poor grand designs.

Tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 14 2006, 07:07 AM)
i love freedom of expression and although i dont spam, my humor is an acquired taste. i dont want people who enjoy spamming to feel they cant, i just wish there was a place, you know like siberia tongue.gif where could be exhiled to so they can spam till the cows come home. im sure it will all work out. over at dream theater.net they hated my humor, called me a troll (with pissed me off big time !) the administration closed one thread calling it spam bullshit. of coarse i did'nt take well to this and lets just say the next thing you knew i was banned for a week.(like i care) hell i only have 40 posts there anyways since march but the point is i dont want to offend anyone i just think grand designs was not suposed to be what its become.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

YOU??? A TROLL??? laugh.gif

Just another reason that DT fans are really weird. laugh.gif The folks at the Kansas board never got pissed though, did they?

My 2 cents: I don't really care. I know how to not read a post I don't want to see. I kinda get a chuckle out of the fools that spam Jawk Jaw or Hilda. You see everyone jawking well, or keeping their flame alive and then some idjit comes in and spams it. It only makes the spammer look stupid, so it makes me laugh. I dunno.

Spammers have also given me the opportunity to parody their goofiness. Remember my I Just Ran the Pinned Grand Designs Threads? I was surprised that my sarcasm didn't quite work there, as the thread was CLEARLY making fun of the running the board mentality that has become so popular lately. Oh well. I remember running Random months ago and it was an actual achievement because all posts were good posts, other than the ones that were MADE to be spam posts. Also it showed exactly how much of a LOSER I was by being the only one on the board that late at nite. laugh.gif

While I guess I agree it's gone waaaay overboard, I don't see getting upset about it. I still can't get over how some of us were talked about during the RSR project, so I'm not about to start bashing the spammers. I would like to see them abide by some standards though and curtail the spamming to the threads that are provided for it. yes.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well said, well spoken. the kansas board by the way is a small community but they are great folks. i only have 90 posts there since december but i like to check in from time to time cause kansas is always touring, thats how they make a living.

I've noticed that it's more important to some members to see their name as the topic starter than it is to actually have something worthwhile to say, or bother to find the thread that already contains the same subject. It's fine to a degree, I guess - but it certainly lends to an unsightly view when you open up the forum, and that can suck.

Until those people learn to curb their habits, this will continue. What can you do?

Just another reason that DT fans are really weird.

sarcasm.gif Speak for urself Mannn

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/5174/crazyci8.gif

thanks for this thread, even though i'm a bit late joining in. eh.gif

i appreciate any clean-up efforts being made. honestly, grand designs was my favorite forum for a time, but over the past couple of months i find myself posting here less and less save for a very small number of choice threads, and i tend to gloss over the rest since it's gotten a bit overly spammy and non-creative. i do hope to enjoy grand designs more again in the nearish future when it's a little more hospitable.

peace,

gary

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 19 2006, 05:48 AM)
Should we have a pinned GD rules topic?

I hope that we NEVER have to resort to that. Plus, there would probably be only one rule: Dont make a billion spam threads in one day, use the one provided.

If we all just didnt make a bunch of spam threads then i'm sure we can do without it.

oh, but what about new members...

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 19 2006, 08:08 AM)

I hope that we NEVER have to resort to that. Plus, there would probably be only one rule: Dont make a billion spam threads in one day, use the one provided.

If we all just didnt make a bunch of spam threads then i'm sure we can do without it.

well kubla i think the its like this, monkey see, monkey do.

nice avitar by the way. "apes will never kill apes."

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 19 2006, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 19 2006, 08:08 AM)

well kubla i think like the its like this, monkey see, monkey do.

nice avitar by the way. "apes will never kill apes."

laugh.gif Got it from looking at your sig, the "Avatar Farm" site, and thought i might give it a try.

But yes, if we dont make any new spam threads, then hopefully new members will follow suit and not make any. Maybe we should pin up the T4VS thread? and claim it as the only spam thread?

Grand Designs was a little bit of fun for me before now I agree there is way to much spamming and useless thread titles. My interest is waning please NO MORE SPAMMING. no.gif

bumper.gif

ok so i guess the idea is no more spam threads.

So why do people still start threads that go no where?

confused13.gif

Archived