Protesters

2112-Rob-2112

I was working last night at the movie theater...and of course everyone was going to see "The Davinci Code" We had it playing in 3 theaters and all 3 of them were sold out on each showing...and it was crazy beacuse we had protesters outside the movie theater for awhile protesting the davinci code. It was pretty odd and they didint really stop anyone from seeing the movie anyway beacuse it was packed. ITS JUST A MOVIE ANYWAY GET OVER IT! I heard the movie sucked from countless people so i wouldnt recommend seeing it anyway....but if any of you have seen it let me know how it was.

I wasn't great but, I still liked it. I read the book and following the movie was easy. For someone who hasn't read the book, it might be confusing. It was too much info to go over in 2 hours and 20 mins. I think they had a daunting task and in the long run I think they suceeded. It's one film that should have been longer. I think the DVD version will have a lot more stuff.

I saw it last night. Unfortunately there were no protestors outside of the theater I was at, otherwise I would have had some fun with them...

As for the movie, I thought it was pretty good.

QUOTE (kazzman @ May 20 2006, 12:54 PM)
I saw it last night. Unfortunately there were no protestors outside of the theater I was at, otherwise I would have had some fun with them...

As for the movie, I thought it was pretty good.

aha speaking of having fun with them..one of my friends went up to one and told him it was just a movie and that prtesting is stupid...and the protestor told my friend he is ignorant and all this..and my friend just said JESUS CHRIST and walked away..ahahaa

I couldn't imagine the movie being that great considering how mediocre the book was. I read a review on the flick in the paper and it was lukewarm. They pointed out all the things that I had predicted would be wrong with the movie, such as it being dumbed down to a race against time thriller sprinkled with some controversial religious bullshit (not that there was much character development in the first place), as well as Tom Hanks being a bad choice to play Robert Langdon. Hopefully Jean Reno and Ian McKellan's performances will make it tolerable. I'm not expecting much from Tom Hanks (Robert Langdon is kind of a boring character to begin with anyway) or whats-her-name who played Amilie

I'll wait for it to come out on video.

Edited by DarkCityJay

Regarding the protesters, I guess they have a right to protest the movie and, as a Christian myself, can understand the concept of blasphemy and why it would be disturbing.

However, it would be better for them to realize that it is indeed a work of Hollywood fiction (garbage, in this particular case) and that whatever folks buy into the story are the same ones who check out the weekly Star or Enquirer.

Instead of purchasing an already expensive ticket, use the money for the collection plate at church. At least the money will go somewhere more useful.

My interest in this movie has diminished significantly, but only because of the reviews. I'll definitely see it eventually regardless, whether in the theater or at home.

I remember protestors outside the theater when I saw "The Last Temptation of Christ" too. I guess some people just need something to do. It's not like they're protesting any great injustice, just a work of fiction, but hey, whatever makes them happy. eh.gif schla03.gif

The history channel has been having some really interesting shows dealing with topics that are in this movie. I'm with DCJ here (not just brown nosing you Spaz...tongue.gif )....say what you will about the movie (and no, I haven't seen it yet) hollywood-ized or not, at least it makes people think, and raises interest in some very fascinating parts of history.

I remember seeing "Big Fish" and thought the movie had a lot of hidden meanings and caused me to think about things that are personal to me.

Albert Finney's character told stories that had meaning but he exaggerated them to the point of them being fictitious and tall tales. His son realized that the stories he told were real but not presented in their true light.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 20 2006, 05:41 PM)
Regarding the protesters, I guess they have a right to protest the movie and, as a Christian myself, can understand the concept of blasphemy and why it would be disturbing.

However, it would be better for them to realize that it is indeed a work of Hollywood fiction (garbage, in this particular case) and that whatever folks buy into the story are the same ones who check out the weekly Star or Enquirer.

Instead of purchasing an already expensive ticket, use the money for the collection plate at church. At least the money will go somewhere more useful.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 20 2006, 04:41 PM)

garbage?

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 21 2006, 07:41 AM)
Regarding the protesters, I guess they have a right to protest the movie

This says it all in my opinion. Even if we think they're protesting the most ridiculous thing, it isn't ridiculous to them.

I'm reading the book right now, and I'm totally addicted. I think it's awesome; brilliant. Whether the back story of the Priory of Sion, the Knights Templar, and Opus Dei is real or imaginary, I think the book is an exciting read - fast paced, with lots of fascinating clues and code-breaking. If anything, the book has only made me more apt to embrace Christ - and this from someone who's a Secular Humanist with a distaste for organized religion.

As JohnnyBlaze said (above), these sensitive Christians can protest all they want; though most of us don't understand it, it's a very personal issue with them. But why protest "Last Temptation of Christ" and "DaVinci Code," but allow George Burns to portray God as some comical vaudevillian character? Wasn't "Oh God" more offensive?

And keep in mind: Agnostics and Atheists weren't out protesting "Passion of the Christ." They just didn't go see it.

Edited by GeddyRulz

My wife's b-day was Friday and I had purchased advanced tickets to the 'Code'. She had read the book, I had not. I am not a very religious person but find it all very interesting.

I really liked the movie, loved the cast and thought it was filmed very well. Anyone who doesn't know about this theory should really do some research because well, to say the least, it does have some serious credibility.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ May 21 2006, 11:21 AM)
To the albinos who are protesting - you need to lighten up a bit. sarcasm.gif

Oh no! I thought just the Catholics were protesting. Don't tell me the albinos are protesting, too!

How'd they feel about the albino character in the movie "Foul Play"? Protest him, too?