How would you feel about

treeduck

An over top stage show spectacular or stripped down to the bones affair?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. An over top stage show spectacular or stripped down to the bones affair?

• 1 The bigger the better - I want a show baby!!
    • 2 I just want music, no videos, no dragons, no actors...
    • 3 I want something really different this time
    • 4 I like it the way it is just no washing machines!!
    • 5 I just want Under Lock and key played(fledgehog special)
    • 6 I want the stage to really reflect the theme of the album
    • 7 I want a few sexy dancing girls (don't we all...)
    • 8 I don't mind as long as I see Rush
    • 9 They should create a Las vegas kind of deal
    • 10 Beat look with tiny drum kit and 50s fender amps

What kind of show do you want RUSH forumites?

Huge and dramatic??

Nothing different...

The, as yet, unknown album theme really brought to life...

70's Night Club style?

Just Alex with his marshalls restored to glory?

Say it...

QUOTE (Blue Baby Dragon @ Sep 1 2006, 07:52 PM)
There's no "I like it the way it is, and I don't mind the washing machines" option.

Not every discussion has to be a poll.

And where did you hear that every discussion has to be a poll, show me that news story Baby Blue so that I might peruse it at my leisure...

It is actually a discussion board isn't it though? A poll is just another way to generate discussion.

I don't care as long as I see Rush. Sometimes dramatics can really be over the top these days and often take from a show. sad.gif

I'm all about the rawness of the Rock and watching how the musicians play the song I love.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

It's just that there's more... discussion, I guess, if people can explain their position instead of using predefined options that never fully stay in line with their opinions and views anyway.

Since when has a discussion with a poll NOT had a post like, "Well... I picked 3, but let me add..." or "I picked 7, but only if..."

The options are (usually) pretty funny, but as far as actual discussion goes, they don't really help.

Seriously, though, I guess my answer would be similar to "I don't mind as long as I see Rush," but there is definitely a boundary. Rush isn't the kind of band who'd try anything too crazy, on the other hand, so it's not really an issue.

"No dragons" hurts MY feelings, though. Not all dragons blow up asbestos factories and "Rush Merch." sad.gif

Let me add then that for folks like me who're brain dead most of the time, a list of sentence-starters and key words can be an awfully big help in making a point.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Blue Baby Dragon @ Sep 1 2006, 08:06 PM)
It's just that there's more... discussion, I guess, if people can explain their position instead of using predefined options that never fully stay in line with their opinions and views anyway.

Since when has a discussion with a poll NOT had a post like, "Well... I picked 3, but let me add..." or "I picked 7, but only if..."

The options are (usually) pretty funny, but as far as actual discussion goes, they don't really help.

Seriously, though, I guess my answer would be similar to "I don't mind as long as I see Rush," but there is definitely a boundary. Rush isn't the kind of band who'd try anything too crazy, on the other hand, so it's not really an issue.

"No dragons" hurts MY feelings, though. Not all dragons blow up asbestos factories and "Rush Merch." sad.gif

You see...you can make the discussion anything you want BBD, my options in the poll do not affect what you discuss, they only affect what you can vote for. You can think of the poll as simply an add on. I could have done this thread without a poll, but it made it more interesting for me to do it. If you don't like threads with polls, just avoid them. Or you can in fact ignore the poll and just post your views. I don't get why is that a difficult concept for you?

confused13.gif

Oh yeah, my position? I don't have a position on this, i don't mind what Rush do, I'm easy, I'#ll take whatever I can get. I'm a Rush slut you might say. I'm just setting it up for you guys, to express yourselves, man I'm here to help you, ok?

I was just talking to my closest musical friend today about how much I loathe all types of stage shows. Unless the band is playing through it and it doesn't take focus away, it's ok, but still annoying. Like, I was watching the Pulse DVD today, and that whole metallic ball thing... what the hell was that? Completely unnecessary. I hated it.

No, I knew what you meant by including a poll, and I understand. To tell you the truth, that's the way I've always viewed polls too. I was actually kind of trying to be funny, and I messed up, and I really didn't mean to offend you. I'm really sorry.

I didn't mean to imply that I hate topics with polls, and I'm really sorry that I came across that way. sad.gif

I actually really like your discussions, treeduck, and you always bring up very good points- When it comes to posting in these kinds of topics, (or ones similar to them) I'm usually just either scared to post, can't phrase my opinion, or don't have a strong enough opinion.

In this case, I came across as bashing the whole idea when I really didn't mean to imply that at all, and again, I'm really sorry. I hope we're OK. smile.gif

QUOTE (Blue Baby Dragon @ Sep 2 2006, 12:49 AM)
No, I knew what you meant by including a poll, and I understand. To tell you the truth, that's the way I've always viewed polls too. I was actually kind of trying to be funny, and I messed up, and I really didn't mean to offend you. I'm really sorry.

I didn't mean to imply that I hate topics with polls, and I'm really sorry that I came across that way. sad.gif

I actually really like your discussions, treeduck, and you always bring up very good points- When it comes to posting in these kinds of topics, (or ones similar to them) I'm usually just either scared to post, can't phrase my opinion, or don't have a strong enough opinion.

In this case, I came across as bashing the whole idea when I really didn't mean to imply that at all, and again, I'm really sorry. I hope we're OK. smile.gif

Course we're ok mate, the whole thread was just a bit of fun, Rush are not the type of band to have huge ridiculous stage shows, but I like asking questions, just for the hell of it...who knows what'll pop up next?

biggrin.gif wink.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 1 2006, 10:10 PM)
The problem with a big-production show is that it leaves virtually no room to alter the setlist whatsoever.

Yes, but a better show is better than an altered setlist. Rush strive to be the best musicians they can be. Part of that is making sure that a fan coming to the show will get the best show possible. That means they will put a lot into the stage show (as they always do), and practicing at least 4 to 6 weeks before hitting the road.

It will never happen, but I would love them to dispense with the whole formality malarkey and just play.

it would be great if they could be more like Springsteen or Dylan and play a different set every night, but I suppose that type of thinking is alien to them

What I am saying is that if a large section of the crowd strted chanting for a song, they should have the wherewithal to play it on the spot. I am not saying they should feel pressured, but they are certainly good enough to do so.

If the stage show prevents this sort of thing then IMO it is getting in the way....

Archived