They're remaking 'The Birds'?!

Jack Aubrey

I am officially fed up with all this remake crap. I'm not even going to paste the article here because I am that annoyed. Go here to read the article.

I'm a bird NUT. My kids were just discussing how screwed we'd be if birds were vicious and I told them there's a movie about just that called THE BIRDS. The discussion got into the movie and how in concept it was pretty cool, but overall... in my opinion... a lame movie that NEEDED to be remade with today's budgets and special effects. I'm actually looking forward to it.

But I see what you mean about remakes. There are a ton of them lately and most really do NOT deserve being made, or they don't do the original justice.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 3 2006, 07:33 AM)
I am officially fed up with all this remake crap. I'm not even going to paste the article here because I am that annoyed. Go here to read the article.

I won't even read it.

Leave Hitchcock films alone. Restore and re-release the originals in the theaters.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 3 2006, 08:59 AM)

I won't even read it.

Leave Hitchcock films alone. Restore and re-release the originals in the theaters.

Hear hear! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 3 2006, 07:59 AM)
But I see what you mean about remakes.  There are a ton of them lately and most really do NOT deserve being made, or they don't do the original justice.

Hollywood writers -- or at least the ones the Hollywood execs are going to for scripts -- seemingly have no more original ideas left. That's why we're seeing nothing but lame remakes of older films, remakes of even lamer TV series, dried up movie franchises being resurrected ("Rambo???"), and sequels of movies that barely broke even at the box office. And of the original movies that ARE being made nowadays, few are worth watching.

I'll bet there's plenty of good scripts out there, penned by lesser known but talented writers, that aren't being given a chance because there's no opportunity for a Burger King cross-promotion.

QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ Jul 3 2006, 11:38 PM)
Now that they're at the point of remaking, 'The Dukes of Hazzard', it's pretty obvious that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel in the remake genre.

Soon we'll be seeing a remake of, 'The Courtship of Eddie's Father.'

I'm going to give up on movies if i see one of "Eight is Enough."

QUOTE (MrMiltonBanana @ Jul 4 2006, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ Jul 3 2006, 11:38 PM)
Now that they're at the point of remaking, 'The Dukes of Hazzard', it's pretty obvious that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel in the remake genre.

Soon we'll be seeing a remake of, 'The Courtship of Eddie's Father.'

I'm going to give up on movies if i see one of "Eight is Enough."

Actually I think 'The Courtship of Eddie's Father' is too good. I'm really surprised that they haven't tried FANTASY ISLAND or THE LOVE BOAT. I don't want them! I DEFINITELY don't want them! I'm just suprised they haven't been done.

who is in the leading actor role , russell crow ? icon_really_happy_guy.gif get it russell crow , i cant stand it ! rofl3.gif unsure.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 3 2006, 07:59 AM)

I won't even read it.

True! his flicks are classics & perfect as they are

Ino they wanna open up the classics to these kids that

duno a classic if they saw it, but like ya said..

Just Restore and re-release,

theyr doin it to most of disneys movies ya know?!?!

dont see them REmakin lady & the tramp or snowwhite

and so on....

so why mess with the best! confused13.gif

These "Hollywood" people need to get a lil

imagination & put out NEW movies! yes.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 6 2006, 08:26 AM)

who is in the leading actor role , russell crow ? icon_really_happy_guy.gif get it russell crow , i cant stand it ! rofl3.gif unsure.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

spit6ph.gif

z7shysterical.gif

Ur a goofball u know that?!?? laugh.gif

"The Birds" messed me up as a kid when I saw the schoolyard scene on TV. All those children running down the street as birds swept down and pecked them to death! Yikes! My brother told me not to watch and go outside instead... but when I did, I was looking up the whole time.

Maybe a re-make wouldn't be too bad... at least they'd have more realistic special effects.

And "Vertigo" was already re-made, by the way. Have you seen Mel Brooks's "High Anxiety"? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jul 6 2006, 06:54 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 6 2006, 04:37 PM)
Maybe a re-make wouldn't be too bad... at least they'd have more realistic special effects.

comp26.gif

yep ... it is like a tribute to the original. Also, it will expose many to the original as well.

If a current band remade a RUSH song and it was a hit, I am all for that.

There they go, ruining another great movie! The Birds was my favorite when I was a kid, along with PeeWee's Big Adventure laugh.gif

Anyone who even contemplates remaking a Hitchcock film should be hung, drawn,quartered, dipped in boiling oil, keelhauled,crucified,burnt at the stake and their ashes scattered to the four winds.....