif

Not every Rush fan on the earth is going to love every Rush song.

I love every song on the first 2.gif record! Who am I kidding. I love every Rush song ever made. Some are just better than others!

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Oct 9 2006, 09:32 PM)
Hey! I need some love right about now!!! wink.gif

Not every Rush fan on the earth is going to love every Rush song.

I love every song on the first 2.gif record! Who am I kidding. I love every Rush song ever made. Some are just better than others!

1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ Oct 9 2006, 10:42 PM)
All Rush songs are equal. But some are more equal than others.

oh dear, Big Brother is watching us.... z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Oct 9 2006, 08:38 PM)
Hasofficially replaced Dog Years as the worst Rush song ever...I got 2.gif yesterday which would be a great album, if it wasn't for NSL...even worse chorus that Dog Years no.gif
062802puke_prv.gif

sorry NSL fans

Haven't listened to it in years, but remember enjoying it for what it is. And I like the "I said I, need some...LOVE" scream. Classic Geddy.

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 10 2006, 04:29 AM)
Hasofficially replaced Dog Years as the worst Rush song ever...I got  2.gif yesterday which would be a great album, if it wasn't for NSL...even worse chorus that Dog Years no.gif
062802puke_prv.gif

sorry NSL fans

Haven't listened to it in years, but remember enjoying it for what it is. And I like the "I said I, need some...LOVE" scream. Classic Geddy.

P.S. I like Dog Years too (minus the tortoise thing, of course).

Hasofficially replaced Dog Years as the worst Rush song ever...I got  2.gif yesterday which would be a great album, if it wasn't for NSL...even worse chorus that Dog Years no.gif
062802puke_prv.gif

sorry NSL fans

One day from now, you might think otherwise yes.gif

2.gif

I like their first album. It has a raw energy that's very engaging. They just sound like they're having so much fun.

And being strictly of the moon-spoon-June school of rhyme, I'm in no position to be critical of Geddy's early attempts at lyric writing. smile.gif

I like the song okay but the lyrics are juvenile and uninspired. But they reflect the reckless youth of the guys who wrote and played it.

As for the album; for me it was good enough to get your attention but doesn't possess the qualities of a classic. Rush just happens to be a band that needed time to mature and come into their own and boy did they.

A lot of bands don't really hit their stride for an album or two. Queen and Rush are two that really hit the mark on their fourth albums - not that the preceding three were bad - not at all - they just really didn't come into their own until then. The ones that do, as they say, hit the ground running, like Led Zep, are few and far between.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 10 2006, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ Oct 9 2006, 11:42 PM)
All Rush songs are equal.  But some are more equal than others.

Huh? laugh.gif

This is an Animal Farm reference. The animal law started as 'All animals are equal' and was perverted by the pigs to eventually stating that 'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others'.

Somehow I couldn't incorporate 'Four legs good, two legs bad' into a post about Rush songs. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ Oct 10 2006, 11:34 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 10 2006, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (Hemispheric Waves @ Oct 9 2006, 11:42 PM)
All Rush songs are equal.  But some are more equal than others.

Huh? laugh.gif

This is an Animal Farm reference. The animal law started as 'All animals are equal' and was perverted by the pigs to eventually stating that 'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others'.

Somehow I couldn't incorporate 'Four legs good, two legs bad' into a post about Rush songs. biggrin.gif

RUSH = six legs good.

062802puke_prv.gif

sorry NSL fans

Dog Years rocks! So does Need Some Love! 2.gif

Dog Years is horrible! Not even NSL could replace it as the worst!

waffen093.gif Dog Years! DIE!!!!

Archived