Neils new book !

Tick

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 5 2006, 12:46 PM)
Is there any books out there specifically about 2.gif 's albums & songs? I've heard about a book called Contents Under Pressure that desribes their music.

There's that one and one called "Chemistry" - and don't ask me who wrote either one. My brain handles names in the same sieve-like manner as it does numbers...

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 3 2006, 10:02 AM)
i had to drag it out of her, but laurette(my wife) told me she pre ordered neils book for me for my birthday. its available sept.26th. i should recieve it by oct.3rd. very cool gift !

Awesome! I want to get it as well.

QUOTE (Maddy @ Aug 7 2006, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 5 2006, 12:46 PM)
Is there any books out there specifically about  2.gif 's albums & songs? I've heard about a book called Contents Under Pressure that desribes their music.

There's that one and one called "Chemistry" - and don't ask me who wrote either one. My brain handles names in the same sieve-like manner as it does numbers...

Jon Collins. Here's the link.

Say I'm not a real Rush fan or what have you, but I honestly have never been remotely interested in reading any of his books. Maybe they're good or great, but it seems like it's taking fandom to an extreme. If it was a chronicle of the band, like for example Nick Mason's Inside Out, I'd be all over it, but otherwise, while I find him a great lyricist (even though more recent albums I've found a bit lacking), I just don't feel any desire to read a book by him.

Maybe if for me Rush was my all time #1 favorite band so far above any others in terms of quality and how much I listen to them, I'd feel differently, but to me they are one of several truly great bands. I think they're the best at what they do, but I listen to a LOT of other stuff as well. Neil is a great drummer and a great lyricist, but I'm not interested in his life too much outside of all that if it doesn't apply to Rush.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2006, 08:00 PM)
Maybe if for me Rush was my all time #1 favorite band so far above any others in terms of quality and how much I listen to them, I'd feel differently, but to me they are one of several truly great bands. I think they're the best at what they do, but I listen to a LOT of other stuff as well. Neil is a great drummer and a great lyricist, but I'm not interested in his life too much outside of all that if it doesn't apply to Rush.

Couldn't have put it better myself.... wink.gif

Well, actually I could have put it better, but I thought I'd throw you a bone, Goober..

Err....should I have said that? bolt.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 7 2006, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 7 2006, 08:00 PM)
Maybe if for me Rush was my all time #1 favorite band so far above any others in terms of quality and how much I listen to them, I'd feel differently, but to me they are one of several truly great bands.  I think they're the best at what they do, but I listen to a LOT of other stuff as well.  Neil is a great drummer and a great lyricist, but I'm not interested in his life too much outside of all that if it doesn't apply to Rush.

Couldn't have put it better myself.... wink.gif

Well, actually I could have put it better, but I thought I'd throw you a bone, Goober..

Err....should I have said that? bolt.gif

no.gif

bitch

tongue.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Aug 5 2006, 07:47 AM)
His writing style comes across to me as very "conversational" , "down to earth" . I love traveling, I love observing various aspect of a journey right down to every detail. (coffee quality, disposition of waitresses, etc)

So I highly anticipate this release as more of the same, yet more places and interactions.

mee too! traveling is such a rare thing for me ...gots kids. i like to "hear" about other places when i can.

The Masked Rider was great for that. The adventure itself was brutal, but fascinating. I could never have made that journey. I would have curled up into a ball and cried for my mother. Oh, but Paris and the "C's" ! 653.gif trink38.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had read Ghost Rider first. I stumbled across an advertisement for it on the internet. "Travels on the Healing Road" Had Neil been sick? confused13.gif

I hadn't known of his family's tragedies, ohmy.gif sad.gif Having lost my husband a few months before seeing this and being bit of a Rush fan with an acute appreciation for the lyrics (the ones I knew, anyway,) I HAD to get that book. Words can't describe how it helped me. I actually had my first LOL experience...startled by my own laughter and quickly looking around to see if anyone saw and wondered if I was crazy or something laugh.gif unsure.gif . I cried some, too. sad.gif Suffice it to say, I was not disappointed with the book. Rather, I bought all of the Rush cd's, read his other books and joined a Rush message board. bekloppt.gif

Traveling Music was just fun! What a treat to climb inside the mind of a genius and listen for a while, learning about people and events that influenced him and the drive that made him who he is today. I can't wait for Roadshow. common001.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 8 2006, 01:47 AM)
His writing style comes across to me as very "conversational" , "down to earth" . I love traveling, I love observing various aspect of a journey right down to every detail. (coffee quality, disposition of waitresses, etc)

So I highly anticipate this release as more of the same, yet more places and interactions.

mee too! traveling is such a rare thing for me ...gots kids. i like to "hear" about other places when i can.

The Masked Rider was great for that. The adventure itself was brutal, but fascinating. I could never have made that journey. I would have curled up into a ball and cried for my mother. Oh, but Paris and the "C's" ! 653.gif trink38.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I had read Ghost Rider first. I stumbled across an advertisement for it on the internet. "Travels on the Healing Road" Had Neil been sick? confused13.gif

I hadn't known of his family's tragedies, ohmy.gif sad.gif Having lost my husband a few months before seeing this and being bit of a Rush fan with an acute appreciation for the lyrics (the ones I knew, anyway,) I HAD to get that book. Words can't describe how it helped me. I actually had my first LOL experience...startled by my own laughter and quickly looking around to see if anyone saw and wondered if I was crazy or something laugh.gif unsure.gif . I cried some, too. sad.gif Suffice it to say, I was not disappointed with the book. Rather, I bought all of the Rush cd's, read his other books and joined a Rush message board. bekloppt.gif

Traveling Music was just fun! What a treat to climb inside the mind of a genius and listen for a while, learning about people and events that influenced him and the drive that made him who he is today. I can't wait for Roadshow. common001.gif

http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/images/smiles/hug.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Aug 8 2006, 04:16 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Aug 8 2006, 01:47 AM)

http://www.linuxp2p.com/forums/images/smiles/hug.gif

http://usera.imagecave.com/RolindaBonz/share2.gif