The 'X-Men 3' seven minute preview

Jack Aubrey

Nothing about the footage really wowed me, but I was entertained. Click here for mutants!

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 15 2006, 09:39 AM)
Are any of you extremely familiar with the characters, especially the new ones seen in this trailer?

I'm wondering if there is a good place to get a quick primer on these particular mutants somewhere on the net...

I'm not sure about "extremely" familiar, but I'll help if I can. What would you like to know?

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 14 2006, 06:08 PM)
Are any of you extremely familiar with the characters, especially the new ones seen in this trailer?

I'm wondering if there is a good place to get a quick primer on these particular mutants somewhere on the net...

I'm not sure about "extremely" familiar, but I'll help if I can. What would you like to know?

Well, it appears there are some characters not yet seen in the movies. I was just wondering about their powers & any interesting back stories:

Angel

Callisto

Beast

Collosus

Juggernaut

Shadowcat

others???

...and I don't have a good grip on the whole Jean Grey/Phoenix thing.

Any info would be very cool!

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 15 2006, 10:21 AM)

Well, it appears there are some characters not yet seen in the movies. I was just wondering about their powers & any interesting back stories:

Angel

Callisto

Beast

Collosus

Juggernaut

Shadowcat

others???

You should be able to find info on any of the characters' powers at marvel.com.

'Any interesting back stories'....

-Angel & Beast were members of the original team in the comics (which also included Cyclops, Jean Grey, & Iceman).

-There was some rivalry for the affection of Jean betweeen Angel & Cyclops in the beginning.

-Angel hid his wings from the public by strapping them in tightly

-Beast wasn't so beastly in the beginning (although he did have oversized feet & was a bit hairy). His furry self also wasn't always blue..it looked blackish grey for some time in the 70's.

-Colossus was one of the 'new' members (which also included Storm & Wolverine among others) that replaced the original 5. He's also Russian (I guess they'll probably drop this info from the movie)

-Shadowcat was the youngest X-man (13?) at the time she came around. She joined right around the time the Grey/Phoenix thing was happening. In a sense, she replaced Grey. She appeared in X1 & X2 by running through doors & walls.

-Callisto...don't know much about this 1. I quit collecting comics by then.

-Grey/Phoenix thang...I wouldn't want to spoil the movie too much for you. Seriously, you should wait & see the flick on this point.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 14 2006, 10:06 PM)
The preview isn't working for me confused13.gif .

Unfortunately this flick isn't coming here until September...THE very LAST nation in the world to get it !!!! angry.gif

It requires Windows Media Player.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ May 14 2006, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 15 2006, 10:21 AM)

Angel

Callisto

Beast

Collosus

Juggernaut

Shadowcat

others???

You should be able to find info on any of the characters' powers at marvel.com.

'Any interesting back stories'....

-Angel & Beast were members of the original team in the comics (which also included Cyclops, Jean Grey, & Iceman).

-There was some rivalry for the affection of Jean betweeen Angel & Cyclops in the beginning.

-Angel hid his wings from the public by strapping them in tightly

-Beast wasn't so beastly in the beginning (although he did have oversized feet & was a bit hairy). His furry self also wasn't always blue..it looked blackish grey for some time in the 70's.

-Colossus was one of the 'new' members (which also included Storm & Wolverine among others) that replaced the original 5. He's also Russian (I guess they'll probably drop this info from the movie)

-Shadowcat was the youngest X-man (13?) at the time she came around. She joined right around the time the Grey/Phoenix thing was happening. In a sense, she replaced Grey. She appeared in X1 & X2 by running through doors & walls.

-Callisto...don't know much about this 1. I quit collecting comics by then.

-Grey/Phoenix thang...I wouldn't want to spoil the movie too much for you. Seriously, you should wait & see the flick on this point.

Cool. Thanks!

Of all the new cast, I'm most excited about seeing Juggernaut. I used to watch that campy Saturday morning cartoon X-men tv show over a decade ago and I remember a show with him fighting. Wow, I might actually go see this movie, I havent done that in soo long.

PMS, this Friday on Fox, Sir Ian is hosting X-Men 2 and they will be telling about the new mutants in the film. Just fyi. And thanks for posting this, I saw it and loved it. Cant wait to see it.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 14 2006, 02:32 PM)
Nothing about the footage really wowed me, but I was entertained. Click here for mutants!

ROGUE IS A COMPLETE FOX. I want her X-3 Poster if I half to climb a 50 foot billboard to do it. Does anyone else out there think so? Comic book junkies and RUSH fans only please.

In the comics, Callisto was the leader of a group of mutants that lived in the sewers and tunnels below NYC. Most of them were physically mutated and were not accepted by society so they went underground. They were aptly named the Morlocks. I'm not sure what her role in the new movie will be though.

Juggernaut is the step-brother of Charles Xavier (Professor X). His name is Cain Marko and he has an extreme hatred towards his step-brother. He comes across some mystical gem that gave him a suit of armor that makes him extremely strong and a virtually unstoppable "juggernaut".

Angel was born into extreme wealth and was a "playboy" He developed feathered wings and his bone structure changed to that similar to a bird allowing him to fly and be extremely stealthy. He is generally a self absorbed person. At one point his wings are badly damaged and in a fit of rage and self pity, he joins Apocalypse (big bad guy believed to be the first mutant). Apocalypse turns his skin blue and transforms his feather wings into metal wings that can be used as weapons and renames him Death, one of Apocalypse's Four Horsemen.

Shadowcat is a young mutant that can become intangible. She can pass through solid objects and vice versa. I believe she can also disrupt electronics when she touches them in her "phased" form. She has been romatically linked with Colossus, even though he was quite a bit older than her. She has also spent a lot of time as Wolverine's side kick.

Beast born with large hands and feet and was quite strong and dextrous with the exception of that he looked normal, originally. He is a genius scientist and has mutated worse several times due to his own experiments. In the first or second movie he is in a short news clip as Dr. Hank McCoy. In the new movie he is played by Kelsey Grammer in his mutated, furry, blue form.

In case people aren't aware of it yet, I am an adult dork. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Signals1982 @ May 20 2006, 10:02 AM)
Looks great!

Hell, it WAS great! Just saw it today and I must say, it was the best 3rd installment of any trilogy I have seen.

Do yourselves a favor and go see it soon. Better than I thought it would be.

Even my g/f said it was damn good, and that's saying a lot. laugh.gif

Edited by SiriusRushFan

Just got back from seeing it. I'll admit it was better than I thought it would be, but it still wasn't that great of a film. The ending just flat out sucked imo, and I hated how they cured/killed some of the major characters in the X-Men universe. Juggernaut and Angel should have had much more screen time and they should have elaborated a lot more on the Dark Phoenix thing. The only thing this film had going for it was the action scenes.

Not really. All it really shows is that *said character* didn't really die as we all presumed he did. As far as more X-Men films go, all that's been confirmed is a Wolverine spin-off.

I seen it last Tuesday afternoon and I was all hyped to see it. It was a let down. Should've been called The Return of Jean Grey. I wanted to see Rogue and she was almost non existent. Tried to cover some great characters but not enough time spent on each one, too scattered. The action was cool. Didn't think The Last Stand meant killing characters off.