DragonForce

kazzman

Ok, who else has heard of them?

Now, I've got all three of their albums (Valley of the Damned, Sonic Firestorm, Inhuman Rampage), and even though they're all very talented, can somebody please tell me exactly what all the hype is about them? Sure, they can play extremely fast, but when you break it down, their music is very simple.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but when it comes to listening to them, I can only take them a few songs at a time and simply can't see what the hype is about.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 15 2006, 09:21 PM)

Now, I've got all three of their albums (Valley of the Damned, Sonic Firestorm, Inhuman Rampage), and even though they're all very talented, can somebody please tell me exactly what all the hype is about them? Sure, they can play extremely fast, but when you break it down, their music is very simple.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but when it comes to listening to them, I can only take them a few songs at a time and simply can't see what the hype is about.

They're a joke, I saw them on a Guitar World "betcha can't play this" and it was hysterical, I thought they were kidding, i didn't realise they were a real band.

laugh.gif

Teenage boys seem to adore them from what I can gather. They seem to be a throwback to the 80s Shrapnel neo-classical phase but nowhere near as good as Moore, Macalpine, Becker and co...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 15 2006, 07:21 PM)

I've heard dragonforce aswell.

They are part of the power metal scene.

Which takes from a couple different metal genre's most notably

Speed metal.

So they like to play fast.

And it sounds really bad IMO.

Espicially the over use of the Double Bass Kick pedal in some songs.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 18 2006, 02:02 PM)

When doesn't that happen in power metal? It's like that's all most power metal drummers seem to be able to do.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Aug 18 2006, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 18 2006, 02:02 PM)

When doesn't that happen in power metal? It's like that's all most power metal drummers seem to be able to do.

Yes it does.

And since i'm a huge bass lover.

It quite ruins any songs i tried to listen to.

Also, after awhile all power metal songs started to sound the same too me.

dragonforce suck's...........my 2 cent's trink39.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Aug 18 2006, 01:41 PM)
Dragonforce is awesome because they're so ridiculous.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

QUOTE (moltenlava @ Jul 26 2008, 09:17 PM)
This is one of the worst Pop bands there is. I don't know why it wasn't obvious to me that someone was gunna go and merge the Dream Theater concept with Pop music. It seems so apparent now in retrospect.

umm...pop? power metal =/= pop. you'd never hear dragonforce played on a top40 station.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 26 2008, 08:33 PM)
QUOTE (moltenlava @ Jul 26 2008, 09:17 PM)
This is one of the worst Pop bands there is.  I don't know why it wasn't obvious to me that someone was gunna go and merge the Dream Theater concept with Pop music.  It seems so apparent now in retrospect.

umm...pop? power metal =/= pop. you'd never hear dragonforce played on a top40 station.

They got that dang cornball Emo sound to 'em. Hate that stuff. I actually did The Force on local radio. I guess it was the Pop station here in New York. I was driving the neighbor's kid home from school and this is the station she listens to. Real over-the-top playing and production with these guys. But, oh so glam-sounding. There are some really, really quality Prog-Metal bands out there right now that have somewhat of a mainstream accessibility to them. Bands like Brainstorm and Thought Chamber. Plenty of stuff I'd be turning to before The Force. You like Prog-Metal at all, or just these guys?

QUOTE (Blenderhead @ Mar 3 2010, 10:07 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Mar 4 2010, 01:05 AM)
DRAGONFARCE RULES!! wacko.gif

They do have talent, but every song sounds the same.  My head might explode listening to an entire album of theirs.

May The Farce Be With You!    laugh.gif

Agreed. But their one song is infectious. yes.gif

I like that song, and even though they annoy me I still have their first three albums.

Passed on their last one though. I am done.

Archived