Summer TV Sucks

rushgoober

I usually do plenty of reading and TV watching. But you're right, there's nothing on anymore.

"American Idol" is over. There goes Tuesday and Wednesday. "The Apprentice" has one more Monday left, and then that night will be a void as well.

What the heck do I watch? "Deal or No Deal"?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 1 2006, 08:14 AM)
Every night at primetime it's become not what are we gonna watch tonight, but what WAS on this night that is over for the season. sad.gif

Summer TV sucks! yes.gif sad.gif rage.gif

Jeez, I might have to read a book or something. ohmy.gif

laugh.gif Thank God for books, huh? I usually find that there's something worth watching on either the History Channel or the Discovery Channel.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 1 2006, 09:02 AM)
Every night at primetime it's become not what are we gonna watch tonight, but what WAS on this night that is over for the season. sad.gif

Summer TV sucks! yes.gif  sad.gif  rage.gif

Jeez, I might have to read a book or something.  ohmy.gif

laugh.gif Thank God for books, huh? I usually find that there's something worth watching on either the History Channel or the Discovery Channel.

Me too..Discovery Channel ROCKS 1022.gif

Speaking of the History Channel, their American Revolution miniseries starts Sunday at 10 PM, EST. Check it out here. Yeah, I'll be watching it.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 1 2006, 06:02 AM)

..or the Travel Channel or the Food Channel...

Emeril can make nearly any dish seem exciteing to make.

Edited by pinkfloyd1973

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Jun 1 2006, 08:05 AM)

You know who I like? I like Alton Brown of "Good Eats." He's entertaining to me (and kinda cute, too!). My kids like his show, too. Emeril gets on my nerves sometimes.

yeah, i enjoy the history channel, but in doses. i can't watch it all the time. G4 has been showing Star Trek TNG at 8 and 9 pm, but i get tired of seeing ones i've already seen recently too often.

anyway, i think i have a bunch of those book thingies around here somewhere. unsure.gif

TV sucks.

Fed up of watching the same shit every night.

My TV viewing has dropped by 75% over the last couple of years.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 1 2006, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (plodder @ Jun 1 2006, 04:51 PM)
TV sucks.

yep

yes.gif

I already KNOW I will be addicted to NBC's new treasure hunt show. I love things like that, so I have no doubt I'll be sucked in. (Yes, I know, the reality tv hater watching reality tv). Oh, and Hell's Kitchen is back, which is another of my tv drugs.

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jun 1 2006, 01:09 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jun 1 2006, 11:49 AM)
QUOTE (plodder @ Jun 1 2006, 04:51 PM)
TV sucks.

yep

yes.gif

ditto....

any tv show I watch nowadays is on DVD (one of the greatest things ever as far as tv goes).....

way too many commercials and reruns new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I have to agree i hate seeing our loved shows ending for the season beathorse.gif i had 4 out of 5 nights taken care of with my shows Lost, Survivor , A Idol & a few more makes for a boring evening thankgoodness i have like 400 DVD movies to watch in these times laugh.gif I read some but not enough

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 1 2006, 02:51 PM)
It's a good time to crack open McCullough's biography on John Adams you've been putting off.

Thanks for reminding me. Now I just gotta remember where it is.

QUOTE (subdivision40 @ Jun 1 2006, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Jun 1 2006, 08:05 AM)

You know who I like? I like Alton Brown of "Good Eats." He's entertaining to me (and kinda cute, too!). My kids like his show, too. Emeril gets on my nerves sometimes.

Me, too. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 1 2006, 10:38 PM)
It's a good time to crack open McCullough's biography on John Adams you've been putting off.

If you're looking for a good biography, allow me to recommend my favorite:

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05101809011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/10260000/10268047.jpg

I have no interest in watching shows about animals, cooking, fashion, gardening, or home improvement.

History is also out, unless it has something of a "true crime" bent. I'm not interesting in hearing about WWI or WWII, or military actions, but maybe something like the Lindbergh kidnapping, Kennedy assassination, or Bonnie & Clyde... something like that.

Cold Case Files and the solving of other old murder cases are intriguing to me, if done in a documentary style. No fiction; no "CSI." I want them to be TRUE murder cases. CourtTV does these kind of shows, as well as a couple other networks. Old episodes of the (cancelled) show "Unsolved Mysteries" are okay; they're shown of Lifetime.

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 2 2006, 08:59 AM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 1 2006, 10:38 PM)

If you're looking for a good biography, allow me to recommend my favorite:

http://a1204.g.akamai.net/7/1204/1401/05101809011/images.barnesandnoble.com/images/10260000/10268047.jpg

Hey, that would be perfect for my grandfather for a Father's Day gift. Thanks.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jun 1 2006, 03:51 PM)

Yup. Or, 1776, it's good too. But as far as TV goes, History Channel is running "Washington the Warrior" (about Washington's military career, obviously) this week. I liked it. Also, they are starting a new series next week, I believe, entitled "Revolution" taking a look back at the country's founding. Should be good too. Keep an eye out for it.

does this mean we may actually have to go outside our homes.