Schoolhouse Rock

Nunavuter

QUOTE (tick @ May 28 2006, 08:08 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ May 27 2006, 09:30 AM)
im just a bill , yes im only a bill , and im sitting here on capital hill . so now its off to the white where i stand there in line with alot of other bills for the president to sign , but if he signs me then ill be a law oh how i hope and pray that he will but today im am still just a bill.

they signed you bill now your a law ! 1022.gif

i prolly f*ked up the words but as a singer it wouldnt be the first time. biggrin.gif

c'mon now wheres the love , this was the best one they ever did.

I disagree ! tongue.gif

The funky "VERB ! THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENIN' " is the best ! cool.gif

bumper.gif For Panacea Fish. biggrin.gif

Edit: And for anyone else who likes 'SR', too. biggrin.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey

the phrase

"That is called a VETO!" is just stuck in my head!

music.gif ...but today I am still just a bill... music.gif

Schoolhouse Rock is what made Saturday mornings interesting. I looked forward to them in between each cartoon show. There can never be anything as good or interesting or even entertaing as well as educating ever again. smile.gif Saturday mornings really suck these days. Very sad sad.gif

Loved all the songs growing up! It's safe to say that School House Rock can be listed as one of my bass influences as well! Many a great bass line in those songs!

I had the opportunity to play bass in one of the local theatre company's production of the musical "School House Rock, Live!" several years back... a great production, and most of the singers were dead on ringers sounding like the original! Of course, I played all the bass lines "note for note" from the original recordings... not the watered down charts from the book. wink.gif

Again, loved them tunes growning up as a kid, and still love them today! Got the DVD's for my little one to enjoy too! wink.gif

It was absolutely a fantastic production

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 18 2008, 11:32 AM)
bumper.gif For Panacea Fish. biggrin.gif

Edit: And for anyone else who likes 'SR', too. biggrin.gif

Thanx a bunch, Jack!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Oh man...And to think I had mentioned this last night, lol

My faves were Interjection, and Conjunction Junction...

Gotta watch those YouTube vids when I get the better puter fixed...I hate it when the picture is all jerky...

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Aug 19 2008, 08:19 AM)
I heard there was a Schoolhouse Rock album that was re-done by some alternative groups. Is this true?

I had that CD. It came out, what? Fourteen, fifteen years ago or something. Not worth finding IMO. You want to hear the songs as they were sung in the 70s. That's the best way to hear them.

I have all the recordings of the original songs btw. I love listening to them every now and then. Makes me smile.gif . "Unpack Your Adjectives" is probably my favorite song.

*ahem...*

Conjunction Junction, what's your function? Hooking up words and phrases and clauses.

biggrin.gif

ah--thinking of these made me very very happy!

...i'm just a bill, yes I'm only a bill.....OR...Lolly lolly lolly get your adverbs here!...(love that one)... OR... Oh, elbow room, elbow room, Got to, got to get us some elbow room...

yes, very happy biggrin.gif