What if Rush surprise us all with a totally mellow

treeduck

Would you be happy with a seriously mellow Rush album?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy with a seriously mellow Rush album?

• 1 Yay for mellow and languid, clean guitars and gentle keys
    • 2 No way I want distortion and power, I want hard & heavy
    • 3 Yes mellow songs & some so metallic they rip my face off

What if Rush decide to go really, really, really mellow on this new release...?

I mean close to easy listening levels of mayhem deficiency?

I'm talking no real distortion, some brush drumming, fingerstyle acoustic driven tunes and very low vocals...

This isn't out of the question especially as Neil has called the music they've written so far "spiritual"

Would this kind of scenario be ok with you as long as the songs were good?

I'm talking no real distortion, some brush drumming, fingerstyle acoustic driven tunes and very low vocals...

Not the theme of the new album but a source tells me that you will get 1 or 2 songs like this.. Maybe not brushing but rim shot

From what I understand you may hear similarity in this album to TFE

Neil said it would be similar to Vapor Trails, so I'm not sure it would be mellow. However, if it's mellow and makes me feel good then I'll for it.

Mellow is okay for an occasional change of pace, but too much mellow will put me to sleep. schla03.gif I like my Rush rocking!

Case in point: the VT tour. They played two slow songs in a row - The Pass and Bravado - and I was losing interest.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 27 2006, 11:42 AM)
Neil said it would be similar to Vapor Trails, so I'm not sure it would be mellow. However, if it's mellow and makes me feel good then I'll for it.

Let's just hope the recording is better than the piss poor recording of the great VT CD!!! It sounds so bloated!!

ohmy.gif

MMMayybe they can do what the Foo-Fighters did this last cd

1 CD all mellow & the other one Rawkin hard 1022.gif

2 disc Cd 1022.gif yes.gif trink39.gif

I don't care much. THe best songs written by a Rush member in the last few years were on MFH and that was somewhat mellower. What I think is much more important is that they remember that it's what you don't put in that makes a song good. They really need to stop Alex do 10 guitar overdubs of thrash and noise and get him to do one GOOD guitar track.

QUOTE (barchetta90480 @ Sep 28 2006, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Sep 28 2006, 05:27 AM)
let's say it sucks. will it be better than no rush at all?

IT.WILL.NOT.SUCK. PERIOD

That's five periods. wink.gif

Yea...but what if it does? I am going to get flamed or called Rushgoober for this, but who, and I already know what will be said, will leave RUSH as a source for FUTURE listening enjoyment and just rest easy with your current collection. I ask this because of the extended time to digest VT, TfE, RtB, etc.

OK...now let her rip.

Doesnt matter to me what they put out, I just wanna hear what they have to write. Personally though I dont think they will ever be able to top Vapor Trails again for the rest of thier career, that album was ferociously intense and revealing, especially knowing where a lot of the song inspiration for the band was coming from. It doesnt matter though, they very rarely are a band to disappoint.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Sep 29 2006, 09:17 AM)
Mellows good. No Brushes.

Can you REALLY imagine Neil just playing brushes laugh.gif I don't mind a little bit of mellow in their new sound I am just eagerly awaiting the next album like everyone else. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Anyone who believes that Rush is going to come out with a "mellow" release is kidding themselves. Yes, perhaps one song may be somewhat "mellow" (A La "speed of love"), but to suggest that a whole release would be "mellow" is the same as suggesting one doesn't really know what Rush is all about.

Archived