poor grand designs.

Tick

my beloved grand designs is becoming a waste land for spam, it deserves better than that. why not have a sub forum of grand designs for spam threads, or put them in reverse polarity or someplace else that i dont really know exists. its just the opinion of one tick, save grand designs !

p.s. im not trying to knock people who want to spam, its just that its all in my favorite forum.

spam is best with mustard.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh how i have been waiting for this to happen i thought we had it cleaned up but every day or 2 there's another 1 .........don't get me wrong i do spam some but not nearly like i used too since the last clean up & every time a new thread i say to myself it won't be long now laugh.gif & here is the time I do agree there are again too many spam threads but the rest i wub.gif

QUOTE (The Rocinante @ Aug 13 2006, 06:02 PM)
I thought Grand Designs WAS the psam forum confused13.gif

i could understand why you would think that, but id like to think its more then that, although lately, well...

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 13 2006, 06:20 PM)

i could understand why you would think that, but id like to think its more then that, although lately, well...

Well, like i said, we should delete all current spam threads, except for the T4VS one, because its at like 800+ pages.

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Aug 13 2006, 07:24 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Aug 13 2006, 06:20 PM)

Well, like i said, we should delete all current spam threads, except for the T4VS one, because its at like 800+ pages.

Or we could delete your and fledgehog's accounts. Oh, it's just a joke. Calm down.

But seriously, if you guys would be kind enough to cut down on the spamming just a little I'm sure there's several folks here who would appreciate it. How about next time you get the urge to spam, you actually go and check out some threads where people are having a conversation and maybe join in? Who knows, you might even enjoy it.

I wasn't here when Grand Designs was started

but from the name of it... GRAND DESIGNS I

would think it was just that! I see there are

threads for all to join in which are actually a way to

see where other peoples minds go, such as this or

that and others that are simular. These things actually

have you write something, You know using the brain.

Not much but at least it lets people see where your

mind goes.

There are also threads like Hilda and JAWK JAW,

which if you read from the beginning you can also get

into without "spamming". Some don't even need to go

to the start to join in... It's really something that lets others

see what you are thinking.

Grand Designs, I thought, was suppose to be just that...

Ideas and Designs that are Grand or that you put some

thought into.

I just don't see how loading up a page of

ohmy.gif or

tongue.gif or

ph34r.gif or

062802puke_prv.gif

is considered a GRAND DESIGN.

I agree that maybe there should be a sub-forum just

for the "spamming" threads... With the exception of the

"Catch up to Test" one... It's been here from the start. wink.gif

When I first joined TRF there was alot in Grand Designs

that I joined in... Now I stop over, Jawk Jaw, check and see if

anyone heard from Hilda, and see if thgere are any new members

in the TICK KLIQ... http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/ar2112/atickhum.gif

That's just my opinion on what Grand Designs is... or WAS.

QUOTE (Trance @ Aug 13 2006, 06:56 PM)
Or just have one huge thread designated just for spam, so that when someone (oneone? sorry, old joke laugh.gif ) feels the need to spam, they go there instead of starting an entirely new spam thread.

Yes, i say do that yes.gif

GD wasn't supposed to be for spam. When we formed this forum we placed what few spam threads we had in here, but the spam wasn't supposed to extend beyond those few threads. Apparently it has. Looks like we needs to do something about that.

I've said this before, I'll say it again. I try not to spam beyond maybe once or twice a month and it's usually only around 10/12 posts. I agree I've kind of felt lately (over the past couple of days) that it's actually kind of getting annoying in this sub-forum. Besides the Association threads and a few others, it's starting to get to be SPAMKILL, which means overkill, but with spam. Hope you guys 'got that'. I haven't posted in the T4VS spam thread in a couple of weeks. I agree with the general consensus here that we should have maybe 1 thread dedicated to spam. But you should only be allowed to post, let's say 10 posts every certain amount of time.

I found this in the thread from the last time

we all had the discussion about the

"spamming" problem.

Some recent comments from several GD regulars -- along with our own observations -- prompted this...

Grand Designs was originally designed to house the more "silly" threads that were populating Random Samples (silly in a good way, of course). Those threads took on a life of their own and were starting to knock elbows with the other not-so-silly RS threads, so we made a new home for them. And now GD is immensely popular. We also threw what few "spammy" threads that were residing in RS into here as well, saying at the time that we didn't want GD to turn into a mindless spam forum.

But now we're seeing people starting their own spam threads in order to build their post counts, instead of using those few existing ones. And now THOSE new spam threads are are becoming more prevalent in THIS forum. And since this isn't supposed to be a spam forum, well...

We will now ask that people who feel the need to raise their post counts by using the "express lane" to use the existing spam threads that everyone else uses, like Word (or whatever) Association, Catch Up To Test, etc., and not start new ones.

To those who have posted these recent spam threads...no, we're not mad at you or anything. This was a trend that this forum was riding, and you just went along with it. But now that you have reached your goal, maybe we'll close your spam thread.

To those who think this is "micromanaging," it isn't. We don't want GD to turn into a spam forum, so there you go. It's not out of control yet, but we'd rather it not get to that point. We have no plans to create a spam-only forum, so in order to get this forum back on track, this seems like the best solution.

Thanks for your cooperation, and continue to Bake The Rolls! -1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Maybe this needs to be read by some of

the newcomers or those who didn't understand

it the first time it was stated.

i love freedom of expression and although i dont spam, my humor is an acquired taste. i dont want people who enjoy spamming to feel they cant, i just wish there was a place, you know like siberia tongue.gif where could be exhiled to so they can spam till the cows come home. im sure it will all work out. over at dream theater.net they hated my humor, called me a troll (with pissed me off big time !) the administration closed one thread calling it spam bullshit. of coarse i did'nt take well to this and lets just say the next thing you knew i was banned for a week.(like i care) hell i only have 40 posts there anyways since march but the point is i dont want to offend anyone i just think grand designs was not suposed to be what its become.

Archived