A round of Applause for Necroo

Slacker

applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif

Necro, right from the off you had your character down to a tee.

Yesterday's thread was a classic, full of so many awesome pitch-perfect performances. It's invidious to pick out any one person's contribution, there were so wonderful throwaway subtlties in the posts. Well done everyone yes.gif

Good to lock it when it was locked as well.

And a big hats-off and thanks to the mods who, a month or so ago, had to deal with a fair amount of that type of posting on the board they put so much time into for us.

trink39.gif

Disco

QUOTE (Disco @ Aug 4 2006, 05:23 AM)
applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  applaudit.gif

Necro, right from the off you had your character down to a tee.

Yesterday's thread was a classic, full of so many awesome pitch-perfect performances.  It's invidious to pick out any one person's contribution, there were so wonderful throwaway subtlties in the posts.  Well done everyone yes.gif

Good to lock it when it was locked as well.

And a big hats-off and thanks to the mods who, a month or so ago, had to deal with a fair amount of that type of posting on the board they put so much time into for us.

trink39.gif

Disco

Just another reason, Disco.

To keep coming back trink39.gif

blush4.gif

Thanks guys. Glad you liked it. I couldn't have done it though without all of you that rolled with me on it. It was total improv and it just kept getting funnier.

I was looking over at CP to see how they're doing and was blown away at how much of that stuff goes on for real. From what I read, people actually threaten each other's lives and there's been legal action taken against members. ohmy.gif

Not to rag on that board, but it was kinda shocking. I mean, TRF isn't some hippy love fest commune (sorry goobs laugh.gif ), but it's NOTHING like that. During that period, the admins and mods busted their asses to make sure THIS didn't turn into that and after really looking at THAT, now I know why.

The applause should really go to THEM. I know I've been on the other side of the fence sometimes here, and still will be on occassion, but i don't think i've yet to see anything like I have over there. And the ones that cause it there... were all here, and were all dealt with very appropriately. No easy task I would assume.

So again... hats off to everyone that participated in making yesterday quite a lot of fun. For those of you who thought it was real... sorry, what can I say? I thought it was more than obvious it was fake, but I could see how some might not get it. For those of you who thought it was lame... moon.gif

laugh.gif

Neeeecroo

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2006, 03:37 AM)
I was looking over at CP to see how they're doing and was blown away at how much of that stuff goes on for real. From what I read, people actually threaten each other's lives and there's been legal action taken against members. ohmy.gif

Uh, no. Most of that was stuff that HoldyourfireAl made up. He was a troll that had been a big pain in the ass for a very long time. Ouchie finally drove him away. At least for the time being.

BTW, your ersatz drama was pretty clever, Necro. laugh.gif

I thought it was brilliant and funny as hell.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/k/peepwall.gif

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/_950/ole.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif This is for Necro and this is for the admins and mods that make this place so awesome.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

I discovered the thread in work about 6:00pm, at first i thought i died and went to counterparts, but as i read on i was like, this is necro stirring up trouble as usual. then i thought, holy shit, this all took place today ! then i got to join in, with a beligerant post i rather enjoyed writing. in the end it was a thread for the ages that will not be soon forgotten and can never be duplicated. my question to you necro is, whats the matter do you miss the counterparts peeps that much ? wink.gif

QUOTE (Grandpa Grizz @ Aug 4 2006, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2006, 03:37 AM)
I was looking over at CP to see how they're doing and was blown away at how much of that stuff goes on for real.  From what I read, people actually threaten each other's lives and there's been legal action taken against members.  ohmy.gif

Uh, no. Most of that was stuff that HoldyourfireAl made up. He was a troll that had been a big pain in the ass for a very long time. Ouchie finally drove him away. At least for the time being.

BTW, your ersatz drama was pretty clever, Necro. laugh.gif

Yeah, it was based on HoldYourFireAl's stuff. That was what I was reading over there. So that's not real either? But it's NOT FUNNY either. I thought this thing was so obviously funny if you really read it, that it made it clear that it wasn't real. YOU thought it was real too at one point. laugh.gif

I was doing everything I could to sucker anyone in I saw reading it. When I saw you there I had to bring you in. Too bad you didn't stay, but your reply... ME? I don't even know what this is about. That had me in hysterics. No one knew what it was about, and that's how I felt reading HYFA's stuff while he was here and now back over there. laugh.gif

But just so you know... as you can tell by my posts over there. I do like the other differences there. Just like you do here. It was THAT particular type of difference that I just found a bit distasteful. I can be quite a pain in the ass myself, but some of your guys are PROFESSIONALS at it. laugh.gif

Please don't take it as a knock on CP in general. It wasn't.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Aug 4 2006, 11:08 AM)
Well, it was "ok", but no oscar nominations will ever come from it.

Entertainment none the less.

That's all i ever try for. I hope to amuse and keep people not bored. For the ones that participated in it, i'm sure they CAN'T say it was boring, and unless you are one of the few that didn't know it was all a ruse, then it definitely had it's humorous moments. I thought it had TONS of humorous moments.

I don't think we do any awards here anymore, but if we did, I wasn't trying for thread of the year or anything. Just trying to liven up MY day mostly and hopefully others as well.

I think it worked for the most part. yes.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 4 2006, 02:37 AM)
TRF isn't some hippy love fest commune (sorry goobs laugh.gif )

ohmy.gif It's NOT???

sad.gif

fists crying.gif

So again... hats off to everyone that participated in making yesterday quite a lot of fun.  For those of you who thought it was real... sorry, what can I say?  I thought it was more than obvious it was fake, but I could see how some might not get it.

ohmy.gif It was FAKE???

sad.gif

fists crying.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 4 2006, 11:18 AM)

So again... hats off to everyone that participated in making yesterday quite a lot of fun.  For those of you who thought it was real... sorry, what can I say?  I thought it was more than obvious it was fake, but I could see how some might not get it.

ohmy.gif It was FAKE???

sad.gif

fists crying.gif

Most of it was fake. All the animosity me and CeeJ threw YOUR way though Goobs... that was all REAL!!!

tongue.gif

applaudit.gif

Sorry i had a couple of yous worried with my 1st post

in that thread ph34r.gif

but cumon I think i know Kenny & Carol pretty well

by now, Knowin that they were just pullin our legs wink.gif

sorry if i worried u few yes.gif

trink39.gif Neeecr0 & Carol wink.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 4 2006, 12:11 PM)
applaudit.gif

Sorry i had a couple of yous worried with my 1st post
in that thread ph34r.gif
but cumon I think i know Kenny & Carol pretty well
by now, Knowin that they were just pullin our legs wink.gif
sorry if i worried u few yes.gif

trink39.gif Neeecr0 & Carol wink.gif

It just blew me back for a minute. I never even thought about that, so when i read your words... i was like... oh shit... she could see this as a mockery of all that. THAT never crossed my mind. There were some board events that were going through my head, but not that. no.gif

WTF?

Necro starts a board war WITH EVERY DAMN MEMBER WHO READS HIS THREAD, and he gets APPLAUDED FOR IT?

AND IT WASN'T EVEN REAL?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

But I admit it WAS kinda fun. laugh.gif

Archived